• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Just received my V9 Noob 116610 from InTime (pics inside)

Watchk

Known Member
Supporter
30/12/20
Hi guys....

Just received this from InTime and I am pretty happy with it. I am not however, an expert so please feel free to pass your comments.

Also - if you guys want any other pics, drop a comment and I would be happy to take more

BWrGgvr.jpg

Vfbtoz2.jpg

lLzwjav.jpg

G7Hz3qx.jpg

dvig4NO.jpg

WqE1Yxu.jpg

Watchk

Known Member
Supporter
30/12/20
looks good mate, enjoy it. you probably shouldn't ask for experts opinion because you might end up not liking your watch.

Thanks mate, I am very happy with it. But regarding the comments, I don't mind people point out the errors or imperfections....I'll see it as a process of learning what to look out for.

hellseekerx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/18
La Jolla California
I think it looks good. I ordered one through intime as well and waiting. V9 with a 2836. what movement is yours? From the pictures I cant make up the vezel numbers. hows the color on the numbers?

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
Thanks mate, I am very happy with it. But regarding the comments, I don't mind people point out the errors or imperfections....I'll see it as a process of learning what to look out for.

the watch you have now will never be called out in real life, it is too good. However, if you are a modding kind of guy you can add a gen crystal to get that black hole effect. then finish it off with a gen datewheel. then you would be close to perfection.

Reactions: btoxxahn and occb2

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12

Hey man, I wouldn't have said anything, but if you're looking for honest feedback: The great finishing on the lugs and bezel look awesome. However there are a few abnormalities, compared to the first batch, and make me think this is a V8: First, the bracelet SEL is totally flush with the lugs, like on the V7 and V8. It's unclear if the problem is the bracelet or the case, but I'd guess the case. That's because the lug tips are also squared off the way the V7 and V8 were, and I think a little excess machining of the metal is responsible for both issues. Finally the rehaut engraving appears lighter than the surrounding rehaut rather than darker, like on the V9 we have seen so far. That said, I defer to occb2 and smoke for a true expert opinion!

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
I commented on his rep geek thread saying this can't really be feom intime ?.but I dont like to roast someone's watch they have just spend 500 pounds on.its not fair if I just brought a rep costing this much I would not want to here negative shit

Last edited:

Watchk

Known Member
Supporter
30/12/20
I think it looks good. I ordered one through intime as well and waiting. V9 with a 2836. what movement is yours? From the pictures I cant make up the vezel numbers. hows the color on the numbers?
Mine is the 3135 movement although I hear the 2836 is more reliable?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Watchk

Known Member
Supporter
30/12/20
I commented on his rep geek thread saying this can't really be feom intime ?.but I dont like to roast someone's watch they have just spend 500 pounds on.its not fair if I just brought a rep costing this much I would not want to here negative shit
I would actually rather hear your opinion. I bought it to get myself into the sub reps and to learn. I won't be offended. I bought it knowing that it wasn't going to be perfecrt

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
I would actually rather hear your opinion. I bought it to get myself into the sub reps and to learn. I won't be offended. I bought it knowing that it wasn't going to be perfecrt

Ok if you really want to hear the truth
this has the strangest looking sel I've ever seen. Not sure what looks so odd about it .maybe the sel is too long as well as flush. It looks angled and odd.the lugs are short and square and the bezel assembly is not the new 1.this is a v8 cg look great though.amd all in all its a nice watch. Just not the new case and sel watch.the 4th pic you posted the sel looks weirdlike it's super long

Reactions: johnlogan and pengo

joyjoyk

Known Member
10/3/18
As in you'd like an opinion whether its an actual v9?

Edit: Smoke beat me to it.. i was gona say its a V8:hypnotized:

Watchk

Known Member
Supporter
30/12/20
Ok if you really want to hear the truth
this has the strangest looking sel I've ever seen. Not sure what looks so odd about it .maybe the sel is too long as well as flush. It looks angled and odd.the lugs are short and square and the bezel assembly is not the new 1.this is a v8 cg look great though.amd all in all its a nice watch. Just not the new case and sel watch.the 4th pic you posted the sel looks weirdlike it's super long
OK, thanks for your comments. What's the recourse then if this is actually a V8 as I specifically ordered a V9?

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
So this makes it easier to see that it's not a v9 look at the lugs and sel.i edit the pic to turn it so it is angled like his pic

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
OK, thanks for your comments. What's the recourse then if this is actually a V8 as I specifically ordered a V9?

No recourse bro you asked me to roast it.you would have enjoyed it if you had not posted it and asked opinions on the watch.also tds say the v9 and v9 are the same. And every single td can't see any diffence. So you will have issues trying to convince your td that the watch is not correct.pluss you green lighted the qc pics.

Watchk

Known Member
Supporter
30/12/20
No recourse bro you asked me to roast it.you would have enjoyed it if you had not posted it and asked opinions on the watch.also tds say the v9 and v9 are the same. And every single td can't see any diffence. So you will have issues trying to convince your td that the watch is not correct.pluss you green lighted the qc pics.
OK, fair enough.... I can't argue with that as I did give it the green light. I'm not disappointed either way tbh... Still a nice watch but I'm glad you've been able to shed a light on some things.

Cheers

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Good attitude bro.enjoy the watch it's not bad at all .it's just not the best that Ryan was selling

Reactions: bolts40

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
kevyo89 you can also put this on a nice leather strap, or better yet a perlon, and the lug-SEL fitment won't mean a thing. The finishing on the lug tops is great--totally linnear brushing, not rounded like on most V8 and earlier. Also don't forget: Rolex themselves shave a ton of metal off when they refinish a watch at factory service. A watch that got some dings and dents on the lug tops and went in for service could easily come out looking like this. Enjoy it!

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
hey man you asked for it lol seriously though, if it bothers you then you can get a rubber strap and you are good to go for the most part.