• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v9 just appeared

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Finally got mine, and sent it right off to a local watchsmith who will install the Prof crystal. First impression that it is a very nice feeling watch, out of the box seems downright nice. Bracelet feels nice, case is very nice, and bezel movement is very nice as well. Everything feels nice, and everything looks nice as well. I did not get a really good look at the watch, but held it for a few minutes and thought wow this feels nice and I do not want to let it go!

There are a couple of issues which we all know
1) Cyclops is very reflective, not that great in sunlight- Already being remedied as I am installing a new crystal. I told the watch smith to fit whichever gasket he feels is best as Prof gave me a 2.5 and a 2.7 (I think the one that came on the watch would do just fine as it was sitting decently low)
2) Bezel number colors- They are very white looking, but looks much better than the dull ugly insert on the v7. I took a macro shot and it looks like there is some metallic flake going on there, it is not straight up white paint so at least they tried! I am going to do a Molotow paint mod on my own, and get USD or Spongebob mod done in a month or two.
3) Maybe just me, but the hands have a more green-ish lume color. Not a big deal, but it caught my eye.

Everything else looks great, a good buy for sure! (photos coming momentarily)

Not sure why my pics didn’t work. Trying again

e3e9662e671b9d4ca21933938143f8c9.jpg

453446485375fdbcc1986f1f17f33c8b.jpg

ff8aa2be1bc87f2664eaa367c577b520.jpg
bd10b2639144c90d9a304e748f8ce440.jpg
9c5b44c53c8a2f7a7425210e5ce2a706.jpg

0b3b3b1c4dc531705947e0f82f2481aa.jpg

pengo

I'm Pretty Popular
11/7/15
Not sure why my pics didn’t work. Trying again

great mate, maybe lower the xtal a little to have a bigger gap between xtal and insert.
go google up some gen pics to decide. ;)

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
And the hands because the gen have a 3D look which the reps not have (no not even the ARF) but its "ok".

Yup. A lot of v9 owners want to “believe” the rep is Gen like to gain some sort of piece of mind. The black is closer than the Hulk. But in reality they are both lacking in a lot of areas. Hulk more as mentioned. This is fact rather than opinion unfortunately.

But like ive said, these are good times we live in, and the v9 overall is a cool rep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
What they really must change is the brushing i saw that on the ARF version too, the brushing is to rough, the gen is more "fine" brushed were the brushing of the replicas just looks way to "rough" but yeah its a rep so :D

Reactions: Cooldaddyfunk286

71bucks

18/5/10
v6s had the best SELs/bracelet.
applegreen insert came from a specific v7 batch.
here it is:
qZI7whD.jpg

Ever have that next to a genuine? Do you think it'd look close enough to be indistinguishable (without replica expert level scrutiny)? :)

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
no man :D trust me the green one you can spot directly because the Rolex Green is fantastic.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
And the hands because the gen have a 3D look which the reps not have (no not even the ARF) but its "ok".

You are spot on of course, the hands are a dead giveaway.

I'm selling a set in the parts section. I sold my v9 because I prefer my yachtmaster and just couldn't be assed with another long build of replacing the hands, servicing movement, replace dw, crystal, gasket, crown, tube and then send away the bloody insert.

So if you want some nice 3d hands please check m2m! They are sealed genuine rolex

hellseekerx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/18
La Jolla California
To dark, trust me if you see a gen in real life you will directly know what i mean.

I agree. The hulk is amazing and current version are
not close either. I went with the black one. It’s way closer to my Gen. V9 is not too far off Im changing the crystal to a gen. It’s the first thing anyone try’s to check and of course the sweeping of second hand but that’s on point. The rest of flaws I’m fine with. I use it as my stunt double anyways.

Reactions: Tigerdragon

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
Being a new member, I think alot of people forget we're talking about 500 dollar reps, not 9-14 thousand dollar gens. Of course the gen is more fantastic, it's genuine. I love my v9 because it's so damn close and worth way more than 500 dollars if these MINOR differences which half of you guys basically fix, I would say we're doin pretty well in the rep world if the DEAD GIVEAWAY is a bezel insert color, especially when you feel and wear this 480-500 dollar watch. I understand I'm new, this is the first automatic watch I've ever owned, my best watch before this was a G-shock. For being a replica, and what we paid, it's worth its weight in gold TO ME anyway. The fact that these differences are so minor and we're paying $500 not $12,000 dollars is still SO amazing to me, even almost a month after owning it. IDK. I mean no disrespect to anyone, I really appreciate the guys who can pimp these things out, and know their reps inside and out. Just offering my perspective.

Thanks guys! (Plz don't flame me)

-J

Cooldaddyfunk286

20/6/18
NY
Also if SEL not being flush, the brushing, and the bezel insert are the worst problems of the v9, ask yourself, would you pay thousands upon thousands of dollars to fix these things? Lol

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
Also if SEL not being flush, the brushing, and the bezel insert are the worst problems of the v9, ask yourself, would you pay thousands upon thousands of dollars to fix these things? Lol

No, i would buy an ARF hulk and not a v9. Fully aware its a $500 rep, but standards are hight and the franken projects you see these days are up there with rep finishes. Fair play on your comments, over time you will see things you probably don’t at the moment. The nature of the rep game unfortunately - I’ve became a cynic and have a decent eye for flaws (probably a bad thing)

Keep on enjoying your v9 buddy!

Reactions: Cooldaddyfunk286

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
Dom I was thinking the same after I wrote it. I'm sure I'll end up like the rest of ya! :)

Ha ha You will, when i first set out i bought a super rep superocean abyss noob and mate it was perfect. Said i was done with the game, that was 4-5 years ago, ive had about 20 reps since then ha ha doesnt get better.

Got a mini franken GMT on route which i cant wait to get hold of.

Logixa

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/17
Netherlands
smoke Mary is from Mary Watch a td on Rwg. She is great and can source a lot of parts too. She doesn't have a site so you will have to request a certain watch and she will source it. Even ones that all td don't have.

And thanks for confirming smoke!