• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 16610LN First Impressions & Pics

LifeTrekker

Known Member
20/10/15
Yes and no... yes to be not bothered too much, but “no”, I personally can’t pass over because my eyes see it everytime I check the time... :(

but your look pretty good in those photos, that’s why I asked pics. Maybe I can try to find a better one...
I'll take more pics for ya once I get it back from the spa. But that will likely be 4 to 6 weeks or so.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: ginopino

wasabe19

Horology Curious
24/1/09
Here's how mine looks like
54i2z5.jpg

2cpf521.jpg

Last edited:

LifeTrekker

Known Member
20/10/15
Yeah, I agree. The one at 5 looks fine, but the one at 7 looks a little high from that angle. Try taking a pic from the 5 o'clock side towards the 7 o'clock side. It might be easier to tell when viewed from that side.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: ginopino

2many2choose

Known Member
17/8/16
I have a LV and believe it is a V1 as I got it when it just came out. I have the same problem and also a case shape problem too
LCCVjsS.jpg
[/IMG]

domsdaddy123

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
6/8/15
I appreciate the pic of the one. Can anyone else say something positive about this piece?,

Its a great piece. Try different springbars and see how the SEL looks then....

its a great looking piece, ootb.

There is already a mountain of info on this release already here, you just gotta lool for it..

For @1k you can have a sensational super franken

gen xtal
gen hands
gen insert
gen dw
gen crown

Do a little digging and you should be able to find all that for under 1k., then you have a keeper for life!

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16

There is already a mountain of info on this release already here, you just gotta lool for it..

gen xtal
gen hands
gen insert
gen dw
gen crown

Do a little digging and you should be able to find all that for under 1k., then you have a keeper for life!

You say right, but must be with improved SELs... otherwise, FOR ME, they are a big tell... at least on my sample

Reactions: electric

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09

gen xtal
gen hands
gen insert
gen dw
gen crown

I'd say dial and hands are pretty good on the JF. Bezel insert and crystal could improve just slightly with a gen, and then datewheel would be a massive change. Although, for the sake of durability, I would rather spend on a pair of genuine reverse wheels, gen date change mechanism (parts 623 and 625) and a genuine crown as some JF crowns are not especially durable.

Get those gen parts in that movement along with a service, and a genuine datewheel, and you will have a hell of a watch that probably will last for ages. If you are going to send it to a watchsmith for that job, I would also suggest you to get a clarks bezel spring, to get that bezel action slightly closer to the genuine.

Now, a question for the experts, by the way: How do you regulate the SH3135? Mine runs around 30-50s fast per day depending on position and I'd like to take a look, but I don't know which lever does what. I assume the small one with 2 weights works on +/- seconds per day, while the big one with one on top with only 1 weight is the beat error lever, right? So on the regulating lever, moving it clockwise decreases the speed and counterclockwise increases?