• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v9 just appeared

focus66

19/8/12
So what you are saying is the V9 is basically the same as the V7. The changes Noob have made - somehow have not been made. I am confused?

Ill take your opinion on board and see how it lands when i see it. The insert will be be changed with ARF along with a gen DW and crystal. I honestly dont think its crap though. Its came on a lot.

All said and done, its a replica watch you aint getting a gen spec. I’m looking forward to getting hands on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, i am saying that the watch ryan sold you is not made from exactly the same parts the first batch, which has been deemed "THE" V9 here, was made of.

focus66

19/8/12
But wait for the experts...
I sent payment today for a "V9" LV and i am curious on what the will show me...

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
I think the thick datewheel may partly be down to overmagnigication due to the wrong crystal gasket being used. Could be wrong but wouldn't surprise me

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Ive a gen crystal sat waiting for my V9 hoping that will help a lot with the date issues, ordered at the start of the week just waiting on QC

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
No, i am saying that the watch ryan sold you is not made from exactly the same parts the first batch, which has been deemed "THE" V9 here, was made of.

Just checked “THE” V9 and I honestly cannot see how it is different. I am by no means an expert. But as you say see what the big dogs say.

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
focus66 the one you posted on the last page is a V7/V8 case but it does have the updated bezel. It’s not perfect, but it is way lighter than the dark ones on the last year of V7 production. But yeah that case suggests Noob still has stock of older parts that are making their way into assembly of the new lines. Let’s not forget that the factories don’t recognize the versions—they just make incremental improvements and dealers and people here decide when there’s a breaking point to a new one.

Reactions: ssouthall6

focus66

19/8/12
The bezel insert from my picture was from the last V7 batch and it was horrible. When "v9" initially came out, this was updated to a better colour, also i remember smoke talking about beveled numbers on it... the one on doms picture looks identical to the last v7 insert.
I think i will regret having given noob another chance. They are so f*cking inconsistent with their builds, at least when it comes to subs...

The Alchemy Index

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/6/15
My apologies to anyone ordering and not getting a V9, I’ve had it happen before and it sucks.

This is a big reason ARF May be my choice, you don’t even know if you’re getting a Noob V9

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
My apologies to anyone ordering and not getting a V9, I’ve had it happen before and it sucks.

This is a big reason ARF May be my choice, you don’t even know if you’re getting a Noob V9

open up a new thread for qc picts to ask the experts if it's v9 or v8 and reject if you don't like...take if you like...at the end of the day just be sure you are happy of what you approve...

71bucks

18/5/10
So what you are saying is the V9 is basically the same as the V7. The changes Noob have made - somehow have not been made. I am confused?

Ill take your opinion on board and see how it lands when i see it. The insert will be be changed with ARF along with a gen DW and crystal. I honestly dont think its crap though. Its came on a lot.

All said and done, its a replica watch you aint getting a gen spec. I’m looking forward to getting hands on it.

Where will you get an ARF bezel insert? Will you have to buy a whole ARF Hulk to get it?

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Where will you get an ARF bezel insert? Will you have to buy a whole ARF Hulk to get it?

that or just do a sponge bob mod..there is a new trusted vendor who does this mod for less..i did sponge because he was the only option...but i can tell you it was night and day..diffference

Reactions: dom1986

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15

this or wait for an m2m when/ if i decide to do it, i am confident the QC i approved from Ryan is a v9 i have compared to about 4 other confirmed v9 hulks on this thread. My experience of ryan is his QC pics lack natural light so the insert and bezel tend to look darker and not very bright. All being said ill ride my new one for a while and consider swapping out the insert for an ARF. Currently hunting for a gen Xtal and DW on ebay.

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
Vvvlllooo i didnt even think of this although i saw the new modder performing the platinum mod for 80 euro. Would you say this would be similar results to an ARF insert? do you have any before after pics of yours? if so could you post em or PM me? thanks

Rolex_007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/17
So if you get a passable V9 ... it is the best at the moment? Generic crystal always works... and quite cheap datewheel changed too... right insert color can be tuned by Spongebob or USD Plating here in Europe.... clasp nobody see on my wrist... after it is near perfect?

Reactions: TBMaui

71bucks

18/5/10
this or wait for an m2m when/ if i decide to do it, i am confident the QC i approved from Ryan is a v9 i have compared to about 4 other confirmed v9 hulks on this thread. My experience of ryan is his QC pics lack natural light so the insert and bezel tend to look darker and not very bright. All being said ill ride my new one for a while and consider swapping out the insert for an ARF. Currently hunting for a gen Xtal and DW on ebay.

Can you give your thoughts on whether my QC photos (which I approved) are a V9?

https://imgur.com/a/NggzT1y

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
@rolex007 yes. This has been confirmed by the experts in the forum. a figure of $12-1300 was mentioned for a fantastic rep. read the thread back its in there somewhere

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
Can you give your thoughts on whether my QC photos (which I approved) are a V9?

https://imgur.com/a/NggzT1y

As i said earlier, i am not an expert so wouldnt be able to definitively confirm this. Compare it to the QC pic i put up of mine earlier which is a v9 IMO based on previous confirmed v9's in this thread. You could also ask smoke for his opinion. General consensus is Ryan and Chazing have V9 stock although a lot are being confused with v8's.

71bucks

18/5/10
Wow you guys are amazing and at the same time I hope I never meet any of you :). Or that I’m wearing an skx when I do.

thank you!