• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

garnier

Renowned Member
30/5/12
I want to make a 114060 using this arf as base. Does anybody know if there is any bp no date dial that fits on 2824 movement?

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I want to make a 114060 using this arf as base. Does anybody know if there is any bp no date dial that fits on 2824 movement?

I made one, with gen dial. I had to cut off the feet on gen dial....bp dial should fit no probs if you do the same, unless you get one with the same movement 2824 in which I don’t know if they made one.

pelusito

Supporter
4/10/09
e9dac83e93827523ce0c78646137b962.jpg
here’s another pic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

amazing crystal and DW¡¡

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Have never, really never seen a gen with such a gap.

Here’s one from the Rolex forums, user said the crown was tight and was complaining how it’s seated out from the case.
37d99d9932e6de543d233818b26bfb3c.jpg

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
Granted, the gap maybe isn’t quite as big but there’s still a gap, the crown isn’t really meant to sit in and touch the case.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Granted, the gap maybe isn’t quite as big but there’s still a gap, the crown isn’t really meant to sit in and touch the case.

It's suppose to have a little gap, it was designed to do that yes. The gaps though are not as big as the ARF gaps, which in some cases Ive seen are very bad. It's comparing apples to oranges though if you ask me. When you see issues with Rolex's or flaws, it's like less than 1% of the million of watches they make per year. Most of them are spot on.

Young&Free

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/11/18
https://picr.me/image/rOkxb

just received my QCs. Is the cyclops blurry? The bottom of the cyclops looks cracked. And the part above the 50 marker on the bezel looks cracked. Are all the QCs like that? Can anyone advise?

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
So let me pick your guys' brains for a minute.... I got a gen Hulk bezel with insert on the 'bay a couple weeks ago. Not cheap, but hard as heck to come by (it was jeweler-salvaged from a damaged Rolex). About 10 scallops on one area of the bezel are damaged, the metal was scraped. JonJ is going to smooth that out for me and it should be much less noticeable when he's done....

Now, I have a Hulk with an ARF bracelet, V7 case, and gen everything else (including a gen 3135 movement!) excepting the dial/insert/bezel. After Jon fixes it, I am going to have the gen bezel and insert put on, which will the make it all gen except for the bracelet, case and dial. A kind fellow member has a BP dial I will put on the watch to replace the V7 dial.

Here's my question: Would it be look gen-like to use the existing V7 case, or to switch all to a VRF 3135 case? (I already have the watch). I keep hearing how gen-like the VRF 3135 case is.

Downside is that this involves switching all to another case, and of course the very nice ARF bracelet will not fit on the VRF case.

I'm tempted to just keep all the way it is, have Mike put the gen bezel/insert and BP dial on the existing V7, maybe have JonJ do what he can to mod the case to gen (if it even needs it) and call it a day...

Rolemars

Renowned Member
13/1/19
EU
For the bracelet itself, I would keep it the way it is. Of course everyone has their nitpicks. :)

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
So let me pick your guys' brains for a minute.... I got a gen Hulk bezel with insert on the 'bay a couple weeks ago. Not cheap, but hard as heck to come by (it was jeweler-salvaged from a damaged Rolex). About 10 scallops on one area of the bezel are damaged, the metal was scraped. JonJ is going to smooth that out for me and it should be much less noticeable when he's done....

Now, I have a Hulk with an ARF bracelet, V7 case, and gen everything else (including a gen 3135 movement!) excepting the dial/insert/bezel. After Jon fixes it, I am going to have the gen bezel and insert put on, which will the make it all gen except for the bracelet, case and dial. A kind fellow member has a BP dial I will put on the watch to replace the V7 dial.

Here's my question: Would it be look gen-like to use the existing V7 case, or to switch all to a VRF 3135 case? (I already have the watch). I keep hearing how gen-like the VRF 3135 case is.

Downside is that this involves switching all to another case, and of course the very nice ARF bracelet will not fit on the VRF case.

I'm tempted to just keep all the way it is, have Mike put the gen bezel/insert and BP dial on the existing V7, maybe have JonJ do what he can to mod the case to gen (if it even needs it) and call it a day...

v7 case is better than vrf case. keep it the way you have it..VRF is the best out of box but Noob still has closest case to gen...