• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen hulk vs noob v9 vs arf

charlieuk!

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/3/18
Dude.. you should've just resisted.

Absolutely. But you're wrong. I hope you read what's written under this.

Not sure why you’re being so rude and personal, but I’m definitely not high. Just because you don’t agree with me doesn’t entitle you to behave in such an ignorant way. Here’s the thing:

The difference in thickness is 0.7mm (and no, not 0.5) to be precise. It’s 13.2mm against 12.5mm. Percentage wise that leaves us at a 5.3% difference in thickness.

The 44mm against the 42mm watch dispute is a good example. I’m sure pretty much everyone here would agree that you can’t really compare a 44 with a 42mm watch when we’re talking about wrist presence. Sure, it’s a mere 2mm. But to the naked eye it’s obvious that one watch is bigger than the other. Now if we want to put a number on that then we’d end up with a difference of 4.5% in diameter.

I hope you see where this is going. The difference is thickness is even more then the one in diameter between a 44 and a 42mm. From my personal experience (and tastes differ, as we all know) the Noob V7 that I own feels really chunky on the wrist. Compared to my GMT Master 2 116710LN from Noob, it even looks (!) like it’s protruding.

I’m not a picky guy when it comes to reps. At the end of the days they’re reps although pretty darn impressive at times. I couldn’t care less about SEL or other minor flaws. Everyone is different and some people can’t look past certain things. But what I can’t stop noticing is the difference in thickness. And now with the video smoke posted it’s pretty obvious that although gen Subs are a tad thicker than gen GMT Master IIs Noob isn’t really helping with making the watch 0.7mm or 5.3% thicker than the gen and ARF replicas of this particular model.

If you don’t care, fine for you. But that doesn’t make the issue disappear.

What I learned from this video is that the color on the bezel insert is way off. On both versions. As someone already said: the gen seems to have a much more apple like color. Which is absolutely true and a great comparison. The gen seems to have a much more vibrant green while the reps have these lifeless pine green inserts. Now granted, we shouldn’t expect perfection. But I remember once when I compared my V7 against a friend’s gen Hulk I was a bit ashamed. Because the first thing you notice is that bezel and how off the color is. Literally. Forget about the rest. The bezel color is the first thing that jumps into your eye. And for me personally the biggest flaw with the watch. Once you’ve seen it next to a gen there’s no coming back.

Add the terrible waiting times and the uncertainty if you really going to get the correct version, I’m not sure about this purchase.

Sure, I’d love to have a new toy. But would it really be worth it if I already have the Noob V7 version of it? Considering the bezel insert is still pretty off. Not sure.

There’s also not many things we can do. Even if we all went on a strike Noob wouldn’t care since they sell watches by the boatloads with or without us.

Wow, some of you guys are really concerned with size more than others.:eek:fftopic:, sorry!:p

-prick

15/1/17
hahaha this thread is funny

anyway b2t:
in the end it comes down to the insert colour and dial colour
thats the most important thing on the hulk imho

and it seems the noob v9 looks a tad closer to gen

Reactions: PamDomi

PamDomi

Renowned Member
15/12/16
hahaha this thread is funny

anyway b2t:
in the end it comes down to the insert colour and dial colour
thats the most important thing on the hulk imho

and it seems the noob v9 looks a tad closer to gen

100% agree !

d3s19n

Renowned Member
12/6/18
Noob is thicker because they use the wrong gasket height/crystal sits higher... fix it and you get a closer thickness..
I think some versions of noob still have the caseback that juts out from the mid case creating a lip so it sits higher on the wrist

Correct me if I’m wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: electric

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I would go noob v9 sa3135 gen date disc gen xtal smoke spatter mod and gen hands

or go full franken

noob v9 sa3135 - $500
gen date disc - $100
gen xtal - $250
smoke spatter mod - $80?
gen hands - $250?
Total: $1,180.

WHEW.

The only thing you're buying a v9 for is

- case
- bracelet
- dial
- bezel + insert
- Movement and crown/tube

Reactions: vcappp

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
noob v9 sa3135 - $500
gen date disc - $100
gen xtal - $250
smoke spatter mod - $80?
gen hands - $250?
Total: $1,180.

WHEW.

The only thing you're buying a v9 for is

- case
- bracelet
- dial
- bezel + insert
- Movement and crown/tube

When I said what i would do I was talking about what you could do not me

if it was a watch for me I would build a Franken. Everything gen expect case and bracelet

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
When I said what i would do I was talking about what you could do not me

if it was a watch for me I would build a Franken. Everything gen expect case and bracelet

Definitely understood. I was taking it as a sample 'budget' build.

If you're only buying a case, bracelet and movement, couldn't you get most of the current cheaper cases on the market?

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Definitely understood. I was taking it as a sample 'budget' build.

If you're only buying a case, bracelet and movement, couldn't you get most of the current cheaper cases on the market?

The only good cases are the v6s sa3135 the noob v9 sa3135 and the rare 3rd batch v7 sa3135

Koric

Known Member
4/6/18
Are you going to sell the already modded insert or would we have to send ours to you? Same question for the clasp. Thanks!

71bucks

18/5/10
Hopefully he sells the modded insert; my V9 Hulk from Intime arrived yesterday and in indoor lighting I feel like the bezel is a life-less, army green and the bezel markers are basically white.

I've not seen a genuine Hulk in person...could be that this is real close and I am just not impressed with the Hulk in general.

3tQUQLI.jpg

Reactions: electric

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Are you going to sell the already modded insert or would we have to send ours to you? Same question for the clasp. Thanks!

I will sell the allready modded arf/noob inserts .I'm trying to get a supplier.thats the hardest part.and I'll be selling to inserts noob /are
the noob v7 or any clasp you have that's polished you can send to me to be sand blasted. These things take time so please no pms about this stuff yet.you guys will know soon enough when these 3 mods are avalible