• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v9 just appeared

71bucks

18/5/10
Seems clear that if you order a V9 you're most likely to get a watch with flush solid end links.

I'd guess that as Ryan is picking our watches he's seeing nearly all of them with flush end links and so, to him, this isn't a QC issue...it's just how the watch is.

I think for the near future anyone ordering one of these that can't live with flush links should make sure their TD knows they'll reject one with flush links so that the TD can let them know whether they think it's reasonable and whether they should go through with their order. Just my opinion.

I'm real happy with my V9 and I'm just trying to ignore the flush links when I look at it.

focus66

19/8/12
Could you point to a watch in this thread that you have verified as a legit V9 that has SEL fitment that looks anything like gen? I do not recall seeing one. Marco177's V7 no-date looks good, of course that's a V7 so isn't on point for my question.

In this post the SEL depth looks very good, but Princewilliam seemed to indicate it was a V6S later in post #85?

You posted these live pics of a V9, but SELs look nearly flush to me.

You commented about these pics and said "sharp recessed sel", but without an angle shot I don't see it. I know your eye is a million times more experienced than mine so perhaps you can tell without an angle shot.

You called this watch a "real v9" but I see no way to tell if the SEL are recessed and if so, by how much. They look fairly flush but it's really impossible for me to judge with this angle.

You called the one in this post "a perfect V9" and in one of the photos it looks like maybe the bottom is a little recessed but the top looks pretty flush. Again, not a good angle to judge.

There are numerous examples of watches you've validated to be good examples of a V9, but since the QC shots never seem to include an angle that lets you see SEL depth (intentionally by dealers) it is almost impossible for me to gauge. I got "V9" from Ryan, and would definitely not say the SEL depth is "like gen".

Here is one of my QC photos:

Img_2450x.png

Good V9?

But here's what it looks like when shot at an angle that lets you directly assess SEL depth:

Bottom_SEL.png

Now compare that with gen:

Gen_116610_LN_10.jpg

Is my notion of what gen should look like all wrong? Is the picture above a good representation of gen? If so, is there a single V9 in this topic with SEL fitment that looks like that?

If I'm all wet that's cool - I'm just trying to learn here - and you're clearly the guru - but I'm not seeing SEL depth in any of these watches you've verified as perfect V9. If it's just that you have a practiced eye and I don't and you can tell from a straight on that it's good and I can't, then I have to accept that. But since all the other V9 QC pics look like mine (to my uneducated eye) I assume they all fit like mine and mine seem to be too flush.

At least on the frontal shot of your qc pic, yours appears to have symmetrical shaped lugs. Thats already something... usually it is the upper right lug that is almost square and too long... sel-fitment could probably be fixed somehow...

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Could you point to a watch in this thread that you have verified as a legit V9 that has SEL fitment that looks anything like gen? I do not recall seeing one. Marco177's V7 no-date looks good, of course that's a V7 so isn't on point for my question.

In this post the SEL depth looks very good, but Princewilliam seemed to indicate it was a V6S later in post #85?

You posted these live pics of a V9, but SELs look nearly flush to me.

You commented about these pics and said "sharp recessed sel", but without an angle shot I don't see it. I know your eye is a million times more experienced than mine so perhaps you can tell without an angle shot.

You called this watch a "real v9" but I see no way to tell if the SEL are recessed and if so, by how much. They look fairly flush but it's really impossible for me to judge with this angle.

You called the one in this post "a perfect V9" and in one of the photos it looks like maybe the bottom is a little recessed but the top looks pretty flush. Again, not a good angle to judge.

There are numerous examples of watches you've validated to be good examples of a V9, but since the QC shots never seem to include an angle that lets you see SEL depth (intentionally by dealers) it is almost impossible for me to gauge. I got "V9" from Ryan, and would definitely not say the SEL depth is "like gen".

Here is one of my QC photos:

Img_2450x.png

Good V9?

But here's what it looks like when shot at an angle that lets you directly assess SEL depth:

Bottom_SEL.png

Now compare that with gen:

Gen_116610_LN_10.jpg

Is my notion of what gen should look like all wrong? Is the picture above a good representation of gen? If so, is there a single V9 in this topic with SEL fitment that looks like that?

If I'm all wet that's cool - I'm just trying to learn here - and you're clearly the guru - but I'm not seeing SEL depth in any of these watches you've verified as perfect V9. If it's just that you have a practiced eye and I don't and you can tell from a straight on that it's good and I can't, then I have to accept that. But since all the other V9 QC pics look like mine (to my uneducated eye) I assume they all fit like mine and mine seem to be too flush.
Look...these are 3 gen Hulk!!!
Sel are like my V9 :)
b27d933a2a4d43fed3073d919b48e7f0.jpg
198ca7685987b4514347b2e618e8a341.jpg
7188e872131525d5bf2af77e358e7504.jpg

Inviato dal mio SM-N950F utilizzando Tapatalk

71bucks

18/5/10
Think he’s showing examples of gen hulks and saying the gens have flush SELs too..:

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
First picture is gen, second picture is rep and third is gen. And on both gen you see that there is no flush sel :D

Reactions: pengo

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
the second one is NEVER a gen hulk look at the 9 oclock marker, crooked as fuck.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
I took pics from a gen watches site hahahaha...my v9 it is ok for me. But if you want you can change with arf bracelet...maybe sel it is better
0bc7c8d57da4a259e58b4bceb373ee9b.jpg

Reactions: electric

HAS17HA

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/11/17
I took pics from a gen watches site hahahaha...my v9 it is ok for me. But if you want you can change with arf bracelet...maybe sel it is better
0bc7c8d57da4a259e58b4bceb373ee9b.jpg

For this statement "my v9 it is ok for me", I salute you sir. This is a hobby and it should be nothing more than that. Of course we should try for perfection, but at the same time we should be realistic and accept that it is not the real thing and the particular circumstances surrounding each watch and version and above all content and happy with your own one.

Reactions: 71bucks and occb2

Keniath

16/9/16
Upper Austria, Linz
i find all this talk about such small details pretty ridiculous. if you want perfection buy gen. 99% of people looking at your watch wont even know what it is let alone know the flaws...

Reactions: 71bucks

NoahT

7/6/18
i find all this talk about such small details pretty ridiculous. if you want perfection buy gen. 99% of people looking at your watch wont even know what it is let alone know the flaws...

Hm... It's all about that, isn't it? Sure, 99% won't even know... But people themselves know. Nothing unusual here. What do you complain about? If that ain't your point just leave it alone:eek:hwell:

pengo

I'm Pretty Popular
11/7/15

i share my rep-fun with that 1% men who are interessted in watches. ;)

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
Reactions: Tigerdragon

gamegeek1234

Looking Around
16/6/18
as a newbie, read most of this thread, got confused came back in the morning read parts of it again, so have had a look on some of the sites posted on here, v8 v9 or v9s sa3135. First ever watch this will be for me so please anyone help me. im Based in the UK, Wales. Cheers guys!

NoahT

7/6/18
as a newbie, read most of this thread, got confused came back in the morning read parts of it again, so have had a look on some of the sites posted on here, v8 v9 or v9s sa3135. First ever watch this will be for me so please anyone help me. im Based in the UK, Wales. Cheers guys!
Help do I can, yes, mmmmmh... I suggest you start from the beginning again. Read all of this thread. A pro you will become:yoda: