• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

Recypher

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/6/18
The more expensive one is made from 904 steel (the same grade Rolex uses)...thats the one we are discussing in this thread :)

Reactions: melandri

melandri

Known Member
12/12/18
Is there any quality difference at all between the two? Stuff like the correct shape of SEL, bezel color, date font? Or is literally the only difference the type of steel?

melandri

Known Member
12/12/18
Looks like the non904 is out of stock anyway and I sort of assume they're not making it anymore

gabro

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
17/3/18

​​​​​​​​Thought to share my latest project

Rolex submariner 116610 ARF franken

Gen dial DW and crown.

Spongbob insert mod.

Prof black hole crystal

Fully serviced ETA and waterproofed in Germany.

lamkinpark

Known Member
12/10/18
gabro, very nice mobbed. But for me, the biggest tell for Arf still the crown & tube position, it sit too low and not center compare to the gen.

Reactions: Vvvlllooo

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
gabro, very nice mobbed. But for me, the biggest tell for Arf still the crown & tube position, it sit too low and not center compare to the gen.

It’s the same tell for me too..it’s one of those once you see it, you can’t unsee it. My eyes Gravitate towards the flaws rather than just be happy with the other 99 things ARF did right.

lamkinpark

Known Member
12/10/18
I think this had been discussed long ago in this thread, take the noob if u want to built the best franken, or take Arf if u don't mind those flaws n leave it as it is.

watchboi

20/6/17
MIA, FL
I think this had been discussed long ago in this thread, take the noob if u want to built the best franken, or take Arf if u don't mind those flaws n leave it as it is.

Yes, I know that's the consensus here. I was merely asking his opinion on the specific issues, i.e the crown and tube positions.

ChelleBella

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/10/17
Hi,
just recieved my QC pics for my ARF Hulk 904L A2824.

gyb1L.jpg

ge70Q.md.jpg

geNfe.md.jpg

geLfX.md.jpg

gyUVT.jpg

gyJse.jpg

I have three things to consider:
1. The bold font of the DW. What do you think, is it acceptable?
2. It looks like the marker on 45 is misangled. Or is it just the angle?
3. There is something wrong in the dateweel?!

I think the insert is the old batch because of the short "f"? Am I right?
Everything else seems to be fine.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
So you'd say Noob's v9 stands better?

Yes, it’s been discussed here many times. Here’s where I’ve always stood.

Out of the box no mods
ARF 2824 > Noob V9 > ARF 3135
For reasons..hit that search button and read

Once you start modding or even think about it
Noob V9 > ARF 2824 > ARF 3135

I do hear a lot of folks only wanting to mod a little...
ARF 2824 = Noob V9 depends on the mods and personal interpretations

If you are waaay too anal..
Rfactory

Reactions: watchboi

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Yes, I know that's the consensus here. I was merely asking his opinion on the specific issues, i.e the crown and tube positions.

Crown does sit low on ARF vs gen and noob, I have to search, or take Picts, but it’s been compared before, known differences. Some people can tell, some can’t....can you live with it is the answer.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
For most, there is no perceptible difference between crown guards, Gen, ARF, or Noob.

The Noob, for example is still wrong.

There are a lot of people who mention it for no other reason than it is known or has been said before.

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
For most, there is no perceptible difference between crown guards, Gen, ARF, or Noob.

The Noob, for example is still wrong.

There are a lot of people who mention it for no other reason than it is known or has been said before.

You can draw a line in the middle of a piece of paper and weigh the flaws between the two...and fix them....to look more gen. The battle is internal, what can you live with, and if you can’t take the flaws buy a gen. I not the richest guy so price is also an issue....what is your budget and how much are you willing to spend to satisfy your needs? That will truly determines which one to “pick” not which one is better. All reps are what they are..flawed pieces. 99.8% of the world can’t tell, unless you are a member of RWI, and still we no care..appreciate the hobby.

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
On another note...Just tested my ARF case... .4 MPa or 133 feet...passed...Noob crystal with ARF gasket...I built a no date sub

this is an interesting case construction.. how is the no date crystal held in place with no tension spring? Is the crystal assembly different from the 16610?