• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

Dufan

7/10/18
but I'm the only one with 2824 that the date from 20 to 31 is really outrageous? : (((

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Get yourself a VRF Max Hulk .... the best out-of-the-box Hulk currently on the market.

I have a VRF in parts on my bench. The dial is ok but completely not close to rolex. The bezel is not good. Might be the best rolex LV rep but far from close to real.

jilde.md.jpg

My real LV on the left. the VRF on the right. Colors are no where close to the real deal.
​​​​​​​

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Luxuracer

Renowned Member
I have a VRF in parts on my bench. The dial is ok but completely not close to rolex. The bezel is not good. Might be the best rolex LV rep.

My real LV on the left. the VRF on the right. Colors are no where close to the real deal.

I know the VRF bezel and case are not the best, but comparing to ARF and Noob V9 it has better insert and dial, even though they are not as good as gen.

Last edited:
Reactions: occb2

Jinco

Looking Around
4/9/13
So I didn't accept the previous now, but this second QC seems better in terms of font thickness (not perfect though, but I am not expecting that now anyway).
However, I think the pearly is slightly off-center. What do you guys think? Is it worth not accepting this one as well?

https://imgur.com/a/5c2XUHz

Thanks

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
I have a VRF in parts on my bench. The dial is ok but completely not close to rolex. The bezel is not good. Might be the best rolex LV rep but far from close to real.

jilde.md.jpg

I still remember you saying don't rep the hulk, unless you plan to mod it with gen parts (insert + dial) because the color is no where close to gen. I totally agree with this. I have never seen a Hulk in real life but until I did, I realized how bad and off the color was. This prompted my journey with gen parts (+3K later). The pictures will never do it justice..as the green is so different. There's a nostalgic look to it, probably the best looking submariner, with Rolex colors.

gen bezel/insert

v9 insert

​​​​​​​

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I still remember you saying don't rep the hulk, unless you plan to mod it with gen parts (insert + dial) because the color is no where close to gen. I totally agree with this. I have never seen a Hulk in real life but until I did, I realized how bad and off the color was. This prompted my journey with gen parts (+3K later). The pictures will never do it justice..as the green is so different. There's a nostalgic look to it, probably the best looking submariner, with Rolex colors.

I agree. The bezel is a must. Now a dial is a must too. LOL. It will bring the watch to life. The combo of those two things along with a real crystal will bring any LV lover to his knees.

I am with you on the look too. I had a noob I believe V6S or earlier hulk. I NEVER pretend it was real. I went to my friend Wills birthday party in Maryland and he had a real one. I don't think he had a clue, he just buys watches. He said I have the same watch. Put it next to mine. I told him, Yea but yours is real look at the difference. Then I HATED the hulk. I kept building all real but case LN's. Then I got a real Hulk case and the rest everyone knows. The Hulk is a rare sub. It is costing premium right now. China is jumping forward every year with an amazing copy of subs. For some reason they aren't making much advances in the colors of the dial and bezel of the LV. Luxuracer is correct. While the VRF isn't perfect it is the best we have right now. I did buy it and did a comparison on it with a real one. Real bracelet doesnt fit the VRF case with out case work. It is off ever so slightly. The movement looks amazing but has pallet pins on the main plate and the blue spring didnt make it through my movement cleaner and it was installed on the main plate. LOL. My date doesnt advance correctly as I have seen a bunch of people are having this issue. When I have the time I will hybrid the VR3135 and the SH3135. Using a SH manipulate and hopefully a good VR balance and all the VR plates. They look amazingly Rolex. Even the auto reversing wheels and bridge. They just left out the pinion stone which I will just use a SH lower plate on the auto reversing bridge. It worked on my VR rebuild well. We will see.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15

I agree. The bezel is a must. Now a dial is a must too. LOL. It will bring the watch to life. The combo of those two things along with a real crystal will bring any LV lover to his knees.

I am with you on the look too. I had a noob I believe V6S or earlier hulk. I NEVER pretend it was real. I went to my friend Wills birthday party in Maryland and he had a real one. I don't think he had a clue, he just buys watches. He said I have the same watch. Put it next to mine. I told him, Yea but yours is real look at the difference. Then I HATED the hulk. I kept building all real but case LN's. Then I got a real Hulk case and the rest everyone knows. The Hulk is a rare sub. It is costing premium right now. China is jumping forward every year with an amazing copy of subs. For some reason they aren't making much advances in the colors of the dial and bezel of the LV. Luxuracer is correct. While the VRF isn't perfect it is the best we have right now. I did buy it and did a comparison on it with a real one. Real bracelet doesnt fit the VRF case with out case work. It is off ever so slightly. The movement looks amazing but has pallet pins on the main plate and the blue spring didnt make it through my movement cleaner and it was installed on the main plate. LOL. My date doesnt advance correctly as I have seen a bunch of people are having this issue. When I have the time I will hybrid the VR3135 and the SH3135. Using a SH manipulate and hopefully a good VR balance and all the VR plates. They look amazingly Rolex. Even the auto reversing wheels and bridge. They just left out the pinion stone which I will just use a SH lower plate on the auto reversing bridge. It worked on my VR rebuild well. We will see.

nice, keep us updated

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18

gen bezel/insert

v9 insert

This is for the watch with the gen insert... what is the base watch (case/midbody)? Also, what is the dial on that watch?

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
This is for the watch with the gen insert... what is the base watch (case/midbody)? Also, what is the dial on that watch?

Stock V9..gen bezel/insert..prof black hole crystal, gen Dw, sh3135 yuki