• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v9 just appeared

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
As I said before... Problem is the dial. Crystal sits fine.

Cyclop corresponds with crown
cyclops38fc2ead23a545e9.jpg

Here you can see the dial is not aligning with the crown
2222beac27b15b952.jpg

And all together
1ce39dfa7627af063.jpg

The problem is the dial. It is turned to the left. CHANGE THE WATCH ! ! !

EDIT: It could be easy to fix that. But it could also be a big problem. No one knows at this point. Ask Ryan if he can fix it.

And people call me out on fussy QC , Jeez man.

The watch is at an angle on that photo anyway. IMO Movement/dial just need wiggled over a touch to massively improve what you see there , at most the crystal could be reseated but he says he is replacing anyway so no issue really

Last edited:

machim

19/7/17
As I said before... Problem is the dial. Crystal sits fine.

Cyclop corresponds with crown
cyclops38fc2ead23a545e9.jpg

Here you can see the dial is not aligning with the crown
2222beac27b15b952.jpg

And all together
1ce39dfa7627af063.jpg

The problem is the dial. It is turned to the left. CHANGE THE WATCH ! ! !

EDIT: It could be easy to fix that. But it could also be a big problem. No one knows at this point. Ask Ryan if he can fix it.

Thank you very much. I am glad that you pointed it out.

JDM180

Banned
3/9/13
Thank you very much. I am glad that you pointed it out.

Dude there is nothing wrong with it if you are changing the crystal anyway , crooked cyclops would bug me otherwise but as you say you are changing it id accept. I hate to even say that as I know its crap to hear but you might get a worse problem next one , how many have had awfull date disc alignment , this one looks good..

Reactions: pengo

machim

19/7/17
Dude there is nothing wrong with it if you are changing the crystal anyway , crooked cyclops would bug me otherwise but as you say you are changing it id accept. I hate to even say that as I know its crap to hear but you might get a worse problem next one , how many have had awfull date disc alignment , this one looks good..

I totally appreciate your advise and opinion on this, but as NoahT mentioned and makes sense to me it’s not crystal crocked, its dial missed align. Even you used gen crystal, it still have this issue. I totally understand you will hardly to get perfect rep watch, but there are some point important to you than other, for me , dial looks is more than sel, etc, so I can accept not so good sel but dial have to be perfect for me

JDM180

Banned
3/9/13
I totally appreciate your advise and opinion on this, but as NoahT mentioned and makes sense to me it’s not crystal crocked, its dial missed align. Even you used gen crystal, it still have this issue. I totally understand you will hardly to get perfect rep watch, but there are some point important to you than other, for me , dial looks is more than sel, etc, so I can accept not so good sel but dial have to be perfect for me

I dont think there is anything wrong with the dial, look at how the minute markers line up with the X's on the rehaut , imo its just the crystal

The dials are on little pegs that are slotted into the movement , run to run they are all going to be the same , just a little amount of play with the screws that hold the pegs in place, if it was off by anything worth noting all your dates would be wonky as well, trust me its the crystal

Mattspalace

Horology Curious
26/5/18
It’s clearly the dial, and like I mentioned, mine arrived yesterday and has the exact same issue. I just didn’t catch it in the photos. Had I caught it I would have declined the watch, which is what he should do. Or see if it can be fixed.

JDM180

Banned
3/9/13
It’s clearly the dial, and like I mentioned, mine arrived yesterday and has the exact same issue. I just didn’t catch it in the photos. Had I caught it I would have declined the watch, which is what he should do. Or see if it can be fixed.

What do you think is actually wrong with the dial then , I would put money on it being the crystal. Do you know how the dial is attached ? what do you think has been done wrong here ? The dial is maybe a hair out which is easy to adjust DIY. Anything notable is down the the position of the crystal when it has been pressed in

EDIT : If the poster wasnt going to replace the crystal I would agree that id question the QC , but when they put the new crystal in there will be no issue so dont see a reason to reject this your just increasing the wait for yourself and risking further problems

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
I dont think there is anything wrong with the dial, look at how the minute markers line up with the X's on the rehaut , imo its just the crystal

The dials are on little pegs that are slotted into the movement , run to run they are all going to be the same , just a little amount of play with the screws that hold the pegs in place, if it was off by anything worth noting all your dates would be wonky as well, trust me its the crystal

Yes in my opinion it is the crystal too.
This watch looks stunning, take it. You even have a rounded 12 o‘clock triangle marker. This is hit or miss, maybe the next one will have ugly sharp triangle marker at 12 which is an instant tell to me

Mattspalace

Horology Curious
26/5/18
what do you think is actually wrong with the dial , I would put money on it being the crystal

The dial is turned just slightly to the left - maybe .5 to 1.0mm.
Now they were nice enough to line all the other bits with the dial, so it’s not as obvious. Like I said earlier, it’s barely noticeable unless you really look the face of the watch over. I’ll get a picture of mine in a minute and make sure the image is taken straight on.

yb4zv4r.jpg

Last edited:

JDM180

Banned
3/9/13
The dial is turned just slightly to the left - maybe .5 to 1.0mm.
Now they were nice enough to line all the other bits with the dial, so it’s not as obvious. Like I said earlier, it’s barely noticeable unless you really look the face of the watch over. I’ll get a picture of mine in a minute and make sure the image is taken straight on.

Its the movement in the case that is like you say 0.5mm out of line , especially if your date disc lines up nicely in the window, EASY PEASY to fix if it bothers you. , Like I say id agree the crystal being pressed in at a slight angle is an issue if not replacing it , but I would not reject because of anything to do with the dial.

Mattspalace

Horology Curious
26/5/18
Pic added. Did my best to get it true vertical but looks like imgur and my iPad had some fun. You should be able to see it tho. I think the other person’s is worse than mine.

pengo

I'm Pretty Popular
11/7/15
My v9 date window looks off from the cyclops. Can anyone please verify?

hey mate,
its mostly about the dial alignment, in your case maybe the crystal very little too.
if u put ur gen xtal, the movement has to be taken out, and at assembling again the dial alignment should go almost for free. ;)
nice watch. congrats.
i never would reject that, even without xtal change through dial alignment it comes close enough to perfection.

Reactions: Nivka

JDM180

Banned
3/9/13
Pic added. Did my best to get it true vertical but looks like imgur and my iPad had some fun. You should be able to see it tho. I think the other person’s is worse than mine.

Yup I agree the dial is slightly off to the rehaut. I know how annoying that is , but that's the same on most real world gens.

all I'm saying here on the other persons pic is the date mag thing is mostly the crystal. Not so much the dial position. I certainly wouldn't reject it because of the dial

Mattspalace

Horology Curious
26/5/18
While I’m here, any good recommendations where I can get a gen xtal? I could use the same for someone to perform the work too and also adjust the timing to be more accurate. Yeah, no biggie. My gens were always perfect, but it’s not realistic to expect it from a replica that obviously doesn’t have such strict QC standards.

HAS17HA

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/11/17
While I’m here, any good recommendations where I can get a gen xtal? I could use the same for someone to perform the work too and also adjust the timing to be more accurate. Yeah, no biggie. My gens were always perfect, but it’s not realistic to expect it from a replica that obviously doesn’t have such strict QC standards.

Try smoke

machim

19/7/17

I purchased prof black hold xtal with LEC. I am not sure, how’s difference compare to gen.

HAS17HA

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/11/17
I purchased prof black hold xtal with LEC. I am not sure, how’s difference compare to gen.
While Prof might be better than one comes with the watch , general concession is it's nowhere near to a gen, smoke had few gen xtals for sale, try him

machim

19/7/17
While Prof might be better than one comes with the watch , general concession is it's nowhere near to a gen, smoke had few gen xtals for sale, try him
Thank you
I already purchased prof black hold xtal. Let’s see how it looks,

I have decided and accepted the watch. After hearing from both sides, I want to be a white mice and see the watch myself. Worst case, it will be on sale for cheap if I can’t live with it. No pain no gain, :)

i will let you guys know how it looks in real life,

again, thanks all