• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Which sub would you recommend out of these two?

drillion

Horology Curious
23/5/18
So I've decided to go with a black ceramic dated sub, and I wanted your guys opinion on which one to go with, either the Noob V9 or the ARF?

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
If you want too wear it right out of the box and use it as a beater and not get called on it, go for the ARF. While it Is an A2824 the bezel insert color is correct on the LV number engraving and the crystal hight is correct. If you NEED to modify it, yes the crystal can be changed. But If I were to waist money I would go for a date wheel overlay to make it more authentic looking. While it is good as is, the date wheel is lacking on 100% while the crystal is passable.

The BEST thing too do if you have the money is get both the noob V9 and the ARF. Flip the ARF bezel, throw in some rolex clicks and use the ARF clasp. Get a rolex date wheel and put in on the SA3135 and pop in a real CAR crystal. You will have a killer 116610 for under $1500 that will look and behave like a real 116610. If you want a beater get the ARF and leave it as is and wear it till it dies! Plain and simple. ARF is going to coming out with a 3135. I know smoke and I have been taking heavy with the owners and That might just be the one too wait for.

I have too say sorry about the LV. I have a real one. So every thing I am sent looks like shit compared too it. Dials inserts, just cant compare. They may get the color right on the ceramic but the engraving is wrong. Not one dial has the sunburst and the reflective of light too turn black as of yet. So I would hold off on the LV. Unless you get the noob 9 904 and get a real dial and real bezel and you will have a nice watch!.

WatchEnthusiast5

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/5/18
If you want too wear it right out of the box and use it as a beater and not get called on it, go for the ARF. While it Is an A2824 the bezel insert color is correct on the LV number engraving and the crystal hight is correct. If you NEED to modify it, yes the crystal can be changed. But If I were to waist money I would go for a date wheel overlay to make it more authentic looking. While it is good as is, the date wheel is lacking on 100% while the crystal is passable.

The BEST thing too do if you have the money is get both the noob V9 and the ARF. Flip the ARF bezel, throw in some rolex clicks and use the ARF clasp. Get a rolex date wheel and put in on the SA3135 and pop in a real CAR crystal. You will have a killer 116610 for under $1500 that will look and behave like a real 116610. If you want a beater get the ARF and leave it as is and wear it till it dies! Plain and simple. ARF is going to coming out with a 3135. I know smoke and I have been taking heavy with the owners and That might just be the one too wait for.

I have too say sorry about the LV. I have a real one. So every thing I am sent looks like shit compared too it. Dials inserts, just cant compare. They may get the color right on the ceramic but the engraving is wrong. Not one dial has the sunburst and the reflective of light too turn black as of yet. So I would hold off on the LV. Unless you get the noob 9 904 and get a real dial and real bezel and you will have a nice watch!.

Thanks, super helpful
Any hint on a plausible release date for the updated ARF?

Sent from the RWI App

gamba66

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/15
Does anyone know if the ARF Sub accepts a complete genuine Bezel assembly and/or the noob v9? I guess I am one of the few who prefers the ARF due to the 2824

I am still doing my research via search but it would help me alot to get an answer :)

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Yes. Both. But you need too change the crystal ring on them too real rolex and full bezel and the little plastic hydro ring. All have too be real. But then the bezel will snap on fine.

Reactions: gamba66

Hakai

11/6/18
Go with the Arf, its better out of the box, and at least consistent with their quality compared to noob

gamba66

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/15
Yes. Both. But you need too change the crystal ring on them too real rolex and full bezel and the little plastic hydro ring. All have too be real. But then the bezel will snap on fine.

Hey thank you so much for your response! It is pleasure to read your posts as I know you have done all kinds of builds with the sub already. I am moving on from the datejust/daydate to the submariner :)

The seller actually sent me a picture of the parts included, I think it is with all the necessary things. What do you say?

Full picture Link: https://i.imgur.com/L1exI1T.jpg

L1exI1T.jpg

Last edited: