• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

MM070

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/6/18
How are the latest a2824 models (especially LN) seen some lately with awful DW font, very bold like sh3135 model? Is this the new general for arf or just accidental few pieces

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
How are the latest a2824 models (especially LN) seen some lately with awful DW font, very bold like sh3135 model? Is this the new general for arf or just accidental few pieces

Isn’t that a general problem with all the rolex models more or less? I don’t think it’s worse than the ones from the other factories. I always asumed they all had the same date wheel but I’m no expert in this matter.

MM070

26/6/18
Please look at this pics;

date on 20 is the VRF looks pretty good to me
date on 12 is the ARF sh3135, awful and very bold
date 29 is ARF 2824 i think it is in between but still bold what do you think??

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
VRF is definately better looking. And yeah the 12 one is ugly af.

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
Some ARF have decent datewheel. I would reject every QC that didn’t include a thinner font unless the plan is to install a gen dw and crystal.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Common issue with ARF..accept. Buy ARF..have to swap out DW. Buy V9..have to swap out bracelet..pick your poison

MM070

26/6/18
Do any of you know if its really hard to stick a dw overlay on the DW with the 2824 arf

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
i saw the new stock of @KSwatches and it seems that the DW is fixxed for now.

itwastyped

4/4/19
https://imgur.com/fkyv4Tz
fkyv4Tz.jpg

I ordered the 2824 a week ago, it looks a bit thick but not too bad, at least on this number

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Some more quick comparison Picts..added my ARF which I had turned 114060...gen dial

Congratulations on a great genuine sub mate! I can't help but notice that the ARF case doesn't look as beefy as people say, when put side to side with a gen. I have read something about a silent update, have they improved the case to make it a bit less "on steroids"?

itwastyped

4/4/19
I'm supposed to get it today, I can post pics when I have time. I plan on adding a better datewheel eventually, and maybe a gen or prof datewheel after I save up for a bit..

Can DWO's be changed between different movements? I'm new to watches, and to my understanding the DWO is glued on top of the existing datewheel. So if my A2824 movement breaks and I replace it with an eta2824, can a modder move my old datewheel+DWO to the new eta?

Reactions: Rolemars

MM070

26/6/18
It supposed to be yes, but requires a good modder as i’ve heard

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
And here I was thinking the date disc would just fit right on the eta as long as both are 2824 or require minimal fiddling.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Congratulations on a great genuine sub mate! I can't help but notice that the ARF case doesn't look as beefy as people say, when put side to side with a gen. I have read something about a silent update, have they improved the case to make it a bit less "on steroids"?

Thanks buddy. Side by side next to gen you can tell by the looks (it is wider) and the touch of it. Pictures, won’t do it justice because of the angles. By itself, you won’t know as there is not a reference to compare it to. I wouldn’t recommend bringing it in to AD and say, check this out or someone who has gen on to compare. Maybe they can tell, maybe they can’t but (we) will notice it, good folks on RWI and on TRF. I don’t know about the silent updates on the 3135 as occb2 said it is worst but the 2824, yes you can see and feel. If you asked me 99% won’t be able to tell. I’m not here to try to trick people or so forth about my watch. I just wanted to have a watch that I can enjoy, swim in, and not have to worry about banging it against anything. I have cheaper gens too..but wow...these new reps are sooo good, and I love the way they look. They came a long way..

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Thanks buddy. Side by side next to gen you can tell by the looks (it is wider) and the touch of it. Pictures, won’t do it justice because of the angles. By itself, you won’t know as there is not a reference to compare it to. I wouldn’t recommend bringing it in to AD and say, check this out or someone who has gen on to compare. Maybe they can tell, maybe they can’t but (we) will notice it, good folks on RWI and on TRF. I don’t know about the silent updates on the 3135 as occb2 said it is worst but the 2824, yes you can see and feel. If you asked me 99% won’t be able to tell. I’m not here to try to trick people or so forth about my watch. I just wanted to have a watch that I can enjoy, swim in, and not have to worry about banging it against anything. I have cheaper gens too..but wow...these new reps are sooo good, and I love the way they look. They came a long way..

Nice one, thanks for the extended explanation. I had an ARF Sub and I concur, its sheer quality is astounding right outside of the box.

With the time I have realised I'm a bit more interested in the old 5 digits subs but that was because of the general feeling of the six digit, which felt a bit bulky to me. Now seeing some comparisons between ARF and Noob I can actually see that the ARF is indeed bulkier, and that's why I was asking. I don't want to discard all six digits subs just because a feature that might only be present in the ARF, but not in the general line.

On the other hand, and to conclude, I still think ARF's quality is amazing, and I'm not sure if I could live with a Noob knowing that I'm missing ARF's hands, SEL and clasp (well, and Bracelet in general).

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Nice one, thanks for the extended explanation. I had an ARF Sub and I concur, its sheer quality is astounding right outside of the box.

With the time I have realised I'm a bit more interested in the old 5 digits subs but that was because of the general feeling of the six digit, which felt a bit bulky to me. Now seeing some comparisons between ARF and Noob I can actually see that the ARF is indeed bulkier, and that's why I was asking. I don't want to discard all six digits subs just because a feature that might only be present in the ARF, but not in the general line.

On the other hand, and to conclude, I still think ARF's quality is amazing, and I'm not sure if I could live with a Noob knowing that I'm missing ARF's hands, SEL and clasp (well, and Bracelet in general).

You know, I had started out with the 5 digit rep. I had a WM9 bluesy with many gen parts on it. It was a beautiful watch and had a gen bracelet to top it off. Even with that I felt it was very noisy. Noisy meaning it had the character of a 20 year old watch, bracelet rattled a lot, but also the fact that you can spot the true blue and gold from a mile away. It was very comfortable as it sat perfectly with my dress shirts, had to wear suits everyday for work. I started out disliking the six digits until my wife bought me a gen 6 digit. The solidness of the watch, especially the bracelet, changed my mind. It looked bulky compared to my wm9 but being so solid and well made, completely changed my outlook on them. My WM9 became my box queen and so I had sold it, still regret doing that.

my V9 hulk is a super franken. I wanted a gen hulk and the problem for the last couple of years It has been pulling teeth to get your hands on one from an AD. I knew that all rep hulks are wrong due to the true color of the insert and the dials. So I set out a goal to build me a super franken one with a budget of half of a gen. In order to start out with the right superfranken I needed a case that mirrored my gen, hence I had chosen the V9. With the V9, 99% of the parts can be bolted in. I can say I am 100% done with my superfranken build. Next to my gen you really can’t tell as its my favorite to wear. Take a look on bottom.

I also have my franken ARF no date as you saw. But I rarely did mods with it as I wear it to do physical activities (lawn work, work out), swim, hikes, etc. I put a gen dial on it because any rep dial screams rep to me. I can do this with my hulk too but because it has soooo many gen parts, I tend to be very careful with it. I just put a huge scratch on my ARF in the last couple of days but hey, not a biggie for me, it’s my beater. If it was my other watches you can bet I’m there on the ground holding it, like Peter griffin when he injures his knee. I’m happy with both of them and they both have there strong points. End game is that I believe. To just be happy with them and enjoy them.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
You know, I had started out with the 5 digit rep. I had a WM9 bluesy with many gen parts on it. It was a beautiful watch and had a gen bracelet to top it off. Even with that I felt it was very noisy. Noisy meaning it had the character of a 20 year old watch, bracelet rattled a lot, but also the fact that you can spot the true blue and gold from a mile away. It was very comfortable as it sat perfectly with my dress shirts, had to wear suits everyday for work. I started out disliking the six digits until my wife bought me a gen 6 digit. The solidness of the watch, especially the bracelet, changed my mind. It looked bulky compared to my wm9 but being so solid and well made, completely changed my outlook on them. My WM9 became my box queen and so I had sold it, still regret doing that.

my V9 hulk is a super franken. I wanted a gen hulk and the problem for the last couple of years It has been pulling teeth to get your hands on one from an AD. I knew that all rep hulks are wrong due to the true color of the insert and the dials. So I set out a goal to build me a super franken one with a budget of half of a gen. In order to start out with the right superfranken I needed a case that mirrored my gen, hence I had chosen the V9. With the V9, 99% of the parts can be bolted in. I can say I am 100% done with my superfranken build. Next to my gen you really can’t tell as its my favorite to wear. Take a look on bottom.

I also have my franken ARF no date as you saw. But I rarely did mods with it as I wear it to do physical activities (lawn work, work out), swim, hikes, etc. I put a gen dial on it because any rep dial screams rep to me. I can do this with my hulk too but because it has soooo many gen parts, I tend to be very careful with it. I just put a huge scratch on my ARF in the last couple of days but hey, not a biggie for me, it’s my beater. If it was my other watches you can bet I’m there on the ground holding it, like Peter griffin when he injures his knee. I’m happy with both of them and they both have there strong points. End game is that I believe. To just be happy with them and enjoy them.

I completely understand what you mean, yep. I had a couple of 16610LN reps and always favored the 116610 just because the same points (rattly bracelet mainly). But I also love the way an old scratched beaten up 16610 looks. I ended up getting myself a Ginault which has the best of both worlds (solid glidelock bracelet, 5-digit case) but I'm considering getting a 6-digit sports watch too as I like the looks. I have a Noob v8 GMT that should be in the post today, so let's see if that scratches the itch. If not, I might end up with a V9 Sub A2836 and ask the TD to source one with decent SEL. I'll add an ARF bracelet if SELs are crap although I understand that's a hit or miss, isn't it?

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Has any of you guys tried the ARF bracelet on a VRF? I'm wondering if it will fit properly. I might just buy one and try and then resell it if it doesn't fit.