• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Calling out to all the Submariner Experts, especially the Two Tone 116613LB Bluesy!

BlackPearlB

Known Member
29/9/17
I was thinking of getting this Two Tone Submariner in a Blue Dial. I know it's flashy and I know it's Gold Gen and I also know that you're advised not to go away from. Black is with reps as they're closest to Gen. But I just LOVE this watch.

So basically I've 4 reasonable choices here, I'd love your opinions on which one in particular is the best or closest to Gen.
I personally am tending towards the TW Factory watch, although I haven't heard of this factory before, the dial and bezel seem very impressive!

Labeled Pictures - http://imgur.com/a/Y26nVGy

Links to the watches - (More Pictures)

BP V2 - https://www.intime03.co/rollie/2920...-dial-on-ss-yg-bracelet-on-swiss-eta2836.html

JF - https://www.intime03.co/rollie/4023...dition-blue-dial-on-ss-yg-bracelet-a2824.html

VRF - https://www.intime03.co/rollie/4459...-yg-vrf-1-1-best-edition-blue-dial-a2836.html

TW (The one I'm tending towards) - https://www.intime03.co/rollie/4106...ed-ss-yg-tw-best-edition-blue-dial-a2836.html

Thank you for the help as always RepFam!

BlackPearlB

Known Member
29/9/17
I would go with JF SH3135 personally

That was my second choice actually, although I wasn't sure of the 3135.
But could you please explain your choice? Caz by pictures I felt that the TW had done an impressive job on the Dial and the Bezel insert.

Paul Newman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/3/15
That was my second choice actually, although I wasn't sure of the 3135.
But could you please explain your choice? Caz by pictures I felt that the TW had done an impressive job on the Dial and the Bezel insert.

I have not seen the TW anywhere, just chosen because the movement offer, case of SH3135 is more accurate in general.

JF insert and dial look great for me, only thing I don't see is the DW

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
The only watch that might have the center links of the SELs plated on the sides with gold is possibly the VRF. The others look to be steel on the sides of the center links- a dead giveaway IMO.

BlackPearlB

Known Member
29/9/17
The only watch that might have the center links of the SELs plated on the sides with gold is possibly the VRF. The others look to be steel on the sides of the center links- a dead giveaway IMO.

That's a good observation. But everything else about the VRF seems off, like the dial, bezel insert, the Gold colour.

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
That's a good observation. But everything else about the VRF seems off, like the dial, bezel insert, the Gold colour.

Exactly. What will you see more of? The dial, the bezel, insert and the gold colour, or 0.05mm of bare SEL sides?

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
I had the gen and my friend had a nice JF that he has added gen crystal, I am telling you the reflection outside or even indoors will not let anyone see that the sides of the end links are steel and not gold... trust me there is no way someone to spot this while on wrist, only if someone "like us" takes the watch to examine it and knows what to look for... genuine by the way is just perfect, it looks like a million dollar on the wrist, that what I would be calling off but yet again will be coming from my personal experience

Reactions: dc2_bb6_cu2

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
And this is what the gen looks like..
dfd12cdd511cad6bf6779e5afa4cb287.jpg

d6b7b6cabde3e09977e75c7d4a70ef9f.jpg

49c0ad8668f5b4c7009fd7e557b14e89.jpg

4380fe312f904a3f4a83938fce6c97ef.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BlackPearlB

Known Member
29/9/17
I had the gen and my friend had a nice JF that he has added gen crystal, I am telling you the reflection outside or even indoors will not let anyone see that the sides of the end links are steel and not gold... trust me there is no way someone to spot this while on wrist, only if someone "like us" takes the watch to examine it and knows what to look for... genuine by the way is just perfect, it looks like a million dollar on the wrist, that what I would be calling off but yet again will be coming from my personal experience

Thank you for that insight bud! Thank you for the pictures too, very helpful!

In your experience, how did your friend's JF compare to your Gen?
And by Pictures, do you find the TW linked in my original post better than the JF in being closer to Gen?

Thanks in advance!
​​​​​
​​​

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Thank you for that insight bud! Thank you for the pictures too, very helpful!

In your experience, how did your friend's JF compare to your Gen?
And by Pictures, do you find the TW linked in my original post better than the JF in being closer to Gen?

Thanks in advance!
​​​​​
​​​

You are welcome! Well like I said it was a nice watch but trust me when the gen is next to any of the reps you will see a lot and flaws BUT people who don’t know or care will only judge by the person who wears the expensive watch.. This TW looks good indeed, photos are over exposures for some reason though.. anyhow I would for for the JF since I had the experience to see it live, just go for what you like, have a careful QC procedure and enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
OP, I agree with efthimis. Just change the date wheel, and you’re good. Best if someone with Loco Louie Noob 14k mod will sell you one, though. That would be your inexpensive grail that ticks all the right boxes: 3D hands, decent inserts, SEL centerlink sides in gold, decent dial (sunburst & not blurple), very good SEL recession and fit, etc. The VRF version is a close contender. You just need to change the dial.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
I forgot to mention the rounded off hour markers like gen in the Loco Louie version

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
I am telling you the reflection outside or even indoors will not let anyone see that the sides of the end links are steel and not gold... trust me there is no way someone to spot this while on wrist, only if someone "like us" takes the watch to examine it and knows what to look for...

Oh yes it's very much possible to be called out at certain angles even on the wrist. Was on crowded train standing side by side with this dude. His hand was raised holding the handle bar, spotted the bare steel sides of his 116613 rep. It is much more obvious on the 116613 than the older 16613 probably due to the design of the bulkier SEL.