• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen hulk vs noob v9 vs arf

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
I loved the vrf, it was brilliant but the following was superior on the arf

Insert numbers
Pearl
SEL
Crystal

Although be warned DW on the arf is shit house compared to vrf.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

sadistface

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/11/16
This might help you a little. if you're able to find the same video again.

This seller is comparing at video 6:30s. left Gen Vs middle Noob V8 2836 Vs right ARF ..

"Colours"
At video 8:04s, left is Gen Vs right is noob V8 2836

At video 9:07s, left is Gen Vs right is Arf.

"Datewheel & cyclops"
At video 10:03s left is Gen Vs middle noob V8 2836 Vs right ARF

ARF on the right, the cyclops seems to be a little too big of a magnifying the date. As compared to Noob & Gen.

At video 10:23s, comparing the cyclops with left Gen right noob again. It seems fine & accurate.

At video 10:40s, comparing the cyclops with left Gen right ARF again. The date cyclops seems bigger.

"Thickness of the case"
At video 11:20s measuring Gen, comparing the thickness,

At video 11:35s measuring ARF,
At video 11:45s measuring Noob V8 2836

Gen & ARF have the same thickness, however Noob was 0.6mm thicker.

Bezel Width wise all both 3 are same measurements at 40.3mm.

At video: 18:10s, Gen left Vs Middle Noob V8 2836 Vs right ARF, he is comparing that ARF has a fat fat minutes hands as compared to both Gen and Noob.

At video: 20:56s-21:00s, ARF has a big gap on the crown which does not happen as compared to Gen and Noob. that big gap still occurs after tightening it.

Conclusion:
ARF has fat bezel numbers, fat minutes hands and big magnifying cyclops with that date fonts and big gap after tightening the crown.

For colours wise at video 19:21s, Left Gen Vs middle Noob Vs right ARF, seller is saying that as everyone has different colours vision, this still depending on oneself to see and compare which is more nearer or closer to the Gen colour. As some might say ARF is closer some will say Noob is closer. But both Noob and ARF have different radiant compared to Gen.

for me personally i went with the noob V9, as lots of videos green colour on the inserts are a little brighter on the V9 as compare to V7 & V8. i had watched that video that was posted, and to my eyes Noob inserts are closer to Gens as they compared side to side.

Reactions: dc2_bb6_cu2

sadistface

Banned
19/11/16
Here
1mJKg8F.jpg

nftWuSP.jpg

t97Zo69.jpg

xOFl2GJ.jpg

PVmJy4Q.jpg

zpblXcM.jpg

ZFPlPby.jpg

F8OKlsC.jpg

kQ3cVkE.jpg

https://m.youku.com/video/id_XMzYyNz...eF2a&ishttps=1

vid link

smoke the center piece is a V8 2836! Not V9! There's an upgrade to V9 3135 ! Compare to V8

Sent from the RWI App

sadistface

Banned
19/11/16
smoke, now Arf VS V9 3135, it looks like ARF is short and fat and it looks bulkier when compare side to side with V9.. and Arf looks alot darker now......

sadistface

Banned
19/11/16
smoke here's my thoughts, im not sure if my eyes are playing tricks or not. but i can see that the ARF case is different.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
The lugs are not nice on the arf.the arf case is garbage sorry guys but .ive said it so many times .I just hate the arf case as it's not like gen if ghey fix the cg and lugs i would love it.the v9 sa3135 case is king of modern sub c reps along with the v6s

I do however really like the rest of the arf watch.just hate the mid case lol

Last edited:

SUBKILLER

Renowned Member
30/7/16
Been away a little..now im caught up with the hulk upgrade since noob v7. I love this forum.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

sadistface

Banned
19/11/16
The lugs are not nice on the arf.the arf case is garbage sorry guys but .ive said it so many times .I just hate the arf case as it's not like gen if ghey fix the cg and lugs i would love it.the v9 sa3135 case is king of modern sub c reps along with the v6s

I do however really like the rest of the arf watch.just hate the mid case lol

Yeah..

ARF itself have too many flaws as compared to Gen from what I had see.. now the list just goes on..

1. Fat minute hands compared to Gen & Noob
2. Fat numbers on bezel inserts compared to Gen & Noob
3. Fat short lugs (look roundish) compared to Gen & Noob
4. 3x magnifying cyclops (fat dates)
5. Werid datewheel fonts
6. Huge gaps at crown guard after tightening
7. Insert and dial green looks darker overall compare to Noob V9 side by side.
8. Werid looking Rolex dial crown openings, (the hole on the Rolex crown on the dial)
9. Thin small engraving on rehaut compared to Gen & Noob

How could Arf be the best out of the box ? Like everyone else is saying. Lol Arf hulks just looks like it's on steriods!

Everything seems Fat, Short and Roundish.

Sent from the RWI App

Last edited:

thestallion

Known Member
10/10/18
London, UK / Rome, Italy
Yeah..

ARF itself have too many flaws as compared to Gen from what I had see.. now the list just goes on..

5. Werid datewheel fonts
8. Werid looking Rolex dial crown openings, (the hole on the Rolex crown on the dial)

How could Arf be the best out of the box ? Like everyone else is saying. Lol Arf hulks just looks like it's on steriods!

Sent from the RWI App

Interesting I'm following as I'll probably end up purchasing one of the two. I was looking for pics in general and found this QC pic on r/RepTime https://i.imgur.com/KflCFqzl.jpg
To me the date magnification looks great on this ARF!

71bucks

18/5/10
I ordered an ARF hulk bezel insert from pure time and what I got was darker then the insert on my V9 Hulk. I figured they were passing something junk off on me as an ARF insert, but then an ARF just came up in the classifieds on another site and the insert was dark as hell (which I suspect is why the seller sold it three days after receiving it) so now I'm thinking that's just how the current ARF insert is (dark). I could swear a while back there were some pictures of ARFs that looked closer to gen than the V9 Hulk, so I'm thinking something has changed.

thestallion

Known Member
10/10/18
London, UK / Rome, Italy
I ordered an ARF hulk bezel insert from pure time and what I got was darker then the insert on my V9 Hulk. I figured they were passing something junk off on me as an ARF insert, but then an ARF just came up in the classifieds on another site and the insert was dark as hell (which I suspect is why the seller sold it three days after receiving it) so now I'm thinking that's just how the current ARF insert is (dark). I could swear a while back there were some pictures of ARFs that looked closer to gen than the V9 Hulk, so I'm thinking something has changed.

I don't own any but have you considered getting a VRF bezel insert?

Gb71

Known Member
18/9/18
ok friends .. so who wins? noob v9 or ARF ???

:))))))

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

Reactions: leo6929

Dom_Talbot

Looking Around
15/8/15
Yeah..

5. Werid datewheel fonts

Sent from the RWI App[/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

raggedalex

Horology Curious
9/10/18
i’m about to buy an ARF one, i think the sunburst is the best looking even if of course different from the gen. Should i consider more the v9? I’m not planning to mod btw

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando RWI

jonnydrama32

Horology Curious
22/10/18
I recently got my Hulk noob v8, and everyone on this board says that the bezel color is the obvious tell that it's a replica. The original video that smoke posted showed arf vs gen vs v9. I'm obviously not an expert, but when I look at that video, all three of those watches look nearly identical, including the bezel color. If you watch any videos with the gen Hulks on YouTube, it's clear that the bezel color changes with the lighting. I just don't see how anyone would be able to call you out on a rep unless they're staring side by side at a gen. And even then, it'd have to be in the exact same light. Don't know if the noob v9 corrected the bezel vs what I received with the v8, but based on the video, any of these watches would fool the average person. And isn't that what we're all after. If we weren't looking to fool people, then we'd just get a gen (if we could afford it). So I say this, if the average person wouldn't know the difference between your noob, arf and gen, then there's really no reason to spend all this money making expensive upgrades. No matter what you do, the average person won't know the difference between your rep and a gen. And no matter how many mods you make to your rep, it'll never be a gen. Why make a $2500 Franken when a $400 version will fake out 99.9999999% of people you interact with. I'd bet if you wore any of the three watches, you'd never get questioned on it... Ever. People would think you have a real rolex. Just one man's opinion. Here's my Noob v8...

Reactions: brawndo