• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v9 just appeared

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
Huh. Luckily I haven’t had any issues. Fingers crossed. Every couple of days I use a toothbrush with sudsy soap and clean the crystal and insert while in the shower. So far so good, but now I’m a little worried.

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
I just watched a review in HD of the gen hulk. I cannot believe how close this thing is. Everything he talked about how the watch color plays different in different lighting, EVERYTHING seemed almost identical to the V9, the only REAL visible difference, and this is my opinion, is the clarity of the cyclob. Definitely black hole, I see what everyone means about the it.

​​​​​​I was going to mod this watch, but honestly I don't think it needs it, if a gen Crystal w cyclob wasn't twice the price of this watch, I would add it.

​​​​​Can a better crystal even be installed for any less than $300? Also would the Coronet at 6 still be present?

Thanks guys!

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Hold the gen in the sun and then the V9 hulk and the difference is night and day under electronic light they look "close" but under sunlight i can spot every fake in 5 metre radius. The Hulk is easy to spot because the color is like 10000000 different to gen.

Reactions: PamDomi

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
The reviewer also noted how the bezel insert and dial are pretty much the same color, and that's the case w the V9. The average person, and I'm sure even further than average, would be hard pressed to tell you your V9 isn't real. I REALLY wish they sandblasted the inside of that section of the bracelet/clasp though.

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
Right, I hear ya man, but in my world anyway, I don't think I'll be near anyone with a real hulk sub lol. I'm just saying, it's pretty preettty crazy is all. I'm sure this goes for the ARF as well. Such great reps. Glad I got into it when I did and with this watch.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Nahhhh ARF Hulk has one of the worst dials ive ever seen even the sunburst effect is completly wrong :D

Yes maybe you are right but i know the gen hulk and if you have it one time on your wrist you see the difference and it will never go away sadly :D

Reactions: PamDomi and dom1986

BurnsWhenIP

Horology Curious
14/7/18
FLORIDA
Can anyone help me identify this watch
IMG_23978af7d0fa3c1b0218.png

IMG_2391410432ce401a5f96.png

IMG_23382e0eb871c0076274.png

IMG_23852d2aea3930b9e95b.png

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
I'd like to see what the experts have to say, I'm too new to this to make a guess. Maybe a newer ARF based on the bezel #s color, and brushing, also looks like ARF stamping on rehault, but the cyclob looks pretty freaking good? I really don't know enough to give you the right answer.

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
Tiger, I gotta say NF seems to have nailed the dial color. I hear what your saying, I'm glad it's not likely to be in my AD because the hulk is rare, and they don't have too many sport models. I'd hate to see it in person hahaha. I'm happy w what I got! :D

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Tiger, I gotta say NF seems to have nailed the dial color. I hear what your saying, I'm glad it's not likely to be in my AD because the hulk is rare, and they don't have too many sport models. I'd hate to see it in person hahaha. I'm happy w what I got! :D
Because Rolex is mad nobody wants the gold versions anymore thats why they make this ridiclious "we cant deliever steel watches anymore you must wait" list its pure marketing bullshit.

One of the reasons why i would never buy a Gen :D i was close to buy one but that whole waiting list bullshit is ridiclious.

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
Hold the gen in the sun and then the V9 hulk and the difference is night and day under electronic light they look "close" but under sunlight i can spot every fake in 5 metre radius. The Hulk is easy to spot because the color is like 10000000 different to gen.

+1 the v9 has a good 5 or 6 things completely different to gen. and thats without taking the incorrect insert colour into account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cooldaddyfunk286

PamDomi

Renowned Member
15/12/16

100% agree... gen Hulk is a totaly different beast. If you compare the V9 with gen the V9 have many flaws. Insert color and engraving , xtal, mide case thickness, lugs, caseback thickness, clasp, SEL ´s, dial color, hour markers......
And yes... I can spot every fake Hulk if it is not modded.

Left is gen ....

33271658yp.jpg