• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

Luxuracer

Renowned Member
Here's my question: Would it be look gen-like to use the existing V7 case, or to switch all to a VRF 3135 case? (I already have the watch). I keep hearing how gen-like the VRF 3135 case is.

If the ARF bracelet fir your V7 case niceley with good SEL, then keep them that way. You will save a lot of time and headache.

Braking the VRF apart will create more issues then benefits.

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
If the ARF bracelet fir your V7 case niceley with good SEL, then keep them that way. You will save a lot of time and headache.

Braking the VRF apart will create more issues then benefits.

Yeah, it fits great - that makes sense - might open up a pandora's box by trying to swap the movements!

Relaxo88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/2/19
Hey guys Im new here. Until now I was a silent reader in this forum.
I‘ve got a cheap submariner 116610 from dhgate... I know. Its crap with a lot of flaws lol It was an important lesson for me. You get what you paid for. Now im about to buy a nice ARF submariner 116610.
Before I order, Ive got some questions for you.

1. I read that there isn‘t much difference about 316l and 904l. So are the submariners ARF A2824 the same quality apart from the steel? Price difference 100$.

2. Movement A2824 or SH3135. Difference 10$. I want to wear the watch how it comes. That means no modding (ARF > Noob v9 v).

TD will be intime or puretime. I wrote both of them an email. Who first reply will be my seller. Want to buy a nice collection.

Thanks a lot in advance

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
It's suppose to have a little gap, it was designed to do that yes. The gaps though are not as big as the ARF gaps, which in some cases Ive seen are very bad. It's comparing apples to oranges though if you ask me. When you see issues with Rolex's or flaws, it's like less than 1% of the million of watches they make per year. Most of them are spot on.

You’d hope they’d be spot on, yes. My point was it’s present on some gens too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tigerdragon

boonrofra

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/12/18
Germany
IMG_6311_244b8669f070c66b8.jpg

2xAR with LEC and gen spec gasket arrived today. Took 8 days with USPS priority mail. Looks great ! Thank you, Stephen.

UPDATE: According to my watchsmith the gen spec gasket from Steve deosn't fit with my ARF 904L 2824 due to slightly different glas thickness between Prof and ARF crystal but the 2824 movement seems to be the same built and same superb quality like the one in the Fortis.

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
I bought a crystal from Prof for my VRF Max 116613LB and the gaskets he supllied for that crystal didn't fit either.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
You’d hope they’d be spot on, yes. My point was it’s present on some gens too.

You do see it sometimes on gens, correct, but it’s rare for them to be bad like ARF. For example, I think this is extreme.

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
You do see it sometimes on gens, correct, but it’s rare for them to be bad like ARF. For example, I think this is extreme.

Yea, I completely agree with that

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
UPDATE: According to my watchsmith the gen spec gasket from Steve deosn't fit with my ARF 904L 2824 due to slightly different glas thickness between Prof and ARF crystal but the 2824 movement seems to be the same built and same superb quality like the one in the Fortis.

Had the same issue, re-used ARF gasket watch passed 5ATM pressure test.