• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v9 just appeared

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
I just watched a bunch of gen hulk videos and ebay pics, totally see what u guys are getting at. But like I said, in my world I'll never be called out, well highly unlikely. Everyone I know LOVES it lol. They think I'm crazy for getting a "Rolex".

Some more pics for the NF V9 thread. Flash makes the bezel insert better, but I'm not picky enough to let any of these things turn me off ( yet, gimme a year I'll be Franken things and nitpicking it all). I'm a TRUE hobbyists, and I found my new hobby! :D I'm just excited is all...i have THIS for $500. Amazing to me.

​​​​​​IMHO, the fit and finish, the weight and feel, this watch was 500 bucks not 11 grand. I'm happier than a pig in shit! :D

I appreciate you guys keeping it real, I'm learning freaking LOADS by the day here because of the attention to detail paid by you fine folks!

Thanks guys!

-Jason-

71bucks

18/5/10
100% agree... gen Hulk is a totaly different beast. If you compare the V9 with gen the V9 have many flaws. Insert color and engraving , xtal, mide case thickness, lugs, caseback thickness, clasp, SEL ´s, dial color, hour markers......
And yes... I can spot every fake Hulk if it is not modded.

Left is gen ....

And in your opinion the ARF Hulk is much better, or it has it's own set of issues that make it just as bad (in different ways)?

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
I know lol just thought it was funny to point out. Problem is the hulk bezel color looks right, but only w the flash on, and the numbers look white, but all the time. :D

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
I'll defend it till I get a second rep! Lol just playing. Totally get the difference after watching those HD videos and comparing w many pics of gens on YouTube, and your all spot on.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
You will never get a decent 1:1 rep the Insert will never look the same thats why the black insert version everyone is buying.

Reactions: efthimis

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
LV bezel insert cannot be copied, I have an older Hulk version that I am happy with it, I am not crazy to pay 2000euro for a Hulk insert (well some days I can do this even) which is almost impossible to source

PamDomi

Renowned Member
15/12/16
And in your opinion the ARF Hulk is much better, or it has it's own set of issues that make it just as bad (in different ways)?

I don‘t no. I don‘t compare the gen with ARF Hulk. Only my gen Hulk with V9 but I think it is better you compare it in real life not with video or photos.

Last edited:

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Guys. Bottom line on the LV is that the bezel insert is NOT perfect on any of the major factories attempts. It is a nice watch, and you should not feel that you will be called out. If you want to pursue the best rep without buying a gen insert.... the VRF MAX has the best color LV bezel insert (not that it's 1:1, just the best of the 3)

If you want a really great LV get a V9 and buy a VRF MAX bezel insert to install (from any TD). Or just buy a VRF MAX and enjoy it as is. Do not sweat it, it is what it is in this business. Being 90% there will not be the end of the world, it is still a fantastic quality watch at a fraction of the cost of gen.

Reactions: KJ2020

71bucks

18/5/10
Seems like the engraving on the VRF Max looks real grainy/textured and the paint looks much whiter than on the Noob, ARF, or gen: am I right about that? Seems like it kinda gets the color right but misses the markers...

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Is there a trustworthy TD I could get the VRF MAX bezel insert? If anyone knows please PM me or lmk. Thank you!!

VRF used to let TD's source just the insert - I know a few members who got one. Then I tried to get one. Ryan tried for over a month and said they are not selling just the insert anymore.

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Attempted to swap the crystal on my Noob v9 sub today, got the bezel off ok but can't get the ring that clamps down around the crystal off , have tried it with a case remover similar to removing the bezel, and tried to slip in a blade between it and the case but no dice.

is there a trick to it ?

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
9/11/17
Netherlands
Hi jdm,

Regarding the sliding a blade between it, have you tried putting the blade tip under the ridge of the retainer ring of where the bezel is hold under and then pushing it up while pressing the blade down against the case like a leverage? Do use some cloth in between to not scratch the case.

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
Attempted to swap the crystal on my Noob v9 sub today, got the bezel off ok but can't get the ring that clamps down around the crystal off , have tried it with a case remover similar to removing the bezel, and tried to slip in a blade between it and the case but no dice.

is there a trick to it ?

These are on there very tight. I had to use the press and pop the crystal out. Don’t use a blade, you’ll never get it off and you’ll just mar up the ring.
Getting it back on is another challenge. I had to make a delrin ring to push it down since the dies for my press would not push it down all the way.

A good thing about about this is that it makes the watch a lot more water proof.

Good luck.

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
9/11/17
Netherlands
JDM180 sorry I didn't read it good, I thought you already had the crystal off. You need.a crystal press to get the crystal off, after that you can take the retainer ring off if it didn't stick with the crystsl removal

jw91

27/9/17
I just watched a review in HD of the gen hulk. I cannot believe how close this thing is. Everything he talked about how the watch color plays different in different lighting, EVERYTHING seemed almost identical to the V9, the only REAL visible difference, and this is my opinion, is the clarity of the cyclob. Definitely black hole, I see what everyone means about the it.

​​​​​​I was going to mod this watch, but honestly I don't think it needs it, if a gen Crystal w cyclob wasn't twice the price of this watch, I would add it.

​​​​​Can a better crystal even be installed for any less than $300? Also would the Coronet at 6 still be present?

Thanks guys!

did you buy the V9 or ARF?