• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v9 just appeared

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Thank you Rob! We have been waiting for your review for about a month now. I hope you can put this in your ARF 904L thread, as that's where I check every single day, he he. Am sure many memebers checked there, too.
Yes, looking forward to the ARF SH3135 myself.
Thanks for your hard work, buddy!

I will tag this in the ARF thread. I really didn't say much here about the ARF. The ARF is the best out of the box right now. Yea its a 2824 but really the crystal looks better and the insert looks amazing. I have seen some Q pictures showing the numbers off alignment. I am lucky too get one that looks good. The color is spot on. The Noob I am shocked, didn't get it. Some guys showed the hulk and as per the pic looked good. But it isn't sitting next too a real one. So the right lighting it will look fine.

The clasp also on the ARF looks so much better. Understand that the feel of the Noob is better. I do believe that if you handle rolexes or own a real 116610 the noob feels better. But the clasp could just need a nice cleaning and oiling and it will feel as good as the noob.

One big thing on both. I should upload the video I made. I made a 2 min video showing the clicks and stuff. I will. I'll publish it on you tube and put the link here. But you will hear the clicks. Big difference on real and ARF. Noob is ok. But really. I dont get how they missed the mark. I have a brand new set of clicks sealed. They were close too $200 buck but when you own a real 116610LV and the all real but case 116610LN with real bezel and clicks, it really stands out.

Keep MODDING!!!!!!

Reactions: efthimis

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Thank you!!! I have this question that I asked again but got no reply please.. this is my Hulk with gen crystal, DW, hands, movement, V6s bracelet and V7 dial, clasp.. insert done by Sponge.. I want 904 case and bracelet so should I go Noob V9 or wait for the ARF SH3135 version??? Need good SEL anyway, thanks!!

This is my Hulk
7f541538932cdb90cdb5720131c86a24.jpg

5ea1644b999c1f953d6f407a842b487e.jpg

53b1026ed55220ad01038bc6ecc8c34c.jpg

166be6d164b15db91daeb7bb62e47cf5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: pengo

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Thank you!!! I have this question that I asked again but got no reply please.. this is my Hulk with gen crystal, DW, hands, movement, V6s bracelet and V7 dial, clasp.. insert done by Sponge.. I want 904 case and bracelet so should I go Noob V9 or wait for the ARF SH3135 version??? Need good SEL anyway, thanks!!

This is my Hulk
7f541538932cdb90cdb5720131c86a24.jpg

5ea1644b999c1f953d6f407a842b487e.jpg

53b1026ed55220ad01038bc6ecc8c34c.jpg

166be6d164b15db91daeb7bb62e47cf5.jpg

Well that will be up to you. 904L doesn't look much different than the 316. I have my V6S case and while the V9 case does look better as far as rehaut, the V6S is still nice. It is the only case noob made that has the proper movement fitting. Yes the 7 and 8 can fit the 3135 in it. You don't have the proper cut out for the second case screw to fit in with out having too rotate the movement. But some people don't care. It can be done.

Your watch looks fine as is. If you want too buy a watch just too update to 904 then jump on it. I would not be happy if you are going through all this and you get a clasp that is crazy shiny. I would probably tell you too buy them both right now and hybrid it. That is just me. I would use the bracelet of the 116610ARF. But I haven't really played around with them yet and saw if the ARF bracelet would give you such a nice SEL. Truth be told, I might just flop the clasp of the ARF too the noob. I am defiantly putting the clasp on my real sides that are on my V6S build. I will also be using the V9 904 case too. I will be cutting out a movement tab in the noob 904 case and using that as my final build of the 116610LN. It will have the V9 904L case and the ARF 904 97200 clasp and the real 97200 sides with everything else real. That will be my daly watch along with my 16610LV and my 116610LV and now my 16710 Pepsi that I just got back a month ago. Those are my go too watches and I will rotate those. Got a few others that I will wear on special occasions.

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Well that will be up to you. 904L doesn't look much different than the 316. I have my V6S case and while the V9 case does look better as far as rehaut, the V6S is still nice. It is the only case noob made that has the proper movement fitting. Yes the 7 and 8 can fit the 3135 in it. You don't have the proper cut out for the second case screw to fit in with out having too rotate the movement. But some people don't care. It can be done.

Your watch looks fine as is. If you want too buy a watch just too update to 904 then jump on it. I would not be happy if you are going through all this and you get a clasp that is crazy shiny. I would probably tell you too buy them both right now and hybrid it. That is just me. I would use the bracelet of the 116610ARF. But I haven't really played around with them yet and saw if the ARF bracelet would give you such a nice SEL. Truth be told, I might just flop the clasp of the ARF too the noob. I am defiantly putting the clasp on my real sides that are on my V6S build. I will also be using the V9 904 case too. I will be cutting out a movement tab in the noob 904 case and using that as my final build of the 116610LN. It will have the V9 904L case and the ARF 904 97200 clasp and the real 97200 sides with everything else real. That will be my daly watch along with my 16610LV and my 116610LV and now my 16710 Pepsi that I just got back a month ago. Those are my go too watches and I will rotate those. Got a few others that I will wear on special occasions.
Thank you bro!! Decisions decisions then! I am thinking to just maybe get an ARF as it is, throw a nice crystal and DW on it and just keep it as my daily, less headaches since I don't mod myself... I have my gen batman and LMPO so I would be ok then.. I have my TC V7 as well with gen insert and crystal that I don't wear that much anymore so I might let this go... thanks again buddy!!!

Reactions: Nivka and occb2

siomayenak

Horology Curious
22/7/15
hey guys! so ryan now have stock for v9 sa3135. what i want to ask is. should i buy the sa3135 then replace with yuki or other gens part? (becausd after pages of research i found that sa3135 is not very reliable mvt)
or
should i take the a2836 mvt to minimize the risk?

bcs in my country its hard to find watch mechanic

thanks guys

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
occb2 Rob, thanks for the video. Very definitive. Big help in decision making.
efthimis nice build there, mate! IMHO, I would let that V6S be. Re the other points, I say I would wait for the ARF SH3135. $600 Reasons, among others: 1) ARF saves you $300 in Spongebob mod; and 2) ARF saves you $350 as there is no need for a gen crystal. Again, just my opinion.

tedit

Supporter
12/3/18
hey guys! so ryan now have stock for v9 sa3135. what i want to ask is. should i buy the sa3135 then replace with yuki or other gens part? (becausd after pages of research i found that sa3135 is not very reliable mvt)
or

thanks guys

I would go with tha a2836. Its more reliable and much easier to fix if sth goes wrong

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
efthimis nice build there, mate! IMHO, I would let that V6S be. Re the other points, I say I would wait for the ARF SH3135. $600 Reasons, among others: 1) ARF saves you $300 in Spongebob mod; and 2) ARF saves you $350 as there is no need for a gen crystal. Again, just my opinion.

Spongebob is $195

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
So. Real quick. Here is my opinion. And every one has an opinion. I believe that the ARF is amazing as is. This is the watch you should get if you want too throw on a watch and run with it as is. The noob is more my type of watch. One where you get a case and grow with it.

The perfect rep of the 116610 like I said is fro Rolex and Rolex alone.

If I were buying a watch right now I would buy both the ARF and the noob V9. I would take the bezel from the ARF and the clasp from the ARF and put it on the Noob V9 3135 116610LN. I would also get a date wheel and replace it and a crystal and replace it. You would have a 116610LN that is less than $1500 and it will be amazing! Period. We have come a long way.

The noob V9 is $528. I got it from Ryan.

The ARF is $478 I got that from Angus.

A date wheel is around $100-$150
A crystal is about $325-$350 new.

Total would be $1500 max for the combo and the end result will be amazing. Period. This hobby has come a long way!!!!! Right now no need for dial, hands even insert with the ARF. The crown is nice too. Smooth and catches well. I have not pressure checked them but will be in the future.

I hope this helps people. Any questions I am here and I am sure others will be able too answer.

smoke I am sure you will get a million questions. LOL.

Would the arf insert just swap over to the noob v9? I’ve read in the past that it would not fit, is this correct?

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16

This is my Hulk

Wouldn't change a damn thing as that looks really nice as is !!

efthimis

Mythical Poster
20/6/15
Thank you very much, will wait for a good insert and maybe dial in the years to come, having now time--proofed the watch with an original and serviced 3135 movement!!

Princewilliam

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
27/7/15
Thank you very much, will wait for a good insert and maybe dial in the years to come, having now time--proofed the watch with an original and serviced 3135 movement!!

I’m not sure there will ever be a perfect insert, we’ve already had inserts that look gen in certain light, yours looks good. Unless you have a gen insert you will feel something is wrong with yours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Silvester

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/18
or

thanks guys

A2836 are the better movements.
Unless you want to spend a lot of money on the 31XX movements....

It still will be a replica watch..

Smoke

Legendary Member
18/3/13
So. Real quick. Here is my opinion. And every one has an opinion. I believe that the ARF is amazing as is. This is the watch you should get if you want too throw on a watch and run with it as is. The noob is more my type of watch. One where you get a case and grow with it.

The perfect rep of the 116610 like I said is fro Rolex and Rolex alone.

If I were buying a watch right now I would buy both the ARF and the noob V9. I would take the bezel from the ARF and the clasp from the ARF and put it on the Noob V9 3135 116610LN. I would also get a date wheel and replace it and a crystal and replace it. You would have a 116610LN that is less than $1500 and it will be amazing! Period. We have come a long way.

The noob V9 is $528. I got it from Ryan.

The ARF is $478 I got that from Angus.

A date wheel is around $100-$150
A crystal is about $325-$350 new.

Total would be $1500 max for the combo and the end result will be amazing. Period. This hobby has come a long way!!!!! Right now no need for dial, hands even insert with the ARF. The crown is nice too. Smooth and catches well. I have not pressure checked them but will be in the future.

I hope this helps people. Any questions I am here and I am sure others will be able too answer.

smoke I am sure you will get a million questions. LOL.

Your opinion is the same as mine.as in the v9 is the best case shame about the movement cut out :(
like I said in the beginning I would take the v9 and use the arf insert.but I would keep the v9 bezel assembly

I Did not see pics of the clasp logo v9 vs arf.im assuming the arf crown logo is too fat and big like it was in the proto
but I can say the roundness and shape of the clasp is nicer on the arf
you did not post Rehaut engraving pics.but I guess everyone already knows the v9 is the Rehaut king

for me the best points of the arf are the hands and the insert and the braclett

for the v9 the best points are the case and the braclett and the bezel assembly aesthetics.

Both watches need a gen xtal and datedisc

Last edited: