• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v9 just appeared

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Since we're on the topic of flush SELs...

I really wanted to just be happy with my V9 Noob 116610LN from Intime - and not try to pick it to pieces - but I guess I'm just incapable of that.

I think my SELs look like most of the V9 pics I'm seeing here - but looking at gen SELs I think they should be recessed more - mine are damn close to flush.

Is this a glaring defect that I should seek to remedy somehow, or should I just quit being so effing picky and forget about it?

Top_SEL.png

Bottom_SEL.png

Alright my young Palawan.

This is is what you do. Balls to the wall approach I was meaning to publish in the guide but never got around to it

you get 1.7/8[whatever#] spring bars

then you get Aroldite. Yeah you can see where it’s all going... this ain’t for the weak heartwd

so, next up you take the old spring bars out and put the new ones in. Play around the different sizes. Once you know which give you the best SEL, you keep those and discard the rest. Next you’ll notice that SEL wiggles. That’s to be expected since they are not 2mm springbars. What you want to do next is using a very thin tube of premixed A and B Aroldote and insert it into four of the SEL spring bar openings. Keep the SEL in perfect position manually whilst this is all happening. Don’t worry too much about the mess as Acetone will make quick work of the glue that got places you didn’t want it to. Do not underestimate how long that shit takes to harden. Take good amount of time to do this once. And do it right

repeart for the other end

now dont f@$& it up!

hellseekerx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/18
La Jolla California

I really wanted to just be happy with my V9 Noob 116610LN from Intime - and not try to pick it to pieces - but I guess I'm just incapable of that.

I think my SELs look like most of the V9 pics I'm seeing here - but looking at gen SELs I think they should be recessed more - mine are damn close to flush.

Is this a glaring defect that I should seek to remedy somehow, or should I just quit being so effing picky and forget about it?

Top_SEL.png

Bottom_SEL.png

Looks almost flushed and slightly to none recessed. Better than mosst ive seen. Im waiting for my NoobV9 LN on a 2836. Ryan emailed me today asking if i wanted the VRF version instead it may be a few days faster. I think the VRF version is better than noob correct?

Athan330ci

Horology Curious
14/5/18
Help

Does anyone sell a modified ready to go

Noob V9 116610 Hulk or Black OR a 126600

With Modified
1. Correct Date Wheel
2. Crystal & Cyclops
3. Any other small mod required

I am a rookie at this and just want to buy one ready to go.

Happy to pay for it

Cheers
Athan

nikoel

I'm Pretty Popular
22/2/16
Help

Does anyone sell a modified ready to go

Noob V9 116610 Hulk or Black OR a 126600

With Modified
1. Correct Date Wheel
2. Crystal & Cyclops
3. Any other small mod required

I am a rookie at this and just want to buy one ready to go.

Happy to pay for it

Cheers
Athan

Hi Athan

Welcome to the Forum

No!

Regards

P.S. You may see one pop on M2M every now and then

Reactions: rxc330 and dom1986

SeikoFan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/5/18
United States
Alright my young Palawan.

This is is what you do. Balls to the wall approach I was meaning to publish in the guide but never got around to it

you get 1.7/8[whatever#] spring bars

then you get Aroldite. Yeah you can see where it’s all going... this ain’t for the weak heartwd

so, next up you take the old spring bars out and put the new ones in. Play around the different sizes. Once you know which give you the best SEL, you keep those and discard the rest. Next you’ll notice that SEL wiggles. That’s to be expected since they are not 2mm springbars. What you want to do next is using a very thin tube of premixed A and B Aroldote and insert it into four of the SEL spring bar openings. Keep the SEL in perfect position manually whilst this is all happening. Don’t worry too much about the mess as Acetone will make quick work of the glue that got places you didn’t want it to. Do not underestimate how long that shit takes to harden. Take good amount of time to do this once. And do it right

repeart for the other end

now dont f@$& it up!

Great suggestion Nikoel. I didn't want to veer solidly into an OT discussion here so I posted a new topic to go over my derivative attempt at your idea, and any further discussion anybody else wants to have. That topic is here.

Reactions: nikoel

frosterosen

10/7/17
Some TD wrongly send the ARF daytona to me for the QC eventhough i ordered noob daytona...so, the message here is, no doubt that they will do the same thing for ARF/V8/V9 sub C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watchtrader93

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/1/17
Some TD wrongly send the ARF daytona to me for the QC eventhough i ordered noob daytona...so, the message here is, no doubt that they will do the same thing for ARF/V8/V9 sub C.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

another member ordered ARF Daytona and received the new Noob last week

Reactions: salnik

pengo

I'm Pretty Popular
11/7/15

sorry mate: bad SEL-fitment.

siomayenak

Horology Curious
22/7/15
SEL and CGs looks really good, beautiful watch, my only hope is my LN 3135 would look that good as well. When did you order BTW?

Thnk you!

Actually i didnt order online, i brought from seller in Thailand.

Last edited:

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
I love the v9 noob did good

The only issue is getting an actual v9 from the dealer!

lots of talk on the LV, but can any dealer actually source the v9 LN? Or is it also a crapshoot

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
The only issue is getting an actual v9 from the dealer!

lots of talk on the LV, but can any dealer actually source the v9 LN? Or is it also a crapshoot

No issue at all if you use the 2 correct dealers

Reactions: dom1986