• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116610 904l 2824

Realtime

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/5/18
Your sub looks amazing! I don't see any flaws but I'm also no expert.

Puretime said they're out of stock for 2-3 weeks so hopefully I don't have to wait too long after my btc clears!

Sead (supermirrors) has the A2824 in stock, so if you don't want to wait you could always get it from him. He also keeps watches in stock in the UK so if you're in Europe then that's a big plus. :)

clevername1234

Horology Curious
28/5/18
need some advice

i have plan for changing xtal for my arf should i use gen gasket that come with gen xtal or should i use old gasket from arf ?

if i want to go franken for 116610ln
for gen dial insert bezel hand xtal crown hand = i should go for noob v9 right?

I'm in the process of getting a gen xtal swapped in and the ARF gasket causes the xtal to sit too low. The gen xtal I'm using ended up being a datejust crystal, so a sub xtal may not have that issue. Probably best to be safe and use either a gen gasket or go to Start Time to get one that fits the 116610.

Last edited:

recan1ze

9/1/17
Germany
hey guys, i have a problem with my arf sub from sead.

what can I do to hide the error on the bezel. Apparently the paint peels off :(

I dont know when that happened, I was very careful and so it was not when I got the clock

https://imgur.com/a/3ucO7H3

Rheinischerjung

24/11/18
recan1ze was there no way to post a picture with less light? May only from the backside to see your bezel problem? Man, you cannot see the problem yourself so that you had to do a mark in den unfocused middle of nowhere. Why do you waste your time with uploading and our time with watching?

Reactions: recan1ze

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Wow that looks terrible indeed. Looks like the broken V9 bezel i posted a page ago. You need a new bezel i think.

recan1ze

9/1/17
Germany
I did not receive the watch like that. This must have happened sometime during the week, have it noticed today.
I handled the watch extremely carefully.

I have not cleaned or similar ... have already written sead hope also a free solution

melandri

Known Member
12/12/18
Sort of looks like some type of moisture got under the paint. If it makes you feel better it wasn't very obvious at a glance though I know it would bother me a lot.

Rheinischerjung

24/11/18

Today my watch arrived from puretime with „all in package“. I am really happy with the watch, only the known flaws. But one big thing that is not as usual...the date doesn’t flip at 12, it flips at 7. Don’t know what this could be.
Here are some pics:

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
But one big thing that is not as usual...the date doesn’t flip at 12, it flips at 7. Don’t know what this could be.

The hands need to be taken off and put on set at 12 when the date flips.

There's a f**kwit working at ARF who can't put the hands on properly - or he just does it that way for shits and giggles. A know problem with many of their watches.

Anyone buying ARF - you MUST check the hands are in sync on your QC - though checking they are in synch with the date is not possible - ask your TD to check.

Tacotuesday

1/6/18

Today my watch arrived from puretime with „all in package“. I am really happy with the watch, only the known flaws. But one big thing that is not as usual...the date doesn’t flip at 12, it flips at 7. Don’t know what this could be.
Here are some pics:

The hands just werent placed at the correct time, easy fix by a watchmaker or yourself if youre confident enough to mess with hands. I've done it with Seiko 5's but wouldnt want to do it on an ARF.

Rheinischerjung

24/11/18
I had that issue with my gen Navitimer after a crash. There was a screw broken inside. I hope that it is only the hands this time.