• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

boonrofra

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/12/18
Germany
UPDATE: According to my watchsmith the gen spec gasket from Steve deosn't fit with my ARF 904L 2824 due to slightly different glas thickness between Prof and ARF crystal but the 2824 movement seems to be the same built and same superb quality like the one in the Fortis.

UPDATE: I am looking forward to receive my watch back tomorrow from my watchsmith with the new Prof 2xAR and after full-service maintance including nano sealing and various measurements.

According to evaluations of the high precision instruments both, the original ARF and the Prof 2xAR, resist up to 70m but no equivalent vacuum resistance (max. 50m). I am pretty impressed, though.
He again pointed out the very well built and precise movement of type ETA 2824 with very little imbalance.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
UPDATE: I am looking forward to receive my watch back tomorrow from my watchsmith with the new Prof 2xAR and after full-service maintance including nano sealing and various measurements.

According to evaluations of the high precision instruments both, the original ARF and the Prof 2xAR, resist up to 70m but no equivalent vacuum resistance (max. 50m). I am pretty impressed, though.
He again pointed out the very well built and precise movement of type ETA 2824 with very little imbalance.

Nano sealant? Vacuum resistance?? What?

boonrofra

25/12/18
Germany
100mf88729e08f1b8fbe.jpg

Push

boonrofra

25/12/18
Germany
I see, I don’t really trust those. Bring it in to get water pressure test at a local watch store. 70m is not too good,..

Don't think, that local watch stores usually are equipped twith those high tech instruments. If you don't trust numbers, you don't trust science. 70m is fine for me personally. I am not going to dive that deep.

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
Don't think, that local watch stores usually are equipped twith those high tech instruments. If you don't trust numbers, you don't trust science. 70m is fine for me personally. I am not going to dive that deep.

I don't think anyone's going to be diving 70m lol

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15

Yes, me too as far as diving deep, I have gen for that. But here is why I'm skeptical of the dry test, because it measure deformation of the crystal. Its not that I am challenging to see if it works, it may as well be true, but I believe the wet pressure test 100%.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo.../7233706-my-sub-is-leaking-from-crystal/page5

boonrofra

25/12/18
Germany
Yes, me too as far as diving deep, I have gen for that. But here is why I'm skeptical of the dry test, because it measure deformation of the crystal. Its not that I am challenging to see if it works, it may as well be true, but I believe the wet pressure test 100%.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo.../7233706-my-sub-is-leaking-from-crystal/page5

Interesting excerpt about a serious matter. But I do trust more serious literature rather than an online media website covering mainly food, drink, travel and entertainment.

I agree with you that wet pressure test, e.g. carried out at ROLEX, is best. But wet test is not suitable to Replica watches at all.
Why? My watchsmith has found a very tiny crack in the original ARF crystal, invisible with naked eye.
The quality of Replica crystals and other parts never can compete with genuine parts. So, the risk of damage of Replicas with water in wet test is too high.
Maybe, we can agree on the following: dry tests are sufficient for replicas and the result is more an indication based on simulations, not a question of trust or not mistrust.

By the way, according to another measurment, the thickness of ARF crystal of my watch is 1,73mm. The Prof 2xAR is 2,06mm. Any idea, how thick the gen crystal is?

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Interesting excerpt about a serious matter. But I do trust more serious literature rather than an online media website covering mainly food, drink, travel and entertainment.

I agree with you that wet pressure test, e.g. carried out at ROLEX, is best. But wet test is not suitable to Replica watches at all.
Why? My watchsmith has found a very tiny crack in the original ARF crystal, invisible with naked eye.
The quality of Replica crystals and other parts never can compete with genuine parts. So, the risk of damage of Replicas with water in wet test is too high.
Maybe, we can agree on the following: dry tests are sufficient for replicas and the result is more an indication based on simulations, not a question of trust or not mistrust.

By the way, according to another measurment, the thickness of ARF crystal of my watch is 1,73mm. The Prof 2xAR is 2,06mm. Any idea, how thick the gen crystal is?

Agreed, Crystals won’t fail for they are made with very hard materials....and for what we do, swimming in pools, it’s the gasket that will fail, the exerted pressure, crystal will blow out from watch. Not trying to be a hero, just trying to understand that test...let me know how your watch does in the pool. I just came back from the Bahamas and had no issues with ARF, in the ocean, after water pressure test.

boonrofra

25/12/18
Germany

UPDATE: Finally, I have got my watch back with 2xAR LEC, new 0,65mm gasket and I am really happy to have choosen ARF 904L with 2824 movement.
Watch with Prof. 2xAR is looking awesome! Plus movement is working nanobuttersmooth and I am confident that nothing is going to happen while diving in my bath tub.
Can highly recommend my watchsmith who is not only doing his job with a cheap Rep, he is obsessed with his craft in a positive sense.

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
heck yes, the last thing I want is, I think it is safe to go into the "pool" and then boom...$500 down the drain...

hahaha I know what you mean, I'm getting my naut serviced right now and it's already going to be at least $125

Young&Free

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/11/18
UPDATE: Finally, I have got my watch back with 2xAR LEC, new 0,65mm gasket and I am really happy to have choosen ARF 904L with 2824 movement.
Watch with Prof. 2xAR is looking awesome! Plus movement is working nanobuttersmooth and I am confident that nothing is going to happen while diving in my bath tub.
Can highly recommend my watchsmith who is not only doing his job with a cheap Rep, he is obsessed with his craft in a positive sense.

Hi boonrofra, you only change the crystal right. Did you change a gen DW? Do you think it’s a must? I read different opinions. Some say don’t have to change and some say is a must.

boonrofra

25/12/18
Germany
Hi boonrofra, you only change the crystal right. Did you change a gen DW? Do you think it’s a must? I read different opinions. Some say don’t have to change and some say is a must.

Yes.
My date changes approx. 5 min with nice subtle click after the hour.
So, technically no need to correct, adjust or change connected parts with DW in my watch.

Optically, it's just a matter of personal preference in my opinion.
Personally, I am happy with how ARF applied the printing ink richly onto the DW.

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
So, I had my date wheel swapped for Gen and my xtal.

Personally the ARF DW I got in my sub was pretty good, (I’ve had a few ARF subs with diffent fonts.)I think just changing the xtal would be enough if I didn’t have the Gen DW laying around. I had a little to large wonky cyclops on my ARF xtal.

Anyways I also have a TC v3 DW here so I thought I’d compare to my ARF DW. I was surprised, It’s very very close. here some pics

TCV3 ontop ARF bottom

5f78251fec46181e0d36e72aab48abaa.jpg
cff30185c2b753067ed7a20c891399ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Young&Free

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/11/18
Yes.
My date changes approx. 5 min with nice subtle click after the hour.
So, technically no need to correct, adjust or change connected parts with DW in my watch.

Optically, it's just a matter of personal preference in my opinion.
Personally, I am happy with how ARF applied the printing ink richly onto the DW.

Ohh. Ok thanks ! Getting mine next week. Hopefully the DW looks better in real life