• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF SD43 photo review compared to a genuine example.

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
^^^^^^
THIS!
Thanks a million mate, incredible thread!

Now, not sure if it’s just the plastic sticker over the clasp lock, but it seems a bit off.
Other than that and a custom DW the ARF SD43 looks awesome indeed.

Yes the clasp is quite different in the photos, crown logo size and shape and the cut out to get your nail under too. I did not notice this when I had the pair in the hand, only when I took the close up pics!
The AR coating on the cyclops is not colourless like the gen either, but quite close for a rep.

Reactions: paulvillo

Big_Pilot

26/5/17
Thanks for putting the effort in to compare the v1 and v2 version with the Gen. The bezel teeth seem to be very close on the updated v2 version.

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
Thanks for putting the effort in to compare the v1 and v2 version with the Gen. The bezel teeth seem to be very close on the updated v2 version.

The photos of the one I posted was the updated version, It's a little unclear at the moment if the better bezel teeth are on all the V2's as some dealers are quoting date font and rotor as the only changes.
If other members can confirm this on new arrivals it might shed some light on what has been changed, we can then figure out what we would like updated for V3 :)

Pelagic

Renowned Member
30/8/07
The photos of the one I posted was the updated version, It's a little unclear at the moment if the better bezel teeth are on all the V2's as some dealers are quoting date font and rotor as the only changes.
If other members can confirm this on new arrivals it might shed some light on what has been changed, we can then figure out what we would like updated for V3 :)

Haven’t had a chance to dig to deep into mine haven’t even pulled the plastic of it. I can say though the bezel teeth are a huge improvement from my previous version. They aren’t as sharp and less pointed. The bezel function is improved as well. Cyclops mag looks to be still off. When I get some time I’ll post some proper pics.

Sent from the RWI App

darvistor

Horology Curious
17/4/18
Very nice looking watch. Is the Cyclops position something that could very greatly in QC pics you may get?

t.j

Horology Curious
16/11/17
Thanks to the Op for the thread, loved looking through and being able to compare the two. :D

Red Mamba

Supporter
Certified
6/4/18
Italy
Thanks for the review, i bought one of this,i look forward to receiving it!

Alex1976

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/2/17
Just received my QC pics and not hundred percent sure about the date-wheel alignment and magnification.

Any feedback and comments from the experts are highly appreciated!

Thank you very much

Alex
OkYAawR

OkYAawR

https://imgur.com/OkYAawR

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
Hi Alex, The magnification is about right for this rep, you are correct that the date wheel is a faction left, I'd ask for some more photos of dates 28 and 30, also ask for the cyclops to be cleaned.

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
I have now ask Angus about the possible newer model with the updated bezel teeth and will let you know in more detail when he finds out.
If it is in fact an update and not a batch variation I will purchase one and update this thread showing this and any other changes.

Reactions: soni04al

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
The difference is quite subtle and its hard to tell from the photo you have posted Alex, around 4 o'clock it certainly looks like the original and V2 which is the slightly deeper cut//sharper teeth (the angle of the cutter is also differant to gen as it is more eliptical on the rep) but around 9 o'clock it looks a little better. Personally I wouldn't worry too much as it's not really noticeable on the wrist. The clasp logo is better on the earlier examples so some things are better on one, and other things are better on others. There could be an infinate number of micro variations on this depending on how old the machine was that they cut them with, some of the teeth I have seen look about half way between the ones I've posted and the gen too.
There are some other micro variations too like the length of the hands and the radius of the top of the bezel cutouts etc. but in the end its close enough and has a gen like feel in the hand and on the wrist.

Reactions: Alex1976

Alex1976

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/2/17
acmcc Thank you very much, excellent thread and fantastic advise :)!

knol

17/8/16
The difference is quite subtle and its hard to tell from the photo you have posted Alex, around 4 o'clock it certainly looks like the original and V2 which is the slightly deeper cut//sharper teeth (the angle of the cutter is also differant to gen as it is more eliptical on the rep) but around 9 o'clock it looks a little better. Personally I wouldn't worry too much as it's not really noticeable on the wrist. The clasp logo is better on the earlier examples so some things are better on one, and other things are better on others. There could be an infinate number of micro variations on this depending on how old the machine was that they cut them with, some of the teeth I have seen look about half way between the ones I've posted and the gen too.
There are some other micro variations too like the length of the hands and the radius of the top of the bezel cutouts etc. but in the end its close enough and has a gen like feel in the hand and on the wrist.

puretime updated the pictures on their site to the one with the updated bezel teeth. have not seen other dealers do this.

https://puretime.io/watch-brands/rol...-a2824-v2.html

Last edited:

knol

17/8/16
This doesn’t look like the updated version to me. Look how the scallop is beveled to the insert. The bevel is closer to the insert on the earlier version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this pic sure looks like updated bezelteeth, its confusing sometimes

YFzhWnS.jpg

acmcc

Supporter
Certified
3/4/14
I think that is the older bezel teeth, the other referance point is the distance from the insert to the edge of the cut as in the pearl photo.