• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v9 just appeared

hellseekerx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/18
La Jolla California
And people call me out on fussy QC , Jeez man.

The watch is at an angle on that photo anyway. IMO Movement/dial just need wiggled over a touch to massively improve what you see there , at most the crystal could be reseated but he says he is replacing anyway so no issue really

These V9s Noobs are all jacked up. prob go with an ARF perhaps better quality

Ec12345

Horology Curious
13/6/18
The LV V9 I ordered about six weeks ago arrived yesterday, and has exact same issue with the dial. It’s just about .5mm turned to the left. It’s honestly unnoticeable unless you sit and stare at the face of the watch. I’d gladly accept the slightly off dial if the cyclops didn’t suck so much. Wow, I knew they weren’t great, but didn’t realize it would be as bad as it is in person. Def going to have to replace it with gen crystal.
Mine is also running about -30secs/day, so ignore whatever their timeograph is reading. Looks like it will be off for a service and new crystal at some point in the near term. Having owned a lot of gen subs over the last few years, I’ll say that while the watch looks the part, the fit and finish is no where as good as a genuine Rolex. But you’d pay a massive amount more for it too. Just don’t expect Rolex quality for $500 and you will be happy.

Just picking up on the fit and finish part being so different, can you elaborate more?

If you was holding a genuine sub c in one hand and this rep in the other could you feel the difference immediatley? if so in what way?

Having just sold a GEN 114060 and now looking to get the noob V9 or ARF as my first dip into the rep game.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
it is an easy fix do not worry
just rotate the dial a bit

It is a relatively easy fix for a modder, because yes you are right it is basically a case of just rotate the dial. But then you have the cyclops to think of as well so they do need a keen eye.

For the factories, they are chucking these together as quick as they can, so for me, I would just accept and get it to a modder straight away. They know what they are doing, the noob AAA sweatshop doesn't.

Reactions: freediver

Hakai

11/6/18
Well, why take the watch if it got this obvious flaw ?
we can't expect dial colour to be 100% perfect and sel from the start, something which is refined over time. But dial allignment should be a basic quality which we should expect if not the case decline and ask for a new one. That's what QC is for

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
Well, why take the watch if it got this obvious flaw ?
we can't expect dial colour to be 100% perfect and sel from the start, something which is refined over time. But dial allignment should be a basic quality which we should expect if not the case decline and ask for a new one. That's what QC is for

Under normal circumstances I would completely agree with you, but this is a watch in short supply. IMO as long as the lugs are correct and the sel isn't completely flush, the rest can be corrected. If you get too fussy you'll probably end up as a guy who wished he had a v6s but held out and got a v7.

Hakai

11/6/18
True, forgot the fact that noob is inconsistent with their production. But they probbabl got few more in stock if you jrecieves QC already l, until they get a new batch. Big problem would be asking for a v9 in a few weeks and then it's the v8xyz or V10 ...

Mru86

7/8/16
Hi guy can you advise pls. I wanted a ppm done on the bezel insert my v9 but the modder asking for me to get an arf insert or spongbob can ppm not be done to current insert. What is benefit of arf insert does this not need a ppm coat? Thanks

English Gent

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/7/14
The dial is turned just slightly to the left - maybe .5 to 1.0mm.
Now they were nice enough to line all the other bits with the dial, so it’s not as obvious. Like I said earlier, it’s barely noticeable unless you really look the face of the watch over. I’ll get a picture of mine in a minute and make sure the image is taken straight on.

yb4zv4r.jpg

I wouldnt be worried about the dial being misaligned, as a designer first thing I see is the Rolex logo looks like it was drawn by a child and photocopied on... the kerning between the letters is well off, (esp ROL) looks like typed in Word.

heres how should look

​​​​​​​

Reactions: phdsjain

NoahT

7/6/18
I wouldnt be worried about the dial being misaligned, as a designer first thing I see is the Rolex logo looks like it was drawn by a child and photocopied on... the kerning between the letters is well off, (esp ROL) looks like typed in Word.

heres how should look

​​​​​​​

Add to your design studies a little bit of knowledge :babyballoon:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ner-dial-guide

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
Add to your design studies a little bit of knowledge :babyballoon:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ner-dial-guide

After 35 years of being a award winning typographer.. I dont see anything in Smokes thread that has a logo that bad. I know Rolex change there dials all the time, I even did a thread on the old site with a load images of how the words under ROLEX misaligned or changed, like the DATE starting after the X or before

the spacing on the pic between the ROL is not consistent with the LEX.

I realise not everyone sees this, its a curse I have... and common with Chinese as there not use to are word forms. Im still waiting for a ALS with proper logo and date wheel numbers being in correct font.

Reactions: phdsjain

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
After 35 years of being a award winning typographer.. I dont see anything in Smokes thread that has a logo that bad. I know Rolex change there dials all the time, I even did a thread on the old site with a load images of how the words under ROLEX misaligned or changed, like the DATE starting after the X or before

I realise not everyone sees this, its a curse I have... and common with Chinese as there not use to are word forms. Im still waiting for a ALS with proper logo and date wheel numbers being in correct font.

As a fellow typographer / designer I feel your pain 100%. But its not a problem confined to fake watches. Rolex has just about the worst brand consistency you can imagine. Different logos, coronets, and fonts from product to product to packaging to signage - its a total mess. As I understand, the Daytona even uses Eurostyle on the sub dials. The preferred font of every 1970's laundrette...

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14

I found this on Smokes thread that has same logo problem, not sure if its gen or not

VAcnQgz.png
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...s/248271-ceramic-submariner-dial-guide/page17

English Gent

Banned
10/7/14
As a fellow typographer / designer I feel your pain 100%. But its not a problem confined to fake watches. Rolex has just about the worst brand consistency you can imagine. Different logos, coronets, and fonts from product to product to packaging to signage - its a total mess. As I understand, the Daytona even uses Eurostyle on the sub dials. The preferred font of every 1970's laundrette...

Yeah, Rolex have always been a bit of a shit show with there dials, I believe they change printers and designs all the time, and have seen some horrendous mistakes on Gens, the quality of the only 5 number series bracelets etc were worse than Seiko 5's... in fact my Seiko 5's dials are better finished than my Datejusts

Makes you wonder why Rolex are so revered

Reactions: Tigerdragon

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Hi guy can you advise pls. I wanted a ppm done on the bezel insert my v9 but the modder asking for me to get an arf insert or spongbob can ppm not be done to current insert. What is benefit of arf insert does this not need a ppm coat? Thanks

Your modder is talking crap bro.pm me for paint mod details

Reactions: ssouthall6

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13

heres how should look

Wrong the logo on the dial is not supposed to look like that other dial. The v9 logo looks like the dial its replicated. The dial is from 2017/18 And is not period correct for the noob v9 case or the v8