• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which is the best Explorer 1 replica?

Rolex Luthor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/6/18
Is there one that stands above the rest for the Explorer 214270?

71bucks

18/5/10
Wish JF would do these with a A28xx, I like having the ability to replace these movements.

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
I would have bought it if not for the "E XPLOR E R" flaw... quite obvious IMO.

fabbe79

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
That was only on early batches , the flaw with the dial print has been rectified and is now correct .
Are you sure? As far as I know it is still there, my explorer is quite new and has the flaw

jamingui

Known Member
24/8/16
The numbers on the JF V2 dial are also wrong, they are way too thin (just compare with the pictures you may find on the Rolex website and on internet). The BP has spot on numbers on the dial, but the JF is better done.

ottomatic

Renowned Member
Supporter
12/2/12
Wish JF would do these with a A28xx, I like having the ability to replace these movements.

+1 I think the JF Explorer is fantastic and would love to have one. The movement is the only thing stopping me from buying. The Asian ETA clones are easy to get repaired, parts are no problem, and you can always swap in a gen movement if you wish.

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
The numbers on the JF V2 dial are also wrong, they are way too thin (just compare with the pictures you may find on the Rolex website and on internet). The BP has spot on numbers on the dial, but the JF is better done.

Is the BP really that bad compared to JF?

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17

I don't agree chap . I have compared my JF v2 to the real thing in hand , and they look they same .Again this was an early batch problem ?

The OP asked which is the best version of the EXPLORER 1 , and the answer is the JF v2 all day everyday , and twice on Sundays .

Last edited:

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
In short no , i can't be arsed .

Sorry not being funny , just i am a luddite and all you would get are blurred camera pics , if i can workout how to post them . I did look to see if i can find my QC pics which shows there is no E XPLOR E R fault in the script , or amazingly obvious thin numbers , but i have deleted them . I have compared my V2 side by side with the real thing , and both look right to me .

Exklusive

I'm Pretty Popular
28/6/15
Not gonna bite this unless I get a chance to see a real pic of the updated JF. So far all those I’ve seen has the E XPLOR E R issue. Maybe you’re lucky.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Not gonna bite this unless I get a chance to see a real pic of the updated JF. So far all those I’ve seen has the E XPLOR E R issue. Maybe you’re lucky.

It amazes me this EXPLORER font issue anyway . "So far all those i have seen.." ? I suspect using pictures online ? You know 99.9% of those are hugely magnified, are/ or artificially and strongly lit Macro pictures . It is hardly noticable (if at all) in real life to the naked eye . Most of the people on here are pedants and have some strange form of OCD . To me the watch deserves super rep status OOTB .It makes me laugh when people talk about the font on this watch , but are quite happy to buy Submariners with tells you can see from a different postcode . Such as shitty coloured bezels , they then buy a $5 paint pen from Ebay to colour in the bezel markings , and think they are great .

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17

Also regarding the font ! When i purchased the watch i asked the TD i use does it still have the font E XPLOR ER problem , he said no the watch i will send will have the correct font . When he sent me the QC pictures he went to great pains to show me this . If you put into Google JF V2 Explorer 1 font , you will get lots of results discussing the mistake , including cached threads and reviews from this site . However you will also get results with people who got the watch with the correct font , also QC pics on various imaging sites where the rep shows the correct font . I am looking at one on IMGUR now, and the consensus is the font is correct .

I was happy with my QC pics and the watch i got . If there is a floating E as in E XPLORER it is escaping my naked eyes .

Last edited:

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
so luckily they changed the font? that's awesome!

NO i didn't say they changed the font for me !! This is how people post the font problem E XPLOR E R ! I have checked and double checked the font on my watch XPLORER is definitely correct (to my eyes) .If there is a floating E as in E XPLORER it again isn't noticeable to MY eyes . I was also happy with my QC pics . I have already said , many of people who reject the watch because " they couldn't cope with the font " are quite happy to buy Submariners and colour the bezels in with pens .LOL