• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v9 just appeared

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
I like the full 904l feel, but I have nothing to compare it to, except a few gen (not subs) iv tried on.

Anyone been in the swimming pool w thier V9s yet? Someone had reassured me on just how tightly the V9 is put together, maybe earlier in this thread. Going swimming at my in-laws today, would love to wear my watch in the water, but on the other hand I know I shouldn't unless I have it pressure tested and what not, but I got stuck in a downpour and it got completely hammered by rain, everything is fine, not trying to go diving just a basic swimming pool.

The problem is I have no local watchsmiths that AREN'T ADs...so I'm not sure how to go about getting it serviced. I wonder if I these AD jewelry stores would offer me service w this watch, I doubt it.

canariasproducts

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/7/18
Cooldaddyfunk286 Yes very good question , but you already know to not try it out it's better to keep it dry if you can. Don't look for water because its a v9 all reps and second hand gen you can't trust. And especially if you can't get it sealed or serviced, check etc. Where do you live? Probably you will find someone who will work with rep watches if you do some good research. Good luck with it and enjoy your V9!

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
Thanks brother, I'll keep it out of the water. Iv looked up local watchsmiths, I can't seem to find any place even semi local that's not a really nice jewelry store/AD, or like a mall kiosk watch stand (nope). I live in Saratoga Springs, upstate NY, if anyone knows a better way of searching, I'll owe you one big time!

Reactions: canariasproducts

Keniath

16/9/16
Upper Austria, Linz
Go with the VRF MAX Hulk. Maybe add gen crystal and enjoy as is.

i cant decide also. im so confused with the versions at the moment. i had a Noob v7 116610LN and i sold it as i was very unhappy with that terrible insert color
im looking to buy the same watch but a better version
Im between a VRF MAX LN the Noob v9 and the ARF

Reactions: canariasproducts

The Alchemy Index

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/6/15
I like the full 904l feel, but I have nothing to compare it to, except a few gen (not subs) iv tried on.

Anyone been in the swimming pool w thier V9s yet? Someone had reassured me on just how tightly the V9 is put together, maybe earlier in this thread. Going swimming at my in-laws today, would love to wear my watch in the water, but on the other hand I know I shouldn't unless I have it pressure tested and what not, but I got stuck in a downpour and it got completely hammered by rain, everything is fine, not trying to go diving just a basic swimming pool.

The problem is I have no local watchsmiths that AREN'T ADs...so I'm not sure how to go about getting it serviced. I wonder if I these AD jewelry stores would offer me service w this watch, I doubt it.

By design the case is waterproof, but it being a rep you never know. Most of the time they’re fine for swimming but not guaranteed at all.

What I can tell you is I took my v6s with v9 bezel in the ocean and the engraving paint came off the numbers, so watch out for that.

Also do not take your rep to an AD. There is a section for modders here on the forum so look there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
i cant decide also. im so confused with the versions at the moment. i had a Noob v7 116610LN and i sold it as i was very unhappy with that terrible insert color
im looking to buy the same watch but a better version
Im between a VRF MAX LN the Noob v9 and the ARF

This is just my opinion, if you want a Hulk and you do not need the best of the best 1:1, and looking for a real solid watch with one of the best green inserts the VRF MAX is the one to buy. It's not 904L, it is not 100% true to gen, but it will look damn good and fool 99.9% of the population.

pengo

I'm Pretty Popular
11/7/15
Thanks brother, I'll keep it out of the water. Iv looked up local watchsmiths, I can't seem to find any place even semi local that's not a really nice jewelry store/AD, or like a mall kiosk watch stand (nope). I live in Saratoga Springs, upstate NY, if anyone knows a better way of searching, I'll owe you one big time!

no need for a real watchsmith, just go to a big mall/department store where they(sell watches and) shorten bracelets and change batteries, the bigger ones can test it WR100m, and smaller ones at least for WR50m, and its cheap there.

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
Cool advice pengo thanks! I actually did some more searching and found one I think will be good about 15 min away! Thanks guys!

machim

19/7/17
This is just my opinion, if you want a Hulk and you do not need the best of the best 1:1, and looking for a real solid watch with one of the best green inserts the VRF MAX is the one to buy. It's not 904L, it is not 100% true to gen, but it will look damn good and fool 99.9% of the population.

Well, if VRF have 3135 for me to swap dial

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
What I can tell you is I took my v6s with v9 bezel in the ocean and the engraving paint came off the numbers, so watch out for that.

What?! That’s crazy. So the factory noob v9 paint in the inserta came off, or did you do some sort of mod?
How long were you in the water with it?

Just curious.

The Alchemy Index

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/6/15
What?! That’s crazy. So the factory noob v9 paint in the inserta came off, or did you do some sort of mod?
How long were you in the water with it?

Just curious.

Completely stock insert, went in the ocean for probably 15 minutes one time and it came off. Wore my 16610LV the rest of the time and it was a champ

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
Completely stock insert, went in the ocean for probably 15 minutes one time and it came off. Wore my 16610LV the rest of the time and it was a champ

And this was with the new V9 noob? Sorry for asking but this is a little disappointing.

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Mine is a little patchy , can't tell if it's the paint coming away or not though

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Can anyone tell me which version this is?

f5da22673de040668327a7d6f6282994.jpg

Reactions: pengo