• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Submariner ARF vs Noob V7/V9

Anthony_1990

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/17
Hello all,

I am planning on ordering my first Rolex rep, I am trying to decide between a few. I absolutely want a super rep with my main focus on the appearance of the watch.
I'm hoping to get your opinion and help.

Option #1 Submariner 116610 LN Black Ceramic ARF 1:1 Best Edition 904L SS Case and Bracelet A2824
Option #2 Submariner 116610 LN Black Ceramic Noob 1:1 Best Edition 904L SS Case and Bracelet A2836 V9 (released in 2 weeks I believe)
Option #3 Submariner 116610 LN Black Ceramic V7 1:1 Noob Best Edition SA3135

All I am looking for are common thoughts on the 3 options, any recommendations and maybe common flaws I should be aware of?
Any other tips or welcome, I've done a lot of reading and self edu in the newbie section however I am sure there still are things relevant to this particular order I should be aware of.
I am leaning towards Puretime btw.
Thank you all so much!

Eseips

5/4/16
ARF is working with smoke, the rolex-pope of this forum. they will release a close to perfect submariner very soon, waiting patiently, too. would wait for the updated version they do with smoke and then go for it.

khalil_v

4/5/18
you need to wait when it's on stock. Do you prefer the date or no date?

largemarge

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
11/4/18
ARF is working with smoke, the rolex-pope of this forum. they will release a close to perfect submariner very soon, waiting patiently, too. would wait for the updated version they do with smoke and then go for it.

you really think a nearly perfect sub is gonna drop? whats the point when the factory cant continue to "improve" and continue to make money?

Eseips

5/4/16
you really think a nearly perfect sub is gonna drop? whats the point when the factory cant continue to "improve" and continue to make money?

I don´t know why but it seems ARF is actually hopping off the "iphone-strategy" bandwagon to just throw out new versions out every month and actually get some good things done. Have a look at the Sea-dweller. It is pretty much spot on perfect and just had minor mistakes like to pointy bezel teeth which are not reallly noticeable. If smoke and angus say they both work with ARF, why should ARF give a damn and even talk to them about minor fixes? I´m optimistic about it, fingers crossed

Mr.Paneristi

12/3/18
Im still waiting on my v9 QC photos. I'm pinching my testicles with pliers for not waiting patiently for the ARF/smoke/Angus sub c 3135 project colab. I have a feeling it's going to be glorious

Reactions: Anthony_1990

LFC5x

Horology Curious
19/3/18

Looks like I may have to sell my in-order Noob v7 lol

Fr34k_W4tch

Horology Curious
1/5/18
Im still waiting on my v9 QC photos. I'm pinching my testicles with pliers for not waiting patiently for the ARF/smoke/Angus sub c 3135 project colab. I have a feeling it's going to be glorious

I was about to do the same but I got the same feeling, I wait for it.
There's only the clasp who can't be perfect right now but it's gonna be a nice looking one !

lol really?

The next ARF is dat' shit exept for the clasp.
Wait for it and pray for Smoke !

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Arf needs to fix their rehaut and they would be golden. The wokky rehaut just kills it for me. I never realized how bad it was until I got mine. I might have to machine it down and see if the dial still fits haha.

Dizzy

Mr_SD

Known Member
6/3/18
Any thoughts on this collaboration between smoke and ARF - will there be a hulk? I was going to buy the V9 Noob. But i think i will wait - any thoughts? thanks all

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Live Photos just in of the ARF team nervously waiting on Smokes assessment of the improved 1:1 gen spec case

76130ca46af2f7fb8bb4d309f352de7a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anthony_1990

13/9/17
Thank you all so much for the input, I too am going to wait for the new ARF/Smoke colab to come out. Now I just have to find my wife something nice, maybe a 36 two toned datejust.

Reactions: electric