• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What Is The Best Submariner On The Market Right Now?

Jaykay47

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/18
Between the Noob V8, V8s, and V9 and the ARF to the GMF Seems like theres fucking 50 different models of the submariner 116610LN its giving me a god damn headache.

Been getting ready to pull the trigger on an ARF but 5 different other models just surfaced in the past two weeks i have no idea which one to get.

Overall who do you guys think has the best sub?
Help out a noob pick his first submariner
Thanks!

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
Get a glass bowl and few post it notes - same color. Write the names of the model that you would buy on separate notes - as many as you want. Then triple fold the notes - same manner for all the notes. Toss them all into the glass bowl. Shake the bowl, tumble the notes inside with your hand then pick one, read the content and voilla! The winner has been revealed! If you're not satisfied with the outcome you might draw again, and again until successful pick. I hope that helps. Otherwise you may spend some time reading the forum, that helps with more say, educated choice.

giphy.gif

Jaykay47

26/3/18
Get a glass bowl and few post it notes - same color. Write the names of the model that you would buy on separate notes - as many as you want. Then triple fold the notes - same manner for all the notes. Toss them all into the glass bowl. Shake the bowl, tumble the notes inside with your hand then pick one, read the content and voilla! The winner has been revealed! If you're not satisfied with the outcome you might draw again, and again until successful pick. I hope that helps. Otherwise you may spend some time reading the forum, that helps with more say, educated choice.

giphy.gif

lol ok ok i know its annyoing question and seems lazy on my part by not reading up but i have read few threads on this and cant make out which one has the least amount of flaws. what i mean to post is: in your guys' opinion who makes the best sub?
or is there a way to make a poll?

Reactions: Domowason

CVX661

Horology Curious
10/7/17
As being a new guy to he forums, it seems like there isn’t straight consensus except for the older TCs.

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
lol ok ok i know its annyoing question and seems lazy on my part by not reading up but i have read few threads on this and cant make out which one has the least amount of flaws. what i mean to post is: in your guys' opinion who makes the best sub?
or is there a way to make a poll?

Opinions are just like assholes... You know that saying right? I might like something different than Tucker or tripdog or smoke Like poster above said there's no "The Best Sub" unless you go GEN. As far as rep world its a matter of preference.

Jaykay47

26/3/18
Opinions are just like assholes... You know that saying right? I might like something different than Tucker or tripdog or smoke Like poster above said there's no "The Best Sub" unless you go GEN. As far as rep world its a matter of preference.

I understand this. Just Posted a poll for what ppl think is the best sub and why (in their opinion). It would be interesting to see the general consensus of what flaws outweigh others and what priorities ppl have over the features of each watch. Check it out in the rolex section!

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I understand this. Just Posted a poll for what ppl think is the best sub and why (in their opinion). It would be interesting to see the general consensus of what flaws outweigh others and what priorities ppl have over the features of each watch. Check it out in the rolex section!

Hardly anyone has a v8 - 2 reasons: 1 It was just a v7 in 904l drag. 2 Noob were not making it in volume.

No one has a v9 either. Been speaking with a couple of TD's and they havent seen it yet. But the word on the ground there is like the v8 and the Daytona, they don't expect that Noob are going to be making it in high volumes to begin with.

Finally, no one has the ARF. Expect them to start arriving with members this weekend, but those members won't have a v8, v9 or whatever to compare it with.

Between ARF and Noob only one is actually shipping. The answer to your question is a balance of waiting for someone elses opinion and how quickly you want it. Why not just do some 'spot the difference' exercises between both reps and the gen on the internet and arrive at your own conclusion?

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
The best sub will be the new arf when we have finished it.ive teamed up with Angus .every flaw will be fixed as they are trying to get a flawless exact replica of a gen.but they did not realise the mistakes they made.now they know what to fix .I've given clear diagrams .And written tons of text shown clear pics .there is no excuse to fuck this up now.like I said he called an emergency meeting woth the arf team to start on the new mid case before releasing the current version in sh3135.
so my version should be perfect and flawless if they do as I say and pull it off correctly.fingers crossed

Marius13

23/9/14
Albania
The best sub will be the new arf when we have finished it.ive teamed up with Angus .every flaw will be fixed as they are trying to get a flawless exact replica of a gen.but they did not realise the mistakes they made.now they know what to fix .I've given clear diagrams .And written tons of text shown clear pics .there is no excuse to fuck this up now.like I said he called an emergency meeting woth the arf team to start on the new mid case before releasing the current version in sh3135.
so my version should be perfect and flawless if they do as I say and pull it off correctly.fingers crossed
That is great news smoke, at last they decided to take some input from members with a lot of knowledge, like yourself.
Let's hope well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
No braging but I pretty much made the v6s with Angus and noob and looks how good that was .it's still the best rep I've ever seen.so this should be perfect if Angus is clear with the arf team my instructions and don't get it wrong or misinterpreted in some way.its difficult I need to fly to China lol

hab3z

Known Member
1/1/16
No braging but I pretty much made the v6s with Angus and noob and looks how good that was .it's still the best rep I've ever seen.so this should be perfect if Angus is clear with the arf team my instructions and don't get it wrong or misinterpreted in some way.its difficult I need to fly to China lol

I hope to god they get it right, mr smoke. Will be all in with the purchase when it comes out. Do update us if Angus lets you know when this SMOKE + ARF edition drops. Damn so many people will be on it. Lol thank you again for all that you've contributed to this community. Cheers!

Unorthodox

Horology Curious
7/8/17

do you have an ETA for this ? :)

Maahes

Known Member
3/4/15
smoke This is some of the best news I've seen on here in a long time. If you and ARF have teamed up, then the Rolex corner of the rep world is sewn up. You, sir, are a goddamn treasure. Thank you. Do you know if they'll transfer this new knowledge to the ARF SD43 and other models?

Reactions: maxracingshox

darvistor

Horology Curious
17/4/18
Wow I was only half joking in the shoutbox when I said v9+smoke upgrade, then i stumbled on this thread. Great news indeed!

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
You should learn how to speak Cantonese lol

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
Oh my god, I can't wait for the day this watch will be released. I have so much faith in this one!

Reactions: johngfahy