• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF SD43 photo review compared to a genuine example.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
So did somebody test the magnification cyclops? Is the AR coating (aka Black Hole effect) behind it or coated on it? Because somebody had the problem that the AR goes away after more usage which would look like shit on the cyclops.

Would be quiet interesting.

tribal

Renowned Member
27/3/06
Germany
So did somebody test the magnification cyclops? Is the AR coating (aka Black Hole effect) behind it or coated on it? Because somebody had the problem that the AR goes away after more usage which would look like shit on the cyclops.

Would be quiet interesting.
Bullshit, the AR coating is under the Cyclops.

martinpaynebfc

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/11/16
5690f39121db6e4ada56b56ce3044a31.jpg
I Just Received this on Friday, Looks Good Any Opinions are Welcome too, however the bezel is very loose, anyone know who could help in the UK Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: De Kev

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
at least in gen crystal, i agree with tribal, AR is below cyclops

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Thats why the black hole effect is there but on replicas its not thats why the ARF black hole effect is weaker than gen.

Rustyrust

29/5/18
Yup after a couple times wiping the xstal with a cloth it seems the 'black hole' has weakened. Nat good

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
So the AR coating is on the magnification? Like i thought and thats not good its like a 2xAR crystal often the outside AR gets scratched very easy.

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
Had mine since December last year and I regularly clean it. I haven't noticed any deterioration in black hole effect.

Here's a snap from last weekend
a40f452b1f267ff0e09ce1e1afabadbb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: freediver

Alex1976

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/2/17
Had mine since December last year and I regularly clean it. I haven't noticed any deterioration in black hole effect.

Here's a snap from last weekend
a40f452b1f267ff0e09ce1e1afabadbb.jpg

Awesome, looks still like new, how do you clean it?

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
Just use soapy water once a week and use a high quality polishing ultra fine microfiber cloth

The ones that came with my Porsche design sunnies. I have few of them with me. Just use that daily

I try and not use the standard microfiber as it's not the best.

zoabrigo

30/12/16
A while back I was curiously interested in this model as I have a genuine one. Angus kindly selected a nice example for me to review against my gen which was the updated date wheel model, this was before the rotor was updated so it only has the updated date wheel.

Unfortunately when it arrived it had been damaged in transit as the stem had broken so the crown fell off when I unwound it. It was sent off for repair but then arrived back with the movement dead, dirt I guess from the broken stem, I’m just waiting now to send it back out again for repair and thought it a good time to take the photos as now I can change the date.

I was shocked at how well made the watch is, I have 20 or so reps 10 of which are super reps and 10 or so gens and this compares well.

The following photos have the Gen on the left or on top, I’ve just taken photos more or less of items that may potentially have some difference.

IMG_0880_zpspcirsu3p.jpg

The following photo shows how close the mid case is, and highlights how the bezel scallops have been cut too deep

crown%20gaurds_zpstu2kcb0h.jpg

IMG_0886_zpshokgz0ka.jpg

Weights, size and thickness are very close

gen%20weights_zpsqyhvfucf.jpg

sizes_zpsaspyanuv.jpg

Both dials are glossy finish but the indices have been slightly over pressed on to the dial creating a ripple

clasp%20and%20reflectivety_zpse1quyvpf.jpg

sea%20dweller%20type%20face_zpsx5mzicxg.jpg

Pearl is good, paint colour a little out

pearls_zps3hmrfmoe.jpg

And now the date wheel, magnification of the cyclops is the main problem

Dates%201-15_zpsvmsjeri4.jpg

Dates%2016-31_zps7v9v8b3m.jpg

I hope this was helpful (I've edited the text at the top to the correct way round - Gen is on the left)

Is this the v2 or v1?