• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

1990's $50 mexico yachtmaster ( don't laugh to hard)

Quilshan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/18
So I came across an old box with a watch I bought after collage mid 90's on a trip to Mazatlan Mexico from a beach vendor. As I remember they had some very bad even from the time bad replicas loud quartz moments your typical $10 beach watch. So the one I bought was a hack-able auto movement (still works to this day 20 years old) Remember haggling him down to $50. I saw that the 6 and 9 had come off, for some strange reason could only find the marker from the 6 on the dial? Anyway, finding it again brought back some great memories from Mexico. I will probably never wear this again, but will show it for some good laughs and just how far replicas have come over the years. hope you enjoy the pics, hope I posted in the right spot and hope they make you laugh a little too.

Last edited:

Rush

I'm Pretty Popular
29/5/16
CONUS
I love the clear case back!
Reminded me of one that I purchased in the 90's. The seller insisted that genuine Rolex watches had a clear case back!:p

Reactions: johnlogan

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I've seen, and owned, worse. Hold on to it. That's a classic that you never want to lose.

Reactions: Tobliteration

Quilshan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/5/18
yep, he swore up and down that Rolex made a clear back.

nalomb

Be Excellent
6/8/12
That's awesome -- I've had a few of those clear-backed Rollies as well. Great conversation pieces to have in the watchbox for sure!

lolocedron

Known Member
6/9/16
Don't laugh, past century I got some reps worse than this...

Enviado desde mi MotoG3 mediante Tapatalk

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
I've seen much worse! Back in those days, that must have been a super rep!

I remember having a pretty decent coke GMT, but I ripped it apart to see how it ticks.

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Someone jizzed on the dial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Taz71

JDnTexas

Known Member
20/11/17
“Per gen”. Lol neat to look back at how they’ve improved over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI