• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v9 just appeared

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
N63otfg.jpg

here is a gen polished sub c clasp from the new skool gens some have brown text and others have silver text .this one look like it has a sticker still in place

Last edited:
Reactions: electric

gudzhi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
14/8/16
thanks for review.
have a qustion . If somebody can clarify it for me, it would be great..
If i want to mod only date wheel and crystal , what would be the best option for arf 2824?

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
thanks for review.
have a qustion . If somebody can clarify it for me, it would be great..
If i want to mod only date wheel and crystal , what would be the best option for arf 2824?

Crystal- Do you want gen or prof? It all comes down to how much you want to spend because a gen crystal is $350+
DW- Let the others chime in, but I think gen DW fits the 2824? I could be terribly wrong!

Reactions: occb2

gudzhi

MULTI ACCOUNT
14/8/16
thanks for reply ! @solex as for crystal i honestly dont know.. off course gen is gen. i am more concerned about cyclop and black hole effect. i thought may be it is possible just to swap arf cyclop to gen one.
But i didnt see that anybody discussed it

Reactions: occb2 and electric

The Alchemy Index

Put Some Respect On My Name
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/6/15
occb2 what do you think of jus replacing the click in the ARF? Or just living with the noob insert (doesn’t seem terrible, just not as good as ARF) coming from the prospective of someone who would buy to wear, maybe upgrade crystal and DW but no major mods.

Thanks for all your work, you are truly a cornerstone of the Rolex community here

Reactions: occb2

persianpirate

16/8/13
LA
Hello, i was a long time lurker but i joined you guys now. I was about to buy the noob v9 but the hour markers are looking yellow? Isn't that a problem? Or is this how it's supposed to be? https://www.tswatch01.com/mobile/goods.php?ProId=23009 ; in this video sometimes it's looking white, sometimes it's looking yellow.. Im confused. Sorry i am not a native english speaker. Edit: Sorry guys it was my gaming monitor's gaming mode.. It messed with colors :D

I received my V9 (904L SA3135) today and the first thing I noticed were that the markers, and especially the lume spots on the hands, have a slight yellow shade. It's not noticeable at a distance of 2 feet, but pretty clear up close. I might be paranoid....will compare to a spare older model noob dial I have when I get home.

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
occb2 what do you think of jus replacing the click in the ARF? Or just living with the noob insert (doesn’t seem terrible, just not as good as ARF) coming from the prospective of someone who would buy to wear, maybe upgrade crystal and DW but no major mods.

Thanks for all your work, you are truly a cornerstone of the Rolex community here

I'm selling gen 116610 click systems currenty check my sale threads .if you want that nice crispy click and gen feel.

Reactions: electric and occb2

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
I received my V9 (904L SA3135) today and the first thing I noticed were that the markers, and especially the lume spots on the hands, have a slight yellow shade. It's not noticeable at a distance of 2 feet, but pretty clear up close. I might be paranoid....will compare to a spare older model noob dial I have when I get home.

Let's see some pics!

persianpirate

16/8/13
LA
Let's see some pics!

Gotta apologies first - still at work so pictures are from my phone, a couple with a loupe. Bracelet is currently taking a bath, which is also why there's greasy fingerprints in the pics. I am not a sub expert by any means, but my initial thoughts are - lume on the hands looks yellowish, insert is definitely improved over V7 - doesn't have the peachy colors of the gen but nice and bright in low lighting (perhaps a little too white). The case looks thick but it's been a while since I've had my v7, I'll measure it with calipers when I get home. Not sure if it's the dial or rehaut that's slightly off center. Missed it in Josh's crappy QC pics but not a big deal to me. Anyway, here we go:

cBHJ7BF.jpg

w53Iqwd.jpg

tRysXd0.jpg

QelCynR.jpg

DrK69ds.jpg

L7aeFAZ.jpg

wDKXweR.jpg

IpR3yY0.jpg

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Gotta apologies first - still at work so pictures are from my phone, a couple with a loupe. Bracelet is currently taking a bath, which is also why there's greasy fingerprints in the pics. I am not a sub expert by any means, but my initial thoughts are - lume on the hands looks yellowish, insert is definitely improved over V7 - doesn't have the peachy colors of the gen but nice and bright in low lighting (perhaps a little too white). The case looks thick but it's been a while since I've had my v7, I'll measure it with calipers when I get home. Not sure if it's the dial or rehaut that's slightly off center. Missed it in Josh's crappy QC pics but not a big deal to me. Anyway, here we go:

cBHJ7BF.jpg

w53Iqwd.jpg

tRysXd0.jpg

QelCynR.jpg

DrK69ds.jpg

L7aeFAZ.jpg

wDKXweR.jpg

IpR3yY0.jpg

I'm sorry. Looks as though your hydra ring is not flush as per pic 5. It looks too be coming out of your bezel and almost on your crystal.

Also your pearl is really tall, or is it just the pic?

Is this a 2824 or a 3135?

Also for all of you who say that the 3135 sucks. Please stop. The 3135 while isn't the best isn't bad. My brother has a noob V7 with a SA3135 running for over a year with zero issues. While I am sure some suck as do some of the A2824. I can for heck sake say that a SH3135 serviced will kick the crap out of an A2824 or A2836 and can take real rolex dial, date wheel, hands, fit is a Rolex spec case. Behave and run like a rolex 3135. The stigma of a rep 3135 running crappy was a few years back. They have come a long way and people just love too talk.

Great example. The new noob 4130. They spent millions on copying the rolex 4130. I put them side too side and they look identical. Down too the finish and the gold engraving. Only the balance shows the difference.

I got mine a few weeks back. I went too adjust the hands and the crown came out and won't go back in. Now one would flip out. A $700 watch came in broken. (It is a rep of a $12000 plus) watch. I sent it out to my rolex buddy and he is replacing the part that broke in the keyless with a rolex part. But the movement is amazing. Yes there will issues. But bottom line, I can put a real Daytona dial, hands, crystal, bezel on that bad boy. Look forward too doing it. And its 904 case and band too boot! Amazing.

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
QC pics arrived from Ryan today if anyone is interested. I accepted as I understand what im buying - a rep. It looks fine to me. DW looks okay too considering most ive seen have been poor.

143837fd20290951dbf737ded0ff1e12.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Ordered a V9 3135 LV from Ryan: I just want the mid-case and the bracelet. The rest will be parted out completely.

V9 3135 LV seems to be in stock right now. I received QC from Ryan one day after payment went through. Very quick.

focus66

19/8/12
If you ask me, this looks 1:1 like the V7 of which i got qc in november 2017. Same CG, same inconsistent lug shape, and the worst: same pale greyish green insert...

rBFVY92.jpg

focus66

19/8/12
Wait... is yours 2836? There is a little difference on the inner edges of the cg's

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
If you ask me, this looks 1:1 like the V7 of which i got qc in november 2017. Same CG, same inconsistent lug shape, and the worst: same pale greyish green insert...

rBFVY92.jpg

Couldn’t disagree with you more. Go side for side - the insert is a different colour, the dial is a different colour, lug is also different not to mention the SEL fit which is much tighter

I opted for the 2836 movement as the 3135’s can break quick. I wanted some more reliability.

Reactions: pengo

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
The insert color looks not that bad compared to the "normal" dark ones which looks nothing like gen, this ones come closer but still to pale. But wtf is going on with the date wheel? They are way to thick printed and looking "cheap" ofcourse who cares but normally noob can do it better.

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
The insert color looks not that bad compared to the "normal" dark ones which looks nothing like gen, this ones come closer but still to pale. But wtf is going on with the date wheel? They are way to thick printed and looking "cheap" ofcourse who cares but normally noob can do it better.

This is the biggest flaw for me. Supposedly the best Hulk noob have made yet my CHS GMT has a better DW.

focus66

19/8/12
As you like, but i am convinced the insert on this is crap. Wait until you see it in sunlight. It will look grey then...

The dial? Did anybody mention the dial was updated in colour? I think it is just angle and lighting...

dom1986

Renowned Member
20/1/15
As you like, but i am convinced the insert on this is crap. Wait until you see it in sunlight. It will look grey then...

The dial? Did anybody mention the dial was updated in colour? I think it is just angle and lighting...

So what you are saying is the V9 is basically the same as the V7. The changes Noob have made - somehow have not been made. I am confused?

Ill take your opinion on board and see how it lands when i see it. The insert will be be changed with ARF along with a gen DW and crystal. I honestly dont think its crap though. Its came on a lot.

All said and done, its a replica watch you aint getting a gen spec. I’m looking forward to getting hands on it.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Its like everytime, noob just puts every parts together without any plan its really annoying i saw so many "mixxed" parts over the years.