• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best feeling rep?

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
I am posting this in the Rolex section because it is the largest section, but it also concerns many potential Rolex models. I am in the market for my first rep, and I am basically wanting to get the most quality for my money. My question is, what is the best feeling rep(under 500). What rep, though maybe not necessarily the most accurate, has the best air of quality about it? Thanks!

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
Your question is too broad. Rolex itself has so many diff models under $500 for reps. You may want to narrow down to Subs, GMTs, Yachtmaster, Explorer etc....

Plus "best feeling" is very subjective to different individuals :)

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17

....Plus "best feeling" is very subjective to different individuals :)

Having this in mind, i can say that every modern rep has a great feeling on wrist. Even some cheap (now), older ones.
So, for the money that we spent, we are always* get a large amount of quality.

I think you better choose something you really like, in a size that fits you, after you do some study in its' gen reference.
You will read - ask others that allready have it, and you will decide if you can handle it - enjoy it - upgrade it sometime.

*shit happens..

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
Having this in mind, i can say that every modern rep has a great feeling on wrist. Even some cheap (now), older ones.
So, for the money that we spent, we are always* get a large amount of quality.

I think you better choose something you really like, in a size that fits you, after you do some study in its' gen reference.
You will read - ask others that allready have it, and you will decide if you can handle it - enjoy it - upgrade it sometime.

*shit happens..

The problem is, I like so many watches. To get an idea, here's a list of the ones I've seriously considered(probably missing a few). In no particular order

Noob/ARF Submariner ceramic, both LN and LV

Noob Yachtmaster, both rhodium/light blue and gold with rubber strap(116622 and 116655)

JF explorer I 214270

ARF DateJust 116234

ARF SD43 V2

Noob Daytona SA4130

ARF Daytona(why you do this to me, rep factories? ARF has non-working chrono, but is much better otherwise)

ZF Black Bay(many different colors)

XF Bronze Tudor Black bay

XF Tudor Pelagos

Noob PAM127 "fiddy"

VSF V2 PAM616 Carbotech

Hublot BIg Bang v6.5

AP Royal Oak offshore diver JF V9

AP Royal Oak offshore diver ember(gold+ceramic) jf

AP Royal Oak 15400(I like the white and blue dials, and probably prefer RG to SS) jf

Omega Seamaster LMPO Noob V5

Omega Seamaster PO 45.5(don't know what the best ones of that is)

Seamaster 300(I don't know if there are any good ones of these)

Blancpain Fifty Fathoms ZF

IWC Portuguese ZF

JF 5-digit subs

I'm probably forgetting some. I can say right now: If noob comes out with a really good Daytona with the SA4130 movement and ARF quality case/bracelet, I'd definitely get that. I'd also love for some factory to make some BB GMT and GMT-Master II Pepsi reps(though I'm sure you all want those things as well)

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Love my ARF 116500, can't recommend it enough. I was also very happy with my JF 114300

Reactions: Kanew

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
Where'd these 4 green bars come from? What is that a measure of, and what did I do to get those 4 bars. I don't think I had any green bars yesterday.

blehbleh215

2/2/17
The problem is, I like so many watches. To get an idea, here's a list of the ones I've seriously considered(probably missing a few). In no particular order

Noob/ARF Submariner ceramic, both LN and LV

Noob Yachtmaster, both rhodium/light blue and gold with rubber strap(116622 and 116655)

JF explorer I 214270

ARF DateJust 116234

ARF SD43 V2

Noob Daytona SA4130

ARF Daytona(why you do this to me, rep factories? ARF has non-working chrono, but is much better otherwise)

ZF Black Bay(many different colors)

XF Bronze Tudor Black bay

XF Tudor Pelagos

Noob PAM127 "fiddy"

VSF V2 PAM616 Carbotech

Hublot BIg Bang v6.5

AP Royal Oak offshore diver JF V9

AP Royal Oak offshore diver ember(gold+ceramic) jf

AP Royal Oak 15400(I like the white and blue dials, and probably prefer RG to SS) jf

Omega Seamaster LMPO Noob V5

Omega Seamaster PO 45.5(don't know what the best ones of that is)

Seamaster 300(I don't know if there are any good ones of these)

Blancpain Fifty Fathoms ZF

IWC Portuguese ZF

JF 5-digit subs

I'm probably forgetting some. I can say right now: If noob comes out with a really good Daytona with the SA4130 movement and ARF quality case/bracelet, I'd definitely get that. I'd also love for some factory to make some BB GMT and GMT-Master II Pepsi reps(though I'm sure you all want those things as well)

Buy em all.
seriously..I had no idea how much I love em until I wear them for a while.

Reactions: Kanew

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18

Do you have one? I hear a lot of good things about them. Is there anyone on this forum in CONUS that can "waterproof" my watch for a fee (take it apart, grease up the seals, make sure the crystal is seated etc)? If I got a watch like an SD43, i'd really like it to be able to withstand water like the gen, and I'm moving to San Diego soon, and will be swimming a lot.

Koric

Known Member
4/6/18
Anybody know if 316F bracelets from JF are comfortable? Specifically the ones on the 114060. Thanks.

hermesgroove

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/4/17
Wearing my ARF SD43 right now, feels very comfortable even though its a heavy watch. I'm thinking of keeping the bracelet in Baby Oil over night to make it feel even smoother.

personwholikeswatches

12/3/18
Wearing my ARF SD43 right now, feels very comfortable even though its a heavy watch. I'm thinking of keeping the bracelet in Baby Oil over night to make it feel even smoother.

If you have a gram scale, could you weigh it? I am very interested in the SD43. Also, have you used it in the water at all?

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Where'd these 4 green bars come from? What is that a measure of, and what did I do to get those 4 bars. I don't think I had any green bars yesterday.

It’s a direct and accurate measurement of the member’s intelligence.