• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF 16610LN First Impressions & Pics

LifeTrekker

Known Member
20/10/15
I received my new JF 16610LN a few weeks ago and thought I would share some of my first impressions.

First of all, and especially for the money, this really is a very nice watch. The dial and hands are very gen like, and the case and bracelet fit and finishing are pretty good too. If I have one gripe though, that is that the fit of one of the SELs is slightly high in relation to the top right lug (1:00 o'clock position), but as I have seen examples of gen ROLEX Submariners with similar SEL to lug fitment, I am not overly concerned about this, as it is very difficult to see on wrist.

As my watch was running a little fast, and the beat rate was off a bit, I decided to try and regulate it, which I have done with most of my other automatic watches. However, this was my first time to try and regulate one of the SH3135 clone movements, as most of my previous experience has been with regulating ETA 2824-2s and the Chinese clones such as the Seagull ST2130.

I first adjusted the beat rate lever with no problem, but when I attempted to adjust the beat error lever the balance wheel just stopped. I've never had this happen before, and can only surmise that my moving of the beat rate lever somehow knocked something out of alignment in the balance wheel. In any case, as I had planned to have the movement serviced and a gen DW installed at a later date anyway, I went ahead and contacted misiekped and made arrangements to send him my watch and have the now much needed service done. I sent the watch head off on Monday, and it arrived yesterday at Mike's place on the East coast.

I know he's busy, and that it will likely take him a few weeks to get to it, but I'm really looking forward to getting this watch back on my wrist to enjoy. With the movement service and gen DW installed, it really will be very difficult to tell from gen without a loupe or opening up the caseback.

As I said earlier, it really is a nice watch, especially for the money. And for someone who came a little too late to this party to get in on a TC 16610, the JF really is a godsend.

7370cee14e5b83ae44aa854e67d75ef9.jpg
11722a9a5b2fcf0eb68728d4b4715f44.jpg
bdaad2da52fdf0ca439d2aac26caec31.jpg
0e5484a794af7464087358be6e7eea75.jpg
1a9e61362383d32bb0497026002929c1.jpg
a4abca18836940aa16c2d97d877ad4b1.jpg
b553c222548b4e48b8e990e47df354cd.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

wasabe19

Horology Curious
24/1/09
I had my jf v2 16610 arrive from chazingtime with the exact same issue, top right SEL is just a hair raised above the lug bugged me quite a bit when i received it but i too saw a couple of gens with SELs that stick out and felt better hahha. It truly is a beautiful watch and for the money i cant think of any gen watch that offers this kind of value and finishing. Congrats to us hahaha :D

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
The JFs really are very good. If you wish to spend the same as a TC and have a few mods done, it can be much better than a TC for the same $.

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Can you please post more pics of the SEL?
would like to see how them are recessed.
on my LV they are not recessed at all.

Reactions: LifeTrekker

ross29

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
2/10/09
I'm curious about the bezel scallops. Are they all polished like gen? One of my pet peeves with reps.

Jonj480

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
3/11/14
Do you know how the bezel action compares on the JF versus the TC Extreme?

Sent from the RWI App

It is not quite as tight, there is still a little play in the bezel as it comes stock. I been putting Clark’s or gen click springs in them to improve them and modding the spring washer some to give it a little more tension. You can get them pretty good, on par or maybe a little better than TC, but it does require a little work.

electric

I'm Pretty Popular
14/11/12
I appreciate the pic of the one. Can anyone else say something positive about this piece?,

LifeTrekker

Known Member
20/10/15
Maron , that's one thing I want to compare head to head to a gen. I hear it's a little sloppy with the JF, but can be improved with the addition of a new click spring from Clark's, IIRC. As I've never handled a TC, I can't comment on that.

Although I think I may be able to get my hands on a TC for a comparison once I get my JF back from the spa treatment at misiekped's place. I'm not sure if the TC I'm thinking about is a V7 Extreme though. I'll have to check. It may be a V6.

Last edited:

LifeTrekker

Known Member
20/10/15
lpl, I see one more mod you need to make.

Get that bezel triangle back to 12o'clock where it belongs! It's making my eyes twitch where it is. ;-)

Last edited:

LifeTrekker

Known Member
20/10/15
Can you please post more pics of the SEL?
would like to see how them are recessed.
on my LV they are not recessed at all.
I can tell you they are slightly recessed against 5 and 7, and 11 o'clock lugs, and only slightly raised at the 1 o'clock lug. But more pics of the SELs will have to wait. The watch is currently awaiting a movement service and gen DW installation at misiekped's place, so I don't have it right now.

Reactions: ginopino

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
I can tell you they are slightly recessed against 5 and 7, and 11 o'clock lugs, and only slightly raised at the 1 o'clock lug. But more pics of the SELs will have to wait. The watch is currently awaiting a movement service and gen DW installation at misiekped's place, so I don't have it right now.

Thank you. I appreciate this JF, but the SEL are my greatest concern.
on my JF they are simply not recessed at all. Same height of the lugs.

Reactions: electric

LifeTrekker

Known Member
20/10/15
Thank you. I appreciate this JF, but the SEL are my greatest concern.
on my JF they are simply not recessed at all. Same height of the lugs.
So they are even with the lugs, not raised above them?

Reactions: electric

LifeTrekker

Known Member
20/10/15
In the lugs, exactly at the same height
Personally, that wouldn't bother me all that much, although it isn't exactly like most of the gens you'll see out there. In fact, I like it a little better than the slightly recessed SELs that you see on the gens. But that's just me.

Last edited:

ginopino

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/16
Personally, that wouldn't bother me all that much, although it isn't exactly like most of the gens you'll see out there. In fact, I think it would be a little harder to do consistently than the slightly recessed SELs.

Yes and no... yes to be not bothered too much, but “no”, I personally can’t pass over because my eyes see it everytime I check the time... :(

but your look pretty good in those photos, that’s why I asked pics. Maybe I can try to find a better one...

Reactions: LifeTrekker