• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v9 just appeared

SeikoFan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/5/18
United States
Lol your joking right?gluing the springbar is ridiculous . My bro Andrei did this a couple years ago

I would never epoxy the spring bar in, but using a modified spring bar that fits tight and offsets the SEL seems like a better solution than leaving it flush.

I am working on making a DIY friendly eccentric spring bar that would make it easy for people to fix their SEL height without having to fabricate something.

1.78mm_to_2.0mm_adapter_assembly_-_800.jpg

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
I would never epoxy the spring bar in, but using a modified spring bar that fits tight and offsets the SEL seems like a better solution than leaving it flush.

I am working on making a DIY friendly eccentric spring bar that would make it easy for people to fix their SEL height without having to fabricate something.

Awesome!!! Let us know!

PamDomi

Renowned Member
15/12/16

Great mate!!!

SeikoFan

10/5/18
United States
Since "Very good lug shape with the bracelet" is supposed to be one of the V9 features, hopefully they will get their act together and the SEL fitment thing will become an issue of the past in the near future.

I feel a little stupid for not asking for a QC pic at an angle to let me gauge the SEL fitment. All the shots were "straight on" and it looked really nice and well-fitting, but you can't gauge SEL height from straight on.

I'm sure Ryan knew it wasn't right but it's not his job to point it out to me - that's on me. Lesson learned - I know better next time.

Reactions: KJ2020

Mru86

7/8/16
Hi guys so im gettung the v9 sa3135 with genxtal, bp dial and paint mod anything else you think i need?

thanks

LaPavel

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/8/17
EU
Hi guys so im gettung the v9 sa3135 with genxtal, bp dial and paint mod anything else you think i need?

thanks
gen dw, hands, xtal, arf bezel, arf bracelet, sh movement......

Mru86

7/8/16
gen dw, hands, xtal, arf bezel, arf bracelet, sh movement......

i feel like if i am going to buy the v9 and factory will only sell the full arf bracelet i might aswell buy the arf instead. what is sh movement? i dont think you can buy arf bezel seperately either?

LaPavel

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/8/17
EU
i feel like if i am going to buy the v9 and factory will only sell the full arf bracelet i might aswell buy the arf instead. what is sh movement? i dont think you can buy arf bezel seperately either?
sh is yuki, sa is noob... and with bezel, you can ask ryan for it

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany

thanks

I have a BP No Date Submariner from last year and I don‘t recommend you the BP Dial.
The 12 o‘clock triangle marker is crooked and has very sharp edges. The Noob V9 seems to be the first Sub Rep with rounded 12 o‘clock triangle marker. Not every V9 I have seen but a lot of them.
Also the lume on BP Dial markers is utter crap. Doesn‘t shine as bright as Noob and has little dark dots on my dial markers.
I would buy gen dial or keep the noob dial.
Just my 2 cents

Reactions: phdsjain

Mru86

7/8/16
I have a BP No Date Submariner from last year and I don‘t recommend you the BP Dial.
The 12 o‘clock triangle marker is crooked and has very sharp edges. The Noob V9 seems to be the first Sub Rep with rounded 12 o‘clock triangle marker. Not every V9 I have seen but a lot of them.
Also the lume on BP Dial markers is utter crap. Doesn‘t shine as bright as Noob and has little dark dots on my dial markers.
Just my 2 cents

thats really helpful mate how about arf bezel vs paint mod?

Mru86

7/8/16
Guys im thinking of ordering the arf clasp but you must buy whole bracelet. Is it just the clasp that is better than v9 or entire bracelet. Because my thinking was to keep that bracelet n sell the one for v9.

whar are main differences between the two I can see one has a sanblasted finish

thanks

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
No. The ARF is a ETA hand set right now.

Reactions: LaPavel

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Guys im thinking of ordering the arf clasp but you must buy whole bracelet. Is it just the clasp that is better than v9 or entire bracelet. Because my thinking was to keep that bracelet n sell the one for v9.

whar are main differences between the two I can see one has a sanblasted finish

thanks

Guys, if you order just a clasp be advised you don't get the adjustable end link that slides along the glidelock grooves in the side walls. That link is considered part of the bracelet. You CAN swap that end link over to a new clasp but it's not an entirely simple task. There are some tiny oval plates that ride along the glidelock grooves that are VERY easy to lose if aren't really careful. Best to just source the whole bracelet/clasp, or be happy with the bracelet/clasp you have.

15287792093350.jpg

15241832791947.jpg

15241834072172.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: pengo and NoahT

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
Just my 2 cents
You got unlucky and got a lemon.the bp dial is king .

Reactions: electric