• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v9 just appeared

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
Can you give your thoughts on whether my QC photos (which I approved) are a V9?

https://imgur.com/a/NggzT1y

This looks pretty good, but I can't tell for sure. The lug tips look a little less pointed than other V9 examples in this thread, but the shadows seem to suggest the SEL is not flush. If you really want to be sure, you need to request additional pics on angles showing whether the SEL is flush with the lug.

jakekrait

19/1/17
@rolex007 yes. This has been confirmed by the experts in the forum. a figure of $12-1300 was mentioned for a fantastic rep. read the thread back its in there somewhere

And what would need to be done for the most perfect LV aka hulk?

lmagg00

30/3/18
CONUS
@rolex007 yes. This has been confirmed by the experts in the forum. a figure of $12-1300 was mentioned for a fantastic rep. read the thread back its in there somewhere

Isn’t the ARF just out this week?

I saw photos comparing the new ARF and v9. ARF seemed better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hellseekerx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/5/18
La Jolla California
occb2 Rob, thanks for the video. Very definitive. Big help in decision making.
efthimis nice build there, mate! IMHO, I would let that V6S be. Re the other points, I say I would wait for the ARF SH3135. $600 Reasons, among others: 1) ARF saves you $300 in Spongebob mod; and 2) ARF saves you $350 as there is no need for a gen crystal. Again, just my opinion.

when is the ARF SH3135 coming out? and who will have it ? Intime? Will we need to mod anything on it?

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
when is the ARF SH3135 coming out? and who will have it ? Intime? Will we need to mod anything on it?

If you are referring to the ARF 3135 Smoke Edition, nobody knows at this point, not even Smoke. If Smoke's ARF ever gets made, it will most likely come out first in Puretime, not Intime. We are talking several months of waiting per last conversation with Smoke and Angus Team.
And I love to be proven wrong cuz I've been patiently waiting, too!

hellseekerx

28/5/18
La Jolla California
As i said earlier, i am not an expert so wouldnt be able to definitively confirm this. Compare it to the QC pic i put up of mine earlier which is a v9 IMO based on previous confirmed v9's in this thread. You could also ask smoke for his opinion. General consensus is Ryan and Chazing have V9 stock although a lot are being confused with v8's.

by looking at SEL looks like a V8

hellseekerx

28/5/18
La Jolla California
If you are referring to the ARF 3135 Smoke Edition, nobody knows at this point, not even Smoke. If Smoke's ARF ever gets made, it will most likely come out first in Puretime, not Intime. Weare talking several months of waiting per last conversation with Smoke and Angus Team.

Got it. Thank you for the information. Yes inquiry is for the ARF 3135

persianpirate

16/8/13
LA
Others who have gotten their V9, how does the lume look? Mine looks more blue-green than blue (so weird because it doesnt show in pictures, it looks perfect blue)

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
Isn’t the ARF just out this week?

I saw photos comparing the new ARF and v9. ARF seemed better.

Its very subjective. Noob has some pro’s and some con’s. ARF the same. ARF ootb is supposedly the better of the two. I went for Noob knowing i was getting an actual v9 - for me the noob, band, case, lugs and cg are better.

There is an in depth review within this thread have a read, it will definitely help you make a decision

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
And what would need to be done for the most perfect LV aka hulk?

Something along the lines of Noob v9, ARF insert, gen or ARF xtal and DW and you have a winner. Read this thread, its in there somewhere.

JumpiterT

Known Member
1/5/18
Hi guys got my v9 from Ryan the crystal is missing the crown. However on the v9 from Angus photo shows crown on the crystal at 6. Should I be concerned?

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Noob V9 + Arf bezel insert (or Platinum mod) + Arf clasp + gen Crystal + gen DW + gen Dial

CybNoX

23/5/15
Hello all,

thanks all for your amazing contribution! Esp
occb2 smoke

about to pull my trigger for my first sub, a LN noob v9 :)

just to confirm, Ryan that was mentioned is Ryan from intime? I log on to his site and couldn’t locate v9 in his catalogue so I thought I might be looking at the wrong TD.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: Mr.Paneristi

persianpirate

16/8/13
LA
Hello all,

occb2 smoke

just to confirm, Ryan that was mentioned is Ryan from intime? I log on to his site and couldn’t locate v9 in his catalogue so I thought I might be looking at the wrong TD.

Thanks in advance!

Honestly....after 24 hours with mine, I wouldn't recommend it....If you can, wait a few months until the bottleneck of new parts passes and you'll be sure everything you're getting is actually V9. If you can't wait, order a V7.

My LN just arrived (SA3135, paid 2 months ago) and, other than the bezel insert and crystal, I would 100x over prefer my old V7 and regret that I sold it. My latest gripe is that (I'm guessing) the factories actually manufacturing the parts don't have the equipment needed to work with 904L steel. My case and bracelet have sharp edges, burrs, etc. that just leave it feeling like a cheap DHgate rep. It looks great, but once you hold it, wear it, etc - you realize the finishing just inst on par with the last round of 316L reps.

spacemanspiff

27/5/17
United Kingdom (UK)
You guys are legends, just read through the posts trying to work out which one to get and leaning towards the ARF - though I have to admit my head is about to explode!!

CybNoX

23/5/15
Honestly....after 24 hours with mine, I wouldn't recommend it....If you can, wait a few months until the bottleneck of new parts passes and you'll be sure everything you're getting is actually V9. If you can't wait, order a V7.

My LN just arrived (SA3135, paid 2 months ago) and, other than the bezel insert and crystal, I would 100x over prefer my old V7 and regret that I sold it. My latest gripe is that (I'm guessing) the factories actually manufacturing the parts don't have the equipment needed to work with 904L steel. My case and bracelet have sharp edges, burrs, etc. that just leave it feeling like a cheap DHgate rep. It looks great, but once you hold it, wear it, etc - you realize the finishing just inst on par with the last round of 316L reps.

thanks for your advice and sorry to hear about your frustration. i am thinking if send your watch for polishing service, would it help to reduce the sharp edges?

Waspy

Renowned Member
18/8/14
Wiltshire
Hello all,

occb2 smoke

Thanks in advance!

Yes Ryan is InTime.

Black one says 'Out of Stock' on his site.

https://www.intime03.co/rollie/4841...ob-1-1-best-edition-green-dial-on-sa3135.html

https://www.intime03.co/rollie/4839-submariner-116610-ln-black-ceramic-904l-v9-noob-1-1-best-edition-black-dial-on-sa3135.html

Waspy

Renowned Member
18/8/14
Wiltshire