• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF SD43 photo review compared to a genuine example.

Alex1976

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/2/17
What was the wait like with Lucy from order to QC? She's just taken my order for the ARF sub - she said there's a 1-2 week backlog from the factory at the moment.
I'm fine with it - I just got my SD43 back from having the the hands re-set properly so I can finally enjoy that for a while - I ordered it on March 11.

I'd post pics of it but i keep getting this dumbshit message from the forum - file i tried to upload is 42k...

I have ordered/ payed with Lucy on the 10th April, received QC pictures on the 4th May (she changed 1 watch before that since she was not happy with the QC), had a few comments and wait now for additional QC pics.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
I have ordered/ payed with Lucy on the 10th April, received QC pictures on the 4th May (she changed 1 watch before that since she was not happy with the QC), had a few comments and wait now for additional QC pics.

cool, yeah I was expecting 4-5 weeks. I know she's not the fastest, but so far I like that she explains things well and you actually get much more than a 4 word sentence per day from her.

knol

17/8/16
What was the wait like with Lucy from order to QC? She's just taken my order for the ARF sub - she said there's a 1-2 week backlog from the factory at the moment.
I'm fine with it - I just got my SD43 back from having the the hands re-set properly so I can finally enjoy that for a while - I ordered it on March 11.

I'd post pics of it but i keep getting this dumbshit message from the forum - file i tried to upload is 42k...

difficult to say what the waiting line is because when i first ordered the watch i had to wait for the latest batch to be released. But i made the order in the first week of april. rehaut was not centered on my watch and she had her watchsmith fix it.
If you want to upload pics you can not do that directly through the forum . I always use imgur.com. very easy, no need to sign in just upload a picture you want and get the share link and copy that in your post

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
knol; said:
If you want to upload pics you can not do that directly through the forum . I always use imgur.com. very easy, no need to sign in just upload a picture you want and get the share link and copy that in your post

yeah, can't be bothered with all that image hosting stuff. Life is complicated enough.
I know it's easy, but not for me - I'm in my 40's and I don't like learning anything new.

Palace

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/4/18
Germany
Thank you for the detailed comparison. The Sea Dweller is one of my grails and I am really debating to get one now.

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
Thank you for the detailed comparison. The Sea Dweller is one of my grails and I am really debating to get one now.

You can't go wrong with one of these Palace, its an excellent rep.

Hakai

11/6/18
Anyone got a comparison between the bezel insert between v2 and v1. Did they fix the dark bezle insert colour ?

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
No change to the bezel insert between V1 and V2 only the date font and the rotar

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
i thought that on v1 the numbers were cut a bit too deep on the insert

Angus spoke to the factory owner and he confirmed that the only official updates on the V2 are date wheel and rotor.

There has been some batch variation on the bezel teeth so there could also be some on the number depth, If I remember correctly they appear to be a fraction deeper than gen in close up photos but it's actually more that the top corner is less rounded. On the wrist they look very similar so it's not an issue to worry about and the insert is still one of the best made.

As soon as a revision or another update is made to this model I'll buy one and do another comparison.

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
Yes Rina same watch. Thanks HC, I may do some angled close up comparisons of the hands and cyclops magnification.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
So whos recently bought one? Is the date mag 100% accurate to gen now? That is my only pet peeve after having 4 of these in my hands.