• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My story with "InTimeWatch" - Sea-Dweller DEEPSEA 116660 Black ARF 1:1 Best Edition 904L SS - SH3135

Status
Not open for further replies.

jm.mozos

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/12/13
Germany
I guarantee this genius is not winding the watch. As I understand it, all of this is because his power reserve is only 4 hours.

I have several Rolex and Omega GEN, therefore I know how these watches work !!

By the way ... it is not necessary to insult "genius"

With respect, education without disqualifications goes further! ;)

jm.mozos

26/12/13
Germany
I find this thread a bit bizarre in the way it phrases its hopes for "professionalism" towards Ryan in such a public fashion. Ryan is professional--that cannot be doubted. Also: The watch is not broken, it is just performing under specification. Asian movements have poor QC: this is part of the reason why the watch was so inexpensive. This is also the reasons many of us replace the Asian movement with a better quality movement. I have no doubt that Ryan will work with you to find a solution.

I appreciate your messages and respect (slaughterer62) !!

I don't question the professionalism of anyone, neither Ryan nor the InTimeWatch guys, I'm just telling in this forum my personal experience on my first purchase of a replica watch in InTimeWatch.

I have received my watch broken since the power reserve does not work.

Therefore, if everyone in this forum says that it is "normal" for the Buyer to receive a broken watch, and we shut up and take them to repair to Watchmaker..... jajajaja

There is something strange in this forum, that the people defend the way of working of these Stores (InTimeWatch) and the sending the watches that arrive broken and without do not take responsibility.

I only intend to advise other future Buyers of my experience.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for Ryan (InTimeWatch) to demonstrate that dazzling professionalism and give me a solution to the clock, which has arrived broken, and I can not enjoy it and I've paid almost 600 USD.

I just want to enjoy the watch I paid!

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11

By the way ... it is not necessary to insult "genius"

With respect, education without disqualifications goes further! ;)

You could have posted this crap once....not 20 times on several forums.

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
This used to be referred to the Help Desk pre-Forum Nuke. I would contact a mod and ask how to proceed before making a public parade out of it. Understand your frustration...but I cant remember a time where the public-post approach worked in a buyer's favor.

Contact a mod and consider becoming a forum supporter to get the maximum assistance you can

zachsdad82

Supporter
Certified
20/2/14
Nobody is saying that you should not be able to enjoy the watch you paid for. We are saying that in this rep game, there is always a chance, a fairly decent chance (comparatively speaking), that the watch will arrive and does not perform to your expectations.

In this instance, you have received a watch that in your opinion does not function as you would like. You have raised the issue with your TD.

However, instead of giving the TD time to investigate the issue and respond with a solution, you have chosen to raise your grievance on multiple public forums, challenging the TD to be "professional".

1) they are professional, hence their TD status.
2) you said it has been 10 days. Well, in that case only 5 or 6 (depending on time difference and time email sent) will have been working days....ie there have been 2 weekends during that period.

Sit tight and I am sure Ryan will respond. This will inevitably mean you need to send the watch back to China. Are you seriously hoping for Ryan to give another watch without returning the faulty piece? You will be in for a long weight in any case, and the shipping costs of sending to China will not be far off the cost of servicing!

As me and many others have already suggested, the path of least resistance is to get the watch serviced by a local watchsmith. Get the receipt. Send copy of receipt to Ryan. And usually he will discount that amount of future purchases

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Testone72

Renowned Member
8/3/18

I think that owning several Gen Watch mean nothing if you ignore some tricks, not all watchs are the same, you should need to wind manually it 10-15-20 times before wearing it even for a watch from "R" factory...

Have you wind it manually 10-15 times before to reclaim for a Power Reserve issue?
:)

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
Dear jm.mozos, you need to understand some thinks about the replica game (and not a market) and a large amount of people here.
First of all, YOU ARE RIGHT, you have the right on your side and the sympathy of all of us.
We are talking about your interest. Why having to wait and worry when you can use your watch smith that you need anyway?
Here is your "home", shouting around every room doesn't affect more, just make the others tired.

some thinks that we accept;
1) Communication is poor and sloow. Nobody likes it, thats the way it is.

2) We take part in the production of our watch, we like it, we study it, we replace the "company support" in its' life.
Its' a product of replication, that's the deal. Many have their watch smith check the watch before even try it.
We understand that we buy an "incomplete" structure that need our care to be "complete".

3) A watch smith it is absolutely needed if you have any kind of watch, unless it's your hobby and you going well on that.

4) Rep game it is NOT a market like ebay, ali, etsy etc. It's kind of "doing favors eachother trying to be trustworthy".. so, hi risk.
There are some protections because some of the community give their time many years now and those are their achievements.
You need to work with admins to be helped. How you can inform anyone about the problem of the watch if you don't give it for check?
If it's a 5' work, do you prefer to wait for weeks to check again if all are ok?

5) There is no after sales in rep game. If we need something like that, we buy gen, boutique, used or hommages from big ebay stores.

be cool, it happens. if you can't enjoy it, at least don't let it harm you.

tr573

Renowned Member
17/10/11
if you tell me that after making the decision to buy an *illegal counterfeit* watch *assembled in a clandestine factory by a criminal organization* of 560 usd *from some guy on the internet who sells the illegal watches* , then there is a high probability of watches arrive home with issues.

Do you mean that buying *illegal counterfeit watches assembled in clandestine factories by criminal organizations* is like playing roulette ??

The future buyers who consider doing the same as me, they will run out *and buy a seiko instead*, since *they will get a guarantee from a real company for their 560 usd*

ftfy

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
ffs, you got a watch with a gremlin in it - big deal. Get it serviced for gods sake. If you knew what you were buying you would know that all SH3135 movements need an immediate service anyway so what the fuck? You’re not putting anyone off using a TD - most of us have gone through this before without the temper tantrum.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I appreciate your messages and respect (slaughterer62) !!

I don't question the professionalism of anyone, neither Ryan nor the InTimeWatch guys, I'm just telling in this forum my personal experience on my first purchase of a replica watch in InTimeWatch.

I have received my watch broken since the power reserve does not work.

Therefore, if everyone in this forum says that it is "normal" for the Buyer to receive a broken watch, and we shut up and take them to repair to Watchmaker..... jajajaja

There is something strange in this forum, that the people defend the way of working of these Stores (InTimeWatch) and the sending the watches that arrive broken and without do not take responsibility.

I only intend to advise other future Buyers of my experience.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for Ryan (InTimeWatch) to demonstrate that dazzling professionalism and give me a solution to the clock, which has arrived broken, and I can not enjoy it and I've paid almost 600 USD.

I just want to enjoy the watch I paid!

The 'power reserve' is not some independently operating and removable part of the watch. It is not 'broken', if there is anything in fact wrong with it, it's 'weak' - a little like some peoples cognitive powers.

And yes, it's called a watch, not a clock.

I could write a reply to each one of your pompous posts, but I just can't be bothered. Basically it seems that you've decided to post threads all over the place spouting off about professionalism etc several minutes after contacting the TD about the problem.

Guess what, the TD will react very badly to this thread - the exact opposite of what you were seeking - so much for your understanding of Customer Service and Relations.

I have also noticed a distinct pattern emerging regarding threads started by hysterical egocentrics who weren't happy with the quality of their fake Chinese watch - they often end up getting banned.

NoahT

7/6/18

The only strange thing here is your behaviour. What happened to you is what 99% of this community experienced or expect. When you start this hobby you have to know the risks and your options. Your options getting less and less with every weird word you write.

We like this hobby. And the TDs support our hobby by earning money with us. They put their arses at risk. Surely for their profit. But although to our satisfaction. Looking at your quote, Sir, you have no idea about this kind of 'sports'. If you want to play it the safe way, stay with your gens and enjoy them. Being around here and buying reps requires a different attitude than yours.

Watch:

portpet0018.jpg

Clock:

002.jpg

Reactions: domiffm and Tucker

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
There is a wide gap between expectations and buying strategy here. If I speak for myself: Except for some superclone Panerais and the 4130 superclone Noob Daytona and maybe a few of the SH3135 ARFs, I hardly ever buy a replica watch for the movement: I am always buying it for the mid-case and a few other parts. This is the perspective I have adopted: I just accept that the movement installed in a rep will need to be replaced or at least serviced. Look at the ARF SD43: I bought that watch for everything but the movement because I think the entire watch is beautifully produced, except for the movement. Same with the JF V7 AP Diver.. Maybe this part-object perspective which we adopt through our collective micro-analyses is not suitable to all consumers. I am starting to think that there is a divide between people like me who will put up with the defects until they have a solution, and the guys who "wants it all" at once out of the box. But I see no reasonable chance that the guys who "want it all" will ever be satisfied, whereas with me I am happy if the mid-case is right, or some small part like a datewheel font was finally improved, etc. I could care less if the movement is not working up to snuff upon delivery. I will fix that along the way without bothering the TD at all about it. In fact, I expect the movement to be under-performing. It is a pleasant surprise when it works very well. I know I must sound crazy to the guy who expects a perfectly performing watch from the rep factories.

Reactions: KJ2020

zachsdad82

Supporter
Certified
20/2/14
I get the guys disappointment...but frankly, it seems like his mindset is wrong.

He is expecting that his $500 big ones would be buying him perfection and piece of mind. When in reality, he would have had to multiply his outlay by 10 to get anywhere close to what he was hoping for. There can't be too many other hobbies where paying out US$500+ for a product does not provide a modicum of piece of mind that when said product arrives, it will be top notch and in full working order ( and if its not, that the buyer can stroll back to the store to return it for exchange easily).

I wonder what ratio of people on here genuinely consider this a hobby (i.e, get a buzz from the research, the scoping, the back and forth with TDs, the banter, the purchase and payment process, the waiting time, the delivery, the servicing, the modding and eventually, the pleasure of the watch)? as opposed to seeing it as a commercial transaction, for an not insignificant amount of money, to get a knock off watch to make them feel cool?

interesting to see what makes people tick ;)

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
The replica clock game is tough, be careful out there people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gigi77

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/17
The replica clock game is tough, be careful out there people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This!

So true... over the weekend I will head over the Rotterdam port to get the rest of my Philadelphia City Hall Clock rep and install it on my castle’s Tower.

Reactions: crank6868 and NoahT

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Please say InTimeWatch one more time....

can someone please quote or mention me on this thread. I’ll get back to it later.

JOP

Renowned Member
30/1/17
This!

So true... over the weekend I will head over the Rotterdam port to get the rest of my Philadelphia City Hall Clock rep and install it on my castle’s Tower.

Your Bishop won't be very pleased with that...

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
There is a wide gap between expectations and buying strategy here. If I speak for myself: Except for some superclone Panerais and the 4130 superclone Noob Daytona and maybe a few of the SH3135 ARFs, I hardly ever buy a replica watch for the movement: I am always buying it for the mid-case and a few other parts. This is the perspective I have adopted: I just accept that the movement installed in a rep will need to be replaced or at least serviced. Look at the ARF SD43: I bought that watch for everything but the movement because I think the entire watch is beautifully produced, except for the movement. Same with the JF V7 AP Diver.. Maybe this part-object perspective which we adopt through our collective micro-analyses is not suitable to all consumers. I am starting to think that there is a divide between people like me who will put up with the defects until they have a solution, and the guys who "wants it all" at once out of the box. But I see no reasonable chance that the guys who "want it all" will ever be satisfied, whereas with me I am happy if the mid-case is right, or some small part like a datewheel font was finally improved, etc. I could care less if the movement is not working up to snuff upon delivery. I will fix that along the way without bothering the TD at all about it. In fact, I expect the movement to be under-performing. It is a pleasant surprise when it works very well. I know I must sound crazy to the guy who expects a perfectly performing watch from the rep factories.

Well said brother, the sooner we accept that servicing or replacing the movement is going to be necessary at some point, the happier we will be with what we get. Just build it in to the cost of the rep and once it's done, THEN maybe you have a super rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.