• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen hulk vs noob v9 vs arf

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Hopefully he sells the modded insert; my V9 Hulk from Intime arrived yesterday and in indoor lighting I feel like the bezel is a life-less, army green and the bezel markers are basically white.

I've not seen a genuine Hulk in person...could be that this is real close and I am just not impressed with the Hulk in general.

3tQUQLI.jpg

If thats a V9 Hulk then no one is impressed. Sorry - no offence meant dude, but thats a big dissapointment.

This is a V7:
MXWpaGh.jpg

Last edited:

71bucks

18/5/10
Here’s another photo in overcast daylight - this is a mysterious watch by its nature in that it looks different teverytime I look down at it (and I’m not doing a good job capturing the spectrum in pictures).

OK7NqFn.jpg

Reactions: Gb71 and electric

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
5mm is what a meant, not half a millimeter. But yes, it's extremely noticeable. Always thought that my Noob V7 looks somewhat weird on my wrist.

5mm matters to me too! The bezel gasket is a fixable issue. I guess that case back is too now. So much to look for in qc :(

71bucks

18/5/10
Did they just paint the bezelnumbers white? Lol

On my "V9" (which I'm not even sure if that's what this is, though it came as a V9 from Ryan yesterday), it's actually quite grey in most lights.

I'm looking at this watch, like, every 30 seconds and it looks different every time I look at it. I don't think I've done right by posting these pictures: I'll be looking at it and then I'll snap a picture (with my phone) and I look at the picture and back down at the watch and the picture looks like it's a picture of a different watch (usually substantially darker in the photos, which sometimes looks better than real life and sometimes looks worse).

Reactions: Tigerdragon

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
On my "V9" (which I'm not even sure if that's what this is, though it came as a V9 from Ryan yesterday), it's actually quite grey in most lights.

I'm looking at this watch, like, every 30 seconds and it looks different every time I look at it. I don't think I've done right by posting these pictures: I'll be looking at it and then I'll snap a picture (with my phone) and I look at the picture and back down at the watch and the picture looks like it's a picture of a different watch (usually substantially darker in the photos, which sometimes looks better than real life and sometimes looks worse).

You need to chill mate and enjoy your new timepiece. You post pics and ask for feedback on here your gonna get nailed. Its the nature of the forum. Its a rep buddy at the end of the day. I don’t think it looks that bad at all. Enjoy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

71bucks

18/5/10
You need to chill mate and enjoy your new timepiece. You post pics and ask for feedback on here your gonna get nailed. Its the nature of the forum. Its a rep buddy at the end of the day. I don’t think it looks that bad at all. Enjoy it

What would make you think that I am anything but "chill"? No comments about this watch affect me personally at all; however, if everyone is like me and looking at pictures trying to find 'the right one' to buy right now, I'm pointing out that I don't really think my two pictures is helpful because I don't think they're really representative of what I'm seeing with my eyes and I've done a poor job of capturing all of the different 'looks' this watch is giving me.

Reactions: Tigerdragon

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
What would make you think that I am anything but "chill"? No comments about this watch affect me personally at all; however, if everyone is like me and looking at pictures trying to find 'the right one' to buy right now, I'm pointing out that I don't really think my two pictures is helpful because I don't think they're really representative of what I'm seeing with my eyes and I've done a poor job of capturing all of the different 'looks' this watch is giving me.

You missed my point, i aint having a pop mate. Just commenting you may be overthinking based on feedback and pics, i tried the same thing and the pictures dont do the watch as much just as it should. Its difficult. I also don’t think it looks bad at all.

What you are doing in terms of helping people I’m
Backing, the v8/v9 dilemma is a joke.

Personally if i was struggling to get a v9 at this point i would honestly go for an ARF. At least you know what you are buying.

71bucks

18/5/10
Definitely agree, after having the 'V9' in my hands, that I should have gotten the ARF.

But there are things with my ARF Sea Dweller 43 that I don't like in comparison so I don't even know if that'd be a decision I'd be happy with: the glide lock works much better on this V9 (constantly loses position on my SD43 when taking it on and putting it on), the bezel clicks way nicer on this V9, the bracelet polish on this V9 has more of a 'white' look than my SD43. To the contrary, on this V9 the pearl is slightly biased to the left, the SELS aren't recessed on top, and the edges on the bracelet are more sharp and it's less comfortable on my wrist.

I still think Noob did a great job with this V9, even for the higher price, and I'm sure ARF did as well (though maybe a touch better).

Reactions: dom1986

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17

You're right. It's why the comparison pics on P1 are rather pointless.

The green is out of the gamut of the camera sensor, and will flatten out on a picture.
Try and take a picture of a bright blue, purple or orange and the same thing will happen.

I liked my Hulk until I saw a real one. It's ok on a sunny day, but the gen is something special.

SmartyPants

18/5/17
You're right. It's why the comparison pics on P1 are rather pointless.

The green is out of the gamut of the camera sensor, and will flatten out on a picture.
Try and take a picture of a bright blue, purple or orange and the same thing will happen.

I liked my Hulk until I saw a real one. It's ok on a sunny day, but the gen is something special.

Word. Once you see a gen Hulk it's pretty much over. The green on the bezel doesn't come close. A pity that Noob can't seem to fix that.

Gabri 23

Horology Curious
8/6/18
Am I the only one that saw that tha "m" for 300m is much closer to the 300 on the v9 than either on the gen or the arf?

NoahT

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/6/18
Last edited: