• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What are all the flaws you have been able to spot on the ARF 43mm Sea-Dweller?

ywg

3/7/17
Looking to pick one up, and curious as to what flaws you guys have found on it.

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11

There are several great threads already started discussing the flaws of this watch and the different versions. Good luck.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
The only important question is what flaws YOU can find. Its a Chinese fake watch. Every part on it is different. Every. Single. Part.

Reactions: phdsjain

KeenEast

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/9/17

It’s an amazing watch. Probably best rep I’ve seen and people always assume gen eventhough I tell them it’s a cheap fakie.

Flaws are: Sharp bezel teeth, 2824 movement (as in, date does not jump at 12, but gradually Flips), cyclops is not 100% the same as gen, it does have a blackhole effect but it is not comparable to gen (best standard rep crystal though).

Overall, I don’t mind the bezel teeth, or the movement or the cyclops. It’s an amazing piece, my favorite watch and it runs flawlessly (very accurate, and powerreserve around 50 hours).

Swerepguy

12/2/18
This is the flaws when you compare gen vs fake, face to face. No one will notice in real life.

Bezel teeth to sharp on early models. (FIXED)
Pearl a tiny bit to big.
Rehaut ingraving is not as sharp as gen.
Bezel click is different then gen.
Bezel number color is 99% accurate not 100.
Black hole is good but not as good as gen.
Early models got wrong and to fat font.(FIXED)
New DW font is close but not 100%

This is a crazy good replica, mine is on transit!

Reactions: johnlogan

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12

What flaws did you find on it ?

Reactions: ywg

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
Plenty of threads on this. I will add to the list that SELs are hit or miss. Better than Noob, but not consistently good.

ywg

3/7/17
What flaws did you find on it ?

The movement (would be great if the factories make a SH3235), but it's a closed caseback, so that's fine. The pearl on the triangular marker on the bezel is a tad bigger than the gen. The "O" in "OFFICIALLY CERTIFIED" is a little rounder, and a tad more away from the "F" compared to the gen. And because of the movement I assume that the date doesn't switch exactly at 12. This is all I can find in the V2, V1 also had a wrong font, with the left side of the "8" in "28" being thicker, but that is now fixed to what I know. SEL looks alright. That's all from me. Haven't held it in person, but most likely will soon as I am ready to order it.