• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The A2824 in my ARF has just died :(

havequick

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/10/16
Sooo

Got my ARF sub a few weeks ago and the first 2 days the watch was keeping time within COSC, but after that has been losing 2-4 minutes a day and getting progressively worse. Today I hacked it to reset the time and it never started beating again. I've played with it quite a bit but it just won't start beating again.

I'm unsure if I was just unlucky and got a dud or if this is a wider issue but I guess this is a cautionary post. Caveat Emptor!

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
condolence :D

Ps: get i touch with a modder, fix and service it and should be good for quite some time ;)

Reactions: havequick

Jojo88

Renowned Member
19/3/15
Sooo

Got my ARF sub a few weeks ago and the first 2 days the watch was keeping time within COSC, but after that has been losing 2-4 minutes a day and getting progressively worse. Today I hacked it to reset the time and it never started beating again. I've played with it quite a bit but it just won't start beating again.

I'm unsure if I was just unlucky and got a dud or if this is a wider issue but I guess this is a cautionary post. Caveat Emptor!

it will be easy fix for watchsmith. i think u are unlucky.

i have A2824 watch still running strong after 3years

Drr80

Renowned Member
12/2/18
El paso, TX
I just took out a 2 week old arf a2824. I replaced it with a gen eta top grade. If your intrested in a whole working movement we can work something out. You just need to use your date wheel and spacer under the dial for the hands.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JB1001

Known Member
30/8/16
Western Europe
I just took out a 2 week old arf a2824. I replaced it with a gen eta top grade. If your intrested in a whole working movement we can work something out. You just need to use your date wheel and spacer under the dial for the hands.

If your a2824 is still available I would want to buy it. My 2825 in my Tudor heritage died two days ago. So let me know how we can proceed.

Sent from the RWI App

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Sooo

That sucks. Take the opportunity to buy an eta movement and have a watchsmith drop it in.

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
havequick This happened with asian movements several times.
Try this, wind it fully, almost 50 times, close the crown
then turn it face down and slap it hard a few times. It will back in life :)

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Put in a new Swiss ETA movement: it will pay off in the end. The ARF A2824s wind roughly and have bad keyless mechanisms.

havequick

9/10/16

I'd be interested to know roughly how much this set up back?

Cheers
havequick

havequick

9/10/16

What do you mean by 'slap'? I tried winding it fully and then gave it a whack a few times with a boot with a very soft rubber sole (chukka desert boot) I've tried tapping it pretty hard while face down but to no avail.

Cheers
havequick

havequick

9/10/16

Holy crap!

This just worked, my toddler has a mini plastic toy hammer, I laid the watch down and gave it a few taps directly on the caseback and it started ticking again.

Will be interesting to see what accuracy is like over the next 24 hours, obviously a little gun-shy with the movement now that this has happened.

Thanks!

Cheers
havequick

Drr80

Renowned Member
12/2/18
El paso, TX
I'd be interested to know roughly how much this set up back?

Cheers
havequick
Its about $270 usd for a top grade movement. I went all out blue screws and rhodium plating with the good finishing. I plan to keep this watch till i get a gen in a few years.

PolonusTM

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/5/10
The A2824 in my ARF has just died ????

ARF puts some decorative plates onto the movement. One of them is tiny plate and small screw on one of balance wheel arms. It is easy for this screw to drop off along with that plate and to block the movement. It happened on my ARF sub - hence slapping helped these free elements to temporarily relocate. Open the watch and first try to shake out them out.

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

havequick

9/10/16
Does anyone know any rep friendly watchmakers in Sydney, Australia?