• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob v9 just appeared

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Yes, this one is from intime (Ryan). Asked for a swap but they wouldn't do it. So canceled my order and waiting for the refund...

Shiiiiit , Waiting on my QC hope I dont have to take a refund already ordered a couple franken bits

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Ordered a V9 3135 LV from Ryan: I just want the mid-case and the bracelet. The rest will be parted out completely.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Ok. The V9 finally came in. Looks good. Here is my take on the watches. I will post pics in a second.

All of them have their strong points. The ARF right now is only in 2824. The strong points in the ARF is the bezel insert number colors. I am lucky to have got one that the numbers are not off. So when you do your QC pics make sure you look at that. The band on the ARF is a lot nicer as far as engraving. The SEL engraving is the closest I have seen too Rolex and even the 7 has the serif. Will post pics. The clasp looks amazing but the feeling of the sliding in of the quick scuba extension feels cheaper on the ARF than the Noob V9.

The case of the V9 is amazing. The SEL, the crown guards are amazing as are the lugs size. The case back looks just like a real one. The inside of the case looks like a V7 3135. There is no notch like rolex puts in so the movement to just fall in and align. One will either have too cut a notch or put a case screw on a 3135 and rotate the movement on the dial that will be on the bottom of the rehaut, then put the other case screw on and then align and install. But not a big deal in my opinion. The case is still freaking amazing and 904. So it will be my go too case.

So in my full opinion one should buy both the ARF and the Noob V9 and use the band of the ARF and the insert, maybe full bezel, from the ARF. As far as crystals go. The ARF is nicer. The clarity of the Cyclops is much better. The Noob as a little blue hint too it but isn't bad at all. The dial are great. The hands on the ARF are not good. They are 2824 and seem really fat too me. I would defiantly change the date wheel on both. The magnification seems off on the ARF and the font seems off on the Noob.

In other words there still is no perfect Rolex 116610LN. If you want one that you are just going too buy and wear and do nothing too but just beat up. I would recommend the ARF 116610LN 904 A2824. It has the best crystal from the distance and also the bezel. The band looks the closest as far as font and engraving. That will have a A2824.

If you want one too modify. Go for the Noob V9 904 SA3135 116610LN. It will give you an amazing case too start, which is 904. That is really the only reason I would get the V9. The clasp feels better but the engraving looks wrong compared too my real bands. Unless Rolex changed their engraving in the last few years. I have both a smooth finish and a non smooth finished one. I will show pics too show what I am talking about.

While the noob V9 really feels better in the hand. Feels more like a Rolex with the band and flow, the ARF looks a little better. I am talking minor though. If you want a watch to upgrade get the noob. The case of the V9 is freaking amazing. It is 904 and it will take all rolex parts. The bezel engraving of the numbers is way too white when compared too a real rolex and the ARF. ARF really did an amazing job with the bezel. I'm impressed. As far as crowns go they both can pass. The ARF is a bit higher. I think I would have too play around with it and maybe countersink the tube.

I will be playing around with them both over the next few weeks too see what needs too be done. Mostly on the Noob because I want too keep the case for my watch. I will defiantly be keeping the clasp of the ARF and probably breaking up the rest of the watch and selling the parts. I will keep you guys informed. I also may make a hybrid of both and raffle or sale it. Don't know yet.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
IMG_2163.jpg

Here is the clasp. The left is the full real Rolex. The center is the ARF and the right is the Noob. The ARF and the real one are spot on. Down too the brown/tan tint in the engraving. The noob is completely shinny. The finish on the 904 is also better on the ARF than the noob. Do not get me wrong. The noob feels amazing. The clasp on the noob feels better when adjusting but a good cleaning and oiling and I think the ARF will be there.

But look at the cases! The real one and the Noob are spot on! The ARF is ok but bit prefect like the others. Also see what I was talking about the crown. On the ARF seems lifted. That is screwed all the way in.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
IMG_2146.jpg

This is the ARF SEL for the 97200

IMG_2157.jpg

This is a real 97200 bracelet.

IMG_2114.jpg

Noob V9 97200 bracelet.

Reactions: Rep Enthusiast

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
IMG_2131.jpg

Noob on top and real minus case on the bottom. The case on the bottoms V6S noob. The big difference is the color of the engraving. The ARF is so much better. Also notice the pearl on the Noob. It is a little smaller than real while the ARF is spot on.

IMG_2133.jpg

Left is all real minus the V6S case 116610LN and the right is ARF. Amazing insert. Very excited too see a 3135 version come out of this! The SEL isn't perfect on the ARF but the band is sweet. Here you can see the difference in a real crystal and an aftermarket. Even though the crystal is good, nothing can beat Rolex.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
IMG_2032.jpg

This was the start. LOL.

IMG_2035.jpg

Total weight of the ARF with all links added.

IMG_2034.jpg

Total weight of noob V9 with all links added.

IMG_2036.jpg

Total weight of all real minus the v6s case minus one link.

IMG_2038.jpg

Weight of Real 116610LV added the missing link. It shows too me how much noob even paid attention too total weight. It is spot on with the noob V9!

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Nice write up so far. For QC picts also watch the date alignment too as I can see a tint of the movement. Will have to get it centered.

Last edited:

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
IMG_2058.jpg

Real

IMG_2067.jpg

Noob V6S case 116610LN with all rolex parts.

IMG_2113.jpg

Look at how beautiful the steel is finished here. Very nice job by noob. They failed too cut a notch for the movement like Rolex does. I will do it when I pull it apart. My pet peeve! LOL. But all in all it is a beauty of a case. Very good job by Noob really.

IMG_2101.jpg

Noob V9 3135

This is telling me that the crystal gasket used it wrong crystal hight. This may be the reason that the date looks off on the watch. The crystal is a little high.

IMG_2087.jpg
\
ARF uses the A2824. Power house for a long time now in the rep world.

IMG_2074.jpg
I

ARF has a better lot better thickness. I would bet crystal is too blame.

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
Yes, this one is from intime (Ryan). Asked for a swap but they wouldn't do it. So canceled my order and waiting for the refund...

They wouldn't swap? What's the point of QC pics if they won't let you change out for another? I'm actually surprised a TD can do that and keep TD status.

Reactions: Mr.Paneristi

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Lets take a close look at the V9 3135 116610LN.

IMG_2185.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

Here in this pic you can see a few things. The machining of the scallops also the engraving of of the ceramic. Looks ok. But really the color isn't there yet for Noob. The LEC looks nice but look at the date. The 30 is large. I bet its all about the crystal. Throw in the proper gasket or a real crystal and that will be corrected. But they did an amazing job in General. Now if we could put the ARF insert into this or maybe the whole ARF bezel would pop on. I will know later when I start playing around. I dont see why they won't. They are both suppose too take real rolex parts. One last thing. I will post a better pic but look how good they got the rehaut engraving. Wow. Lots of improvements.

IMG_2130.jpg

IMG_2129.jpg

Nice but not real looking.

IMG_2128.jpg

IMG_2127.jpg

IMG_2126.jpg

IMG_2125.jpg

IMG_2124.jpg

IMG_2123.jpg

IMG_2117.jpg

IMG_2116.jpg

The total build quality of the Noob bracelet is amazing. The fit is amazing. The only issue is the look of the font. Which really who cares.

IMG_2115.jpg

IMG_2114.jpg

IMG_2150.jpg

Top is the Noob. See the difference? The bottom is the ARF which I will show you looks just like the real Rolex. Down too the color of the engraving. While the Noob looks nice and maybe one year rolex made the clasp like this. Actually smoke Do you know? I would love too know. I have both the finished one and the non finished one and they both have a brown color too the engraving.

IMG_2152.jpg

Noob V9

IMG_2155.jpg

Real Rolex

IMG_2159.jpg

ARF. I think ARF has this one. But look at this pic. Besides that my hulk is dirty, LOL, the ARF end link looks like it doesn't fit the case perfectly. While the real Rolex corner isn't 100% filled there is a lot more room on the ARF SEL. But also look at the finish of the ARF steel! They did an amazing job also. I for one can't wait for an ARF 3135 116610 case!!!!!

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
They wouldn't swap? What's the point of QC pics if they won't let you change out for another? I'm actually surprised a TD can do that and keep TD status.

I am sure there is a lot more too that story. Ryan would swap. If you are a customer and deny a bunch of QC pics they will stop. If you deny one or two and maybe even three they will still try. I saw them do that with the JF 16610. People were expecting a $7000 Rolex for $400 dollars and would turn down even QC pic. I think people forget we are buying reps. Only perfect Rolex is from the R factory. R stand for "Rolex" so I don't get a ton of messages asking me how can they order from the R factory! LOL.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
So. Real quick. Here is my opinion. And every one has an opinion. I believe that the ARF is amazing as is. This is the watch you should get if you want too throw on a watch and run with it as is. The noob is more my type of watch. One where you get a case and grow with it.

The perfect rep of the 116610 like I said is fro Rolex and Rolex alone.

If I were buying a watch right now I would buy both the ARF and the noob V9. I would take the bezel from the ARF and the clasp from the ARF and put it on the Noob V9 3135 116610LN. I would also get a date wheel and replace it and a crystal and replace it. You would have a 116610LN that is less than $1500 and it will be amazing! Period. We have come a long way.

The noob V9 is $528. I got it from Ryan.

The ARF is $478 I got that from Angus.

A date wheel is around $100-$150
A crystal is about $325-$350 new.

Total would be $1500 max for the combo and the end result will be amazing. Period. This hobby has come a long way!!!!! Right now no need for dial, hands even insert with the ARF. The crown is nice too. Smooth and catches well. I have not pressure checked them but will be in the future.

I hope this helps people. Any questions I am here and I am sure others will be able too answer.

smoke I am sure you will get a million questions. LOL.

Kuyajeje

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/9/13
Thank you for this very informative write up on these two amazing watches ....

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Thank you for this very informative write up on these two amazing watches ....

Anytime brother.

I am going too do a better review. But a lot of people have been waiting for my answer for awhile. I felt I had to write something.

Reactions: SWI

joyjoyk

Known Member
10/3/18
Thanks for all your time with the pics.. Really does help. To be honest I don't see anyone calling out either rep on the street or even when they handle it briefly. Most members here probably wouldnt be able to tell except for you super gurus.
Thanks again! beautiful watches

Reactions: occb2

thinwhiteduke

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/16
Thank you Rob! We have been waiting for your review for about a month now. I hope you can put this in your ARF 904L thread, as that's where I check every single day, he he. Am sure many memebers checked there, too.
Yes, looking forward to the ARF SH3135 myself.
Thanks for your hard work, buddy!