• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Yacht-Master 37mm 268622 ARF (pics+review)

skyw

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/7/17
EU
Overall feel of this 904L rep is great. It feels gen in every aspect. The case shape is accurate, crown guards are beautifully made, lugs shape is correct too, crown is correct but unscrewing the crown is slightly rough, it doesn’t feel like gen. This is a 37mm version, case thickness is 11.5mm (which is correct), lug to lug 45mm, lug width is 17mm. It is suitable for small and medium wrists, it doesn’t wear that small as you could expect. Many say that it is a great unisex watch, but the design is not very feminine – long story short – if you are looking for a watch to gift your wife, get her a Datejust.

Bezel is very close, it should be slightly lighter but you can see that only in really specific lighting conditions, so there is not a VISUAL tell here. Bezel action is horrible on this rep (at least on my piece), it feels nothing like gen and it needs modification.

Dial color is correct, it is so close to gen, you can only tell the difference when it comes to direct comparison in specific lighting conditions. You can’t see the difference “in the wild” even when a guy with gen sits next to you in a restaurant. The structure of the rhodium dial is same as gen. Dial printings are correct, “superlative chronometer officially certified” font is correct, it appears to be slightly thicker on 37mm version in comparison with 40mm. “YACHT MASTER” font is correct too. Blue color on seconds hand and font is correct. Indices are beautifully made, nothing wrong here. Lume is alright, color of the lume is correct. Hands are fine, not like gen, but you can only tell when you preform really close observation, 3D effect on hands could be better and the cut of the hands should be more “crisp”. Rehaut is misaligned (see pics), otherwise it is pretty good.

Crystal is the best I’ve ever seen on rep. It is as close to gen as possible. The reflection of the cyclops is really almost the same as gen. Gen crystal is obviously better, but this is really incredibly close and it is not a tell until you do a direct thorough comparison! Date font is really close, some numbers are correct.

Bracelet is standard ARF quality, so it is absolutely outstanding, clasp is beautifully made, everything is correct and you can’t tell a difference here, even if you hold it. Movement is standard Asian 2824 28,800 VPH, winding feels good, nothing special here.

SUMMARY:
Obvious tells: rehaut misalignment, bezel action.
Tells: some date numbers (you need direct comparison here).
What is really good: everything else, especially the crystal and cyclops is nothing like we are used to on standard reps. Overall quality of this rep is so good and the watch feels the same as gen. For me it is absolutely NWBIG (if you are too fussy, wait for ARF solving the rehaut).

review-6a0dcd882ef1db960.jpg

review-2-orez1b187a221ef45e4c.jpg

review-3-orez466c4b089e78d7d6.jpg

review-4-orez46bdb6d8e8a42dec.jpg

Snimek-obrazovky-2018-05-10-v14.55.36d1e80c8f27771eb0.png

32202896_1689928121091788_7977878860144312320_nf9de5cdd07fc0478.jpg

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
Nice review mate! Thanks for your effort. I've ordered mine last week, awaiting QC. The reason for the Rehaut misalignment is that the engraving machine might be taken from a larger diameter dial (i.e. 40mm watch) and therefore the spacing is too wide. I'm not too fussed, I think this is a great watch and I'll enjoy wearing it

Derpboi

1/11/16
I'd really like ARF to release the 116622 Yachtmaster 40MM... Would SOOO buy It If the quality Is just as good as this piece!

abcar

8/10/15
Thanks for the review, might pull the trigger on this one..

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
thanks, great review....and I will buy a datejust for my wife

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
thanks for the review and pics, im holding out for ARF to release the 40mm version instead of getting this which is smaller. how is the wrist presence?

skyw

9/7/17
EU
thanks for the review and pics, im holding out for ARF to release the 40mm version instead of getting this which is smaller. how is the wrist presence?

It wears slightly larger than my Datejust 36. Lugs are not that short so you can pull it off on a larger wrist too. It really depends on what you are used to wear usually. The bracelet is really great and watch is heavy and balanced, so it wears really great. It looks small until you put it on a wrist, then it is fine. I have Speedy 40mm version and when I saw this watch at an AD's I told to myself "damn that's too small" but on a wrist it's just fine. I've attached some pictures for a comparison with 40mm Speedy.
19c4616f4dadadb40.jpg

2233492b99663f506.jpg

skyw

9/7/17
EU
thanks, great review....and I will buy a datejust for my wife

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Haha, she will be happy! The part with the feminine design comes from a real experience (my GF really doesn't like this as a watch for girl, she says the design is really masculine).

skyw

9/7/17
EU
Nice review mate! Thanks for your effort. I've ordered mine last week, awaiting QC. The reason for the Rehaut misalignment is that the engraving machine might be taken from a larger diameter dial (i.e. 40mm watch) and therefore the spacing is too wide. I'm not too fussed, I think this is a great watch and I'll enjoy wearing it

I've heard that it is misaligned because there is one number of a serial missing in the lower part of the dial or something like that.

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Hi everyone, is there someone who has already ordered the new ARF one with the blue dial?
Maybe they fixed the bugs for rehaut and bezel click on that? What about the gap between the lugs? Is it just me or do you see it as well?

Reactions: Watch_Addicted

Watchtrader93

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/1/17
The bezel movement feels awful on these, other then that this watch is really spot on.

superh3ro

Known Member
26/3/17
interesting, didnt realize they made a yachtmaster at 37mm. does not look small in pics at all!

now in person might be a different story..

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Received one a few weeks ago and I can confirm all of the OPs points, amazing rep! Regarding the terrible bezel action, does anyone know what could be done to make it crisper and less sandy (best description I can come up with)?

Reactions: mega12

hadamokel

11/12/17
Germany
The blue dial version has the same faulty rehaut engraving as the rhodium version. Bezel looks identical, so it will most likely have the same bezel action.
I ordered my rhodium about 2 weeks ago from Angus, haven't received QC on it though. I'm hoping, deep down, that they have made the effort to fix the rehaut, as the bezel can be modded.
but seeing the same rehaut on the blue dial version tells me they haven't fixed anything. Although, this may only be a prototype. Let's wait and see! :)

Reactions: mega12

SUBKILLER

Renowned Member
30/7/16
Great post OP! Just ordered one from sead..

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Reactions: skyw