• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Midcase is fatter yes, as shown in other threads but in hand it’s negligible compared to Gen and I did. What I did is I’ve tried a few of the other makers too before I cast any judgement. Noob, VR, DJf the overall fit and finish of the ARF just feels like a luxury watch. The hands and dial, insert are pretty unbelievable for a rep. Others can have flat hands or hands too close to the dial, The pearl isn’t ugly and sticking out, insert is spot on too for engraving colour etc, Even with the marginally fatter case, I’d choose it anyday over the others. Just my opinion of course. All subs need xtal mod!

The reps have leaped bounds compared to a couple of years ago, I don't think you can go wrong with any one of them, pick your poison. The ones you had mentions are the best..but let's not get it twisted though...I have gens and can totally feel the difference (fatter lugs), and because of my OCD..see it. The difference is what is your goal when you build, 1:1 or the cheapest?? Hard to tell, any rep, 5 feet away, even canal reps. Let's not spread rumors. It's what you can live with.

Reactions: recan1ze and xartan

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
It’s not platinum it’s white paint. But yeah some people have reported to see it flake off within a few days others are more lucky.

My impression is it’s not a widespread problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: recan1ze

itwastyped

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/4/19
It looks like the buckle on my clasp somehow has a gap on the left side. Any ideas on how to fix? Everything feels secured when I try to push it in
281705b412606e76045a614335aacc57.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
ARF-2824.jpg

Here's mine. The cyclops reflects a lot of light (looks ok in pictures though) and the DW is thick, specially in the 20's. :D But overall, it feels really solid on the wrist. I'm glad I got the ARF. I was afraid of the 2824 because of the datechange, but the DW only starts moving at 23h40-23h45 and snaps at midnight. :) That's more than ok for me.
Keeping this for a couple weeks, then I will consider some mods. :)

Last edited:

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Are the SELs supposed to be more recessed than this? I think it looks ok. Already accepted.

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
I just don't wear my ARF on the 20th to the 31st of each month tbh. It looks super bold on these dates - sort of makes me wish I got a no date. If ARF ever made a no date sub, I would sell my 116610 and grab that one immediately.

Reactions: Rolemars

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Like other sub reps it needs a gen dwo and gen xtal IMO. The boldness is particularely pronounced on the ARF though.

tennismichi

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/6/19
Just a gen dial and patience. Basically swapped dials and removed calender parts. Looks pretty good for a rep with just that upgrade.

Love it! Am really thinking about doing this mod because the dw looks really terrible.
Do you know any good watch smiths in europe who would do this?
What would you suggest for a better dw for an ARF? :)

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Love it! Am really thinking about doing this mod because the dw looks really terrible.

If it was my watch I would do DW overlay with Gen datewheel..can't beat Gen date wheel. I don't know anyone from there but if you look at the mod section, there are a lot of good mod d ers there. Otherwise, source a gen dial with no date and install, have a modder also do that as you have to cut the feet.

Last edited:

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU

Either swap a gen dial and have an amazing no date submariner or get a gen datewheel and prof/gen crystal. Do a quick search here and you'll find some watch smiths / modders which have done this job many times. :) I'm actually going through the same process, received my ARF yesterday. ;)

Last edited: