• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sky dweller project

Timrm

24/4/18
Decided to start this project ! I love the sky dweller and finally saved enough money to buy the real deal !! Blue dial/steel. But the thing is I decided to ice it out ! A jeweler based in London will do that for me! BUT.... I would only ice it out if I can build up a pretty good clone. And with that I need some serious HELP. I found some pretty shitty sky dweller reps with plastic straps and wrong dials but what if I put a gen dial in it and somehow manage to find a steel band ? Would it fit ?? And where could I get a steel strap for it ?

Sent from the RWI App

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
Yup, and don't forget to source gen movement as well. You don't want to get the date ring on the rep function incorrectly. Especially the month indicator. Best of luck with your build.
giphy.gif

Reactions: phdsjain

Timrm

24/4/18
Yup, and don't forget to source gen movement as well. You don't want to get the date ring on the rep function incorrectly. Especially the month indicator. Best of luck with your build.
giphy.gif

Funny. I don’t care about the function as long as it looks good

Sent from the RWI App

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
Funny. I don’t care about the function as long as it looks good

Sent from the RWI App

It won't look good even with the gen dial (if you manage to find one) if it'll fit in the 21j cheapie. This cause is lost my friend. I suggest pursuing different model Rolexes or to be most impressive Royal Oak Offshore "franken". Lucky for you there's plenty fantastic models in the sales section right now.

Reactions: Need35

Watchtrader93

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/1/17
How’s it going to look “good” with the main function of the watch not there? These watches are a no go in the rep world

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
OP you are better off "icing" a different watch!

KALIBER JEWELRY

Supporting Vendor
Trusted Dealer
24/5/18
Netherlands
Alright so to kinda sum it up.

You have saved enough money to buy a gen Sky Dweller but want to ice it out and decide to put it into a DHgate cheapie case with a horrible bracelet? Mate, just buy the gen and enjoy its current beauty.

The chance of getting struck by lightning after winning the lottery is higher than finding a proper rep case that also would have the correct functions to match the gen movement. :p