• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Has any of you guys tried the ARF bracelet on a VRF? I'm wondering if it will fit properly. I might just buy one and try and then resell it if it doesn't fit.

What about the crystal? As far as I've seen all VRFs have o ly 2x magnification on the cyclops, or has that changed?

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
What about the crystal? As far as I've seen all VRFs have o ly 2x magnification on the cyclops, or has that changed?

Well I'm waiting for my VRF to arrive. I think the cyclops is not the best so I already ordered a prof xtal to swap in. I'm really hoping the ARF bracelet would fit.

Edit: I'll tell you what I think about the stock xtal when I get the watch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hinclimincli

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I completely understand what you mean, yep. I had a couple of 16610LN reps and always favored the 116610 just because the same points (rattly bracelet mainly). But I also love the way an old scratched beaten up 16610 looks. I ended up getting myself a Ginault which has the best of both worlds (solid glidelock bracelet, 5-digit case) but I'm considering getting a 6-digit sports watch too as I like the looks. I have a Noob v8 GMT that should be in the post today, so let's see if that scratches the itch. If not, I might end up with a V9 Sub A2836 and ask the TD to source one with decent SEL. I'll add an ARF bracelet if SELs are crap although I understand that's a hit or miss, isn't it?

Ginault, wow nice watch. Ive kept my eye out on them. They do combine the best out of both worlds. How do you like it so far? ARF bracelet is a hit or miss but if it doesn't work you can sell it, buy a new one. Ryan, from intime, sourced me one and it was pretty solid. Key is just look at the QC's very good. The light hides the SELs but you can get a good one. Good luck with the Noob GMT..this is a baaaaaaddddd hobby.

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Has any of you guys tried the ARF bracelet on a VRF? I'm wondering if it will fit properly. I might just buy one and try and then resell it if it doesn't fit.

No, but keep us updated. I assume it would fit and you're exactly right, if it does not fit, sell it!

itwastyped

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/4/19
Is the thicker dw font usually due to the cyclops magnification or the dw itself? I'm trying to decide if I should get a gen xtal or dwo first
7443773878a562b7a8d5150b6f479686.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Is the thicker dw font usually due to the cyclops magnification or the dw itself? I'm trying to decide if I should get a gen xtal or dwo first
7443773878a562b7a8d5150b6f479686.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

People had said it’s the cyclops but I totally disagree. It’s the datewheel boldness print itself..judge for yourself. I know it’s the 3135 datewheel but the 20s on the 2824 are just as bad for boldness.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/326143-3135-date-disc-options

Alibaba89

Horology Curious
27/4/19
Hello guys I'm new on the forum but I have been reading on here for a year. I'm looking for a good 6 digit ootb black sub. I definitely need an eta clone one. Can this version accept gen datewheel or how can we swap the dw into something better and not that thick? Is there any news about the nev versions having better dws? Thanks.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Honestly I don't think it needs any change at all. I'd be happy to wear the ARF with no mods.

Keniath

16/9/16
Upper Austria, Linz
Honestly I don't think it needs any change at all. I'd be happy to wear the ARF with no mods.

I was wearing the original ARF 2824 version when it came out with thin datewheel font and it still didnt feel that right. Magnification was wrong also. Changed to Gen crystal and Datewheel and the difference is night and day

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I was wearing the original ARF 2824 version when it came out with thin datewheel font and it still didnt feel that right. Magnification was wrong also. Changed to Gen crystal and Datewheel and the difference is night and day

This....is the best way to fix it

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
But since gen date wheel doesn’t fit in 2824. How did you get around that?

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Please do some searching, has been discussed to death

I know about ovelays and stuff. I’m just curious as he didn’t mention anything about that. He said he intalled a 3135 datewheel in the A2824. I’m glad you try to educate me. Very helpful.

Last edited:

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I’m pretty sure he (modded) overlaid it. There’s no way around it.

Yeah that’s what I thought. It’s the wording that he said he installed a gen datewheel in the A2824 that I was curious about. Haven’t heard about that before so that would be new since as we know it doesn’t fit.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Yeah that’s what I thought. It’s the wording that he said he installed a gen datewheel in the A2824 that I was curious about. Haven’t heard about that before so that would be new since as we know it doesn’t fit.

Yes, agreed..curious also, great point

Reactions: Lariram

Keniath

16/9/16
Upper Austria, Linz
I know about ovelays and stuff. I’m just curious as he didn’t mention anything about that. He said he intalled a 3135 datewheel in the A2824. I’m glad you try to educate me. Very helpful.

my watchsmith did that and from what i know the gen datewheel overlay is glued onto the 2824 datewheel. dont know any more details unfortunately about the process
you cant just swap them out like that but ask your modder if he can perform this for you.
interaktiv did it for me and did a fantastic job

VMqY0F.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: freediver

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
my watchsmith did that and from what i know the gen datewheel overlay is glued onto the 2824 datewheel. dont know any more details unfortunately about the process
you cant just swap them out like that but ask your modder if he can perform this for you.
interaktiv did it for me and did a fantastic job

VMqY0F.jpg

Looks fantastic buddy

Reactions: xartan and Keniath

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Yeah it’s awesome. Totally different watch than with the stock arf date.