• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

214270 Explorer I without EX PLOR ER?

pigger

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/4/18
Sweeden
Hi everyone, has anyone of you have a explorer I with writing of explorer in the right way? All TD versions im looking at their website have that problem. Is there any version that is best to get with proper writing? If you have this watch, can you post a few pictures of dial? And are there any other flaws on this type of watch when compared to GEN. Thank you very much guys

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Nope, I think this is pretty much it, no other issues. But the watch is quite small and I think you wouldn't notice the flaw on your wrist. The text is tiny and the crystal has zero AR, which makes it harder to see.

Reactions: elche069

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
A good friend of mine received QC pictures of his JF V2 with SH3135. The flaw in the writing appears to have been fixed! I'll try to find a picture later.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
I agree with hadamokel chap . I purchased one a couple of months back and the font seems fine . Definitely XPLORER , if it does have a floating E as in E XPLORER it isn't noticeable to my naked eyes . I posted this in a thread on here and got roasted for it , basically told I was talking out of my arse. Lol

Last edited:

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
I've found the pic. It's about 2 weeks old.
as I said before, to my untrained eyes, I believe it's been fixed.
20180618_101249.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 369mafia

Talha

9/6/17
I've found the pic. It's about 2 weeks old.
as I said before, to my untrained eyes, I believe it's been fixed.
rNKFOWR.jpg

After staring for 10min at the watch like a retard I can safely say i can't see any gap. :D
Really nice to see that it got fixed.

Reactions: merowinger

pigger

30/4/18
Sweeden
Can i ask you from which TD you got it? Im from EU. Im looking for A2824 model as SH3132 is not as easily serviced or reliable as A2824 as many mentioned that here on forum. Thank you

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
My friend got it through Mary.
I agree with you on the SH3135. It really isn't necessary on this watch as we don't have a date. But I guess some people like it that it works just like the genuine movement.
anyways, it can be made reliable! There's a thread in the movement section, "essential upgrades to the SH3135" or something like that.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
hadamokel I think it was only the JF version that had this issue . Did your friend get the BP version?

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
My friend got it through Mary.
I agree with you on the SH3135. It really isn't necessary on this watch as we don't have a date. But I guess some people like it that it works just like the genuine movement.
anyways, it can be made reliable! There's a thread in the movement section, "essential upgrades to the SH3135" or something like that.

this watch uses a 3132, no need to upgrade anything because major issue are on the date management, and there is no date here.
Just a good service when needed.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
hadamokel I think it was only the JF version that had this issue . Did your friend get the BP version?

Noob has some spacing between the first two letters til the middle four, then again on the last two letters. This is exactly what the gen looks like. Noob and JF both have too rounded a numeral '3' on the right side of the numeral. BP has the numeral '3' correct, further confirmation that the post above is not showing a BP.

Gen dial:

15294284264514.jpg

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
I think the print has been changed a few times, I've seen gens for sale with all sorts of print styles. It's the same story with submariners or the old GMTs. Once in a while, Rolex appear change the print style ever so slightly, whether it is by accident or deliberate, who can know? (Except for the employees there...)
My focus would not be so much on the print spacing, I would prioritise correct numerals(-shape) and indices.

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
It's good enough for me now, tight SELs, corrected text, that's all I need. JF watches are very well made, I had the OP 39mm and it was awesome.

pigger

30/4/18
Sweeden
Im getting confused now, so can you please link some TD with the version you think is best? By reading this threat i think BP? Im confused. Intime or puretime. Where to order from? It will be my first order that is why i want to be sure im ordering the right model. Thank you very much for all advice i got here guys you are great