• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What Rolex are you wearing today? Part II.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mui.richard

Renowned Member
16/10/14
62c48131973d51f59c880ea2f27bd7dd.jpg

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY

God I love this watch! Time for a first service though, noisy rotor, I hear a full cleaning fixes this usually. It's also stopping on me way premature. So I'm hoping a full tear down and cleaning will fix this issue. It keeps good time, never stops while wearing it, but now it's stopping ALMOST every night. I feel like if it sits still for 5-8 hours it's a 75% chance it will stop. Is this a problem with the SA3135, or reps in general?

Thanks guys. Gotta keep this beauty running well. I want 300 thousand miles out of my rep LOL, prolly more like 150. I'll replace a movement in the future if I have to, unless it's cheaper and easier to buy a brand new v9.

Kind of off topic but now that I'm ranting, what are the options for movements that will fit a v9 but be of maybe better quality. (Someone's gonna say gen movement lol)

Reactions: llvicente1023

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
God I love this watch! Time for a first service though, noisy rotor, I hear a full cleaning fixes this usually. It's also stopping on me way premature. So I'm hoping a full tear down and cleaning will fix this issue. It keeps good time, never stops while wearing it, but now it's stopping ALMOST every night. I feel like if it sits still for 5-8 hours it's a 75% chance it will stop. Is this a problem with the SA3135, or reps in general?

Thanks guys. Gotta keep this beauty running well. I want 300 thousand miles out of my rep LOL, prolly more like 150. I'll replace a movement in the future if I have to, unless it's cheaper and easier to buy a brand new v9.

Kind of off topic but now that I'm ranting, what are the options for movements that will fit a v9 but be of maybe better quality. (Someone's gonna say gen movement lol)

Gen movement is your answer lol.. The SA is harder to service compared to the Yuki or SH only because it cannot take as many gen parts to replace some of the flawed parts of this movement. I am no movement expert but it sounds like you could have a reverse wheel or auto-wind assembly problem which is effecting your power reserve. I do not know if the SA3135 will take gen reverse wheels or auto wind. The SA3135 does.

llvicente1023

31/8/17

Quick fix would be a winder to keep it running. Lol

Reactions: Cooldaddyfunk286
Status
Not open for further replies.