• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Johnny Depp - an asset to our community and a true gentleman

trendconcept

Renowned Member
13/6/16
In the last few months, I have repeatedly used JD’s services. I entrusted him with various projects. From the mere movement service of my new Oyster Perpetual to several Franken projects. Everything was in the program.

From the very first assignment, I was amazed at how good the communication with JD was. He always answered my questions immediately and when my watches were with him, he informed me about every step and even sent me many pictures illustrating the progress. I did not and do not take that for granted. What I also appreciate about him is the fact that he has always kept every promise and every deadline.

Why does this thread sound like I'm in love with Johnny? Well. Somehow I just became a fan of his professional work. And, I'm very happy right now. Here's why:
Recently I was lucky enough to buy a TC V7X LV at a German forum. The watch was (and is) great. Of course. It's a freaking TC V7X. But the case and bracelet were scratched. The 12 o'clock marker and the pearl triangle were not in line. The TC LV bezel insert is ok, but it doesn't come close to a gen insert. So I sent the watch to JD. Because he had been able to get me a new gen LV insert.

Today I got my watch back. It looks like new. Everything is perfect and the gen insert is the icing on the cake. And you know what JD wanted for his work? Nothing! I just had to pay for the inserts and shipping. This is customer service at its finest. Thank you Johnny Depp !

Here are some pictures of my like-new gem:

gamba66

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/15
Great to know there are still reliable modders!

I have had very similiar experiences with Domi :)

But unfortunately I also got totally ****** over from Zocker.. Will consider JD for any future projects too

Reactions: Prosperity888

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
OP can I ask where you shipped from?? The reason I ask is bc I believe JD is in Italy correct? Shipping to Italy is a bit of a crap shoot no??

Sent from the RWI App

trendconcept

Renowned Member
13/6/16
But unfortunately I also got totally ****** over from Zocker.

I've seen the thread. I'm really sorry for you!

It is so important that you can trust the modder. I recently sent Johhny watches and material worth over $5,000. Despite the high value, I wasn't a bit scared. After he finished his work, he even suggested to return my watches in three separate packages to minimize the risk. He obviously cared about what happens to my watches. That, for my part, has created additional confidence.

trendconcept

Renowned Member
13/6/16
OP can I ask where you shipped from?? The reason I ask is bc I believe JD is in Italy correct? Shipping to Italy is a bit of a crap shoot no??
Sent from the RWI App

Germany. So far, it's always worked out very well. He always sends me a picture of the package before sending it. The tracking number can be seen on it. Tracking has always worked without any problems. Usually the parcels were already with me after two days.

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
Germany. So far, it's always worked out very well. He always sends me a picture of the package before sending it. The tracking number can be seen on it. Tracking has always worked without any problems. Usually the parcels were already with me after two days.

Actually I'm not talking about getting them back I'm talking about shipping to Italy!! Lots of issues w Italian mail actually getting to where it needs to be.

Sent from the RWI App

trendconcept

Renowned Member
13/6/16
Actually I'm not talking about getting them back I'm talking about shipping to Italy!! Lots of issues w Italian mail actually getting to where it needs to be.
Sent from the RWI App

Conversely, it was never a problem either. So far I've sent about seven packets to him.

Reactions: Mr Gatsby

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
JD is a gent, one of the good guys. I went over to Italy to meet him, lovely guy does great work and makes equally good cakes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Johnny Depp

silly_rabbi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/5/18
Forgive me if this question hijacks this thread, but who is the Johnny Depp in the CONUS?

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Forgive me if this question hijacks this thread, but who is the Johnny Depp in the CONUS?

This guy

4da0658f521d6bfd0f36c196c2143519.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
He rescued a gen 3135 and installed to my Hulk along with gen hands, a very honest and excellent modder that is now a good friend..

923e380eb7cab50225d640d50e5176c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Johnny Depp

silly_rabbi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/5/18

Thanks guys...
What I mean was who is the equivalent high quality, respected, renowned watchmaker/modder in CONUS as JD is in the EU?
Thanks for the comments though... they were amusing ;)

blackboxes

Advisor/Supporter
Advisor
31/5/15
I like this thread. It's positive, explains the steps that the modder has taken to ensure safety, and encourages us to do better. :) Sometimes I feel we take our modders we use too much for granted, so appreciation is needed esp when appreciation is due.

Well written OP!

trendconcept

Renowned Member
13/6/16
I like this thread. It's positive, explains the steps that the modder has taken to ensure safety, and encourages us to do better. :) Sometimes I feel we take our modders we use too much for granted, so appreciation is needed esp when appreciation is due.

Well written OP!

Thank you, sir. I appreciate that and agree with what you said.

Reactions: blackboxes

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Thanks guys...
What I mean was who is the equivalent high quality, respected, renowned watchmaker/modder in CONUS as JD is in the EU?
Thanks for the comments though... they were amusing ;)

Miskiped is the USA modder