• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Where to get replacement clasp for TC Yacht Master?

wolfwood

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/2/11
Can anyone let me know where I can source a replacement clasp for my TC Yacht Master? Or does anyone have one they can sell me? The coronet fell off. Thanks.

ImH4vpL.jpg

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Rafflestimes sells those , but they are not so pretty

BguYs06.jpg

I used a GMT Master II Clasp on mine in the end

uhMtGey.jpg

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
I don't know if they are the same but those at rafflesdials don't look that bad
37d7f16b24ff7e10b8df3914a62a65eb.jpg

sent from my Moto G5 Plus using Tapatalk

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I don't know if they are the same but those at rafflesdials don't look that bad
37d7f16b24ff7e10b8df3914a62a65eb.jpg

well that one looks alot better than the one i got from them (my top pic)

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
well that one looks alot better than the one i got from them (my top pic)

It seems the same "Ken Shua" runs both "rafflestime" and "rafflesdials" but you can get items really different depending on which site you order from.
Nevertheless, even if the clasp is not perfect, if the coronet is OK then you can upgrade with a dremel it if you're handy enough :
1 - redo a mirror polish all over the clasp - I use some dialux white then dialux blue
2 - protect the parts that should be polished (I use vinyl electrical tape because it's thick enoug to resist when redoing the brushing)
3 - redo the brushing on both sides - I use dremel polishing brushes like this one

or "art" brushes like theese

wolfwood

4/2/11
The clasp is $20 with free shipping but they charge $25 handling fee! WTF! :mad:

wolfwood

4/2/11
Humm, the site instructed me to contact them when purchasing this item. Ken then gives me this Ebay listing to purchase and all I need to pay is the $20. No $25 handling fee.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
They don't ship to Canada. :mad:
They ship to France (if often order parts from Ken's rafflesdials site ... and NO handling fees) and not to Canada ?
Did they explain why ?

BTW ... you could try to mod a brushed clasp if you can get one that fits your yachtmaster.
First you completely rebrush it with a really high grade sanbdblock ( a flexible one).
Then you polish it with dialux white and blue (you need a Dremel here) and continue the process I have detailed in my first post here.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
BTW ... did you lost the coronet or do you still have it ?
If you have it you could try silver soldering it on the clasp (search "jewelery silver soldering" on YouTube).

wolfwood

4/2/11
They said that Canada Post always losses their packages so that's why they don't send to Canada. I actually bought the watch like that so I don't have the coronet.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
They said that Canada Post always losses their packages so that's why they don't send to Canada. I actually bought the watch like that so I don't have the coronet.
Do you have a friend in US that could receive the clasp and send it to you ?
It will cost you only a few bucks more ????
I would have do that for you but I live in France.

Last edited:

RanDee

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/9/15
Germany
I have tried DHGate for a new omega clasp but there are so many offers, that you have to be careful.

manodeoro

Section Moderator
Supporter
Section Moderator
Certified
13/10/16
I have tried DHGate for a new omega clasp but there are so many offers, that you have to be careful.
Possibly AliExpress ... Some stores, when asked, can offer rep clasps and bracelets.
I'll ask a friend who has ordered a Rol bracelet if the quality is good, so so or bad.

RanDee

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/9/15
Germany
manodeoro Right, and it’s difficult on AliExpress to find the stuff. Because they don’t use the real brand name. Or maybe Alibaba is an option.