• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How do you deal with scratches?

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I recently barely moved my watch on my desk and some pretty nasty scratches appeared on the bracelet, is there any way to get rid of them? (Also for some reasons I can’t upload pics, why? I saw some people that uploaded them)

Sent from the RWI App

ownnij

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/5/18
You can polish compound or use sandpaper for brushed.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Deal with them like a man - leave them alone and accept your watch is going to look more masculine when its gnarly and worn.
If you posted that on WUS you would be told some shit about it being the story of your life or something.

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Deal with them like a man - leave them alone and accept your watch is going to look more masculine when its gnarly and worn.
If you posted that on WUS you would be told some shit about it being the story of your life or something.
well i get it, but it's a replica, not "the story of my life", i will deal with it when my get explorer 2 gets scratched, but since the replica gets damaged so easily i was wondering about fixing that

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
but since the replica gets damaged so easily i was wondering about fixing that

Replica is not more prone to damage than gen.

What watch you got?

Polished sections have to be treated differently from brushed sections.

I wouldn’t recommend sandpaper for desk diving marks.

Usually cape cod for polished sections and scotch brite for brushed sections.

Reactions: BruceLee55

2fake4u

20/9/16
Hope you don’t apply that on brushed surfaces

yolo.

my gen SMP has an almost polished looking bracelet at this point. I kinda like it like that vs the brush finish.

PlanetZoom

I'm Pretty Popular
28/8/16
USA
Like this

URL]

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Replica is not more prone to damage than gen.

What watch you got?

Polished sections have to be treated differently from brushed sections.

I wouldn’t recommend sandpaper for desk diving marks.

Usually cape cod for polished sections and scotch brite for brushed sections.

Thank you for your answer, it is a JF Daytona A7750 SS white dial, i realized that you just need a slight touch of something hard on the watch and it leaves an unpleasant micro-scratch, and that doesn’t happen on my gens

Sent from the RWI App

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Thank you for your answer, it is a JF Daytona A7750 SS white dial, i realized that you just need a slight touch of something hard on the watch and it leaves an unpleasant micro-scratch, and that doesn’t happen on my gens

Sent from the RWI App

Daytona has polished mid-links.

You only have to breath on polished steel to scratch it. Gen is exactly the same. Even the micro dust in your pocket will mark highly polished steel.

Brushed Rolex, eg explorer, sub (gen or rep) is more resilient to scratches.