• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Servicing and waterproofing of ARF SD43 in Bangkok

Alex1976

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/2/17
Hi,

as a proud owner of a ARF SD43 I would love to get the watch serviced and waterproofed. I am living in Bangkok and wondering if anyone has a recommended watchsmith who is reliable and qualified to do that.

Thank you very much in advance for the support and feedback.

Alex

Reactions: moonisshining

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Pfft, there are 100s if not 1000s of little independent watchmakers in BKK, just pick one mate.

Reactions: johnlogan

Alex1976

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/2/17
Well, I know but I'm not sure if I should give the watch to one of the countless "Dr. Watch" booths in the car park of a shopping mall. Maybe someone has a more "reliable" address.

atallcosts

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/3/13
If you go down to Pattaya there's a watch dealer right at the end of Soi Buakhow who deals in decent quality reps and does servicing. Can't remember the shop name but it's literally at the end on the right. The end going towards Soi 6

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Alex1976

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Hi,

as a proud owner of a ARF SD43 I would love to get the watch serviced and waterproofed. I am living in Bangkok and wondering if anyone has a recommended watchsmith who is reliable and qualified to do that.

Thank you very much in advance for the support and feedback.

Alex

Sawasdee K Alex, they will grease the parts for you -but there is no guarantee. Tighten the caseback etc. Will cost B1500 reo reo job na khap! Most ARFs Coe waterproof off the assemble line.

Alex1976

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/2/17
Sawasdee K Alex, they will grease the parts for you -but there is no guarantee. Tighten the caseback etc. Will cost B1500 reo reo job na khap! Most ARFs Coe waterproof off the assemble line.

Sawasdee :), thank you very much and what would you recommend to do? Would love to wear my SD for swimming :).

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
Sawasdee :), thank you very much and what would you recommend to do? Would love to wear my SD for swimming :).

Just have it water resistance tested.... and then make the determination to have further work done on it if it fails the test.